51 coaches online • Server time: 15:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
No Gnoblar Hero or Maneater?

hmm, good point, there are no pictures for those two players. I guess I could use a normal Ogre and colour him in the warhammer style instead of human skin tones. Not sure what i can do for the Gnoblar hero though?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:
No Gnoblar Hero or Maneater?

hmm, good point, there are no pictures for those two players. I guess I could use a normal Ogre and colour him in the warhammer style instead of human skin tones. Not sure what i can do for the Gnoblar hero though?

From Knut:
Knut_Rockie wrote:
Here are a few more rosters. Hopefully someone will be able to colorize them, as the Irongut and some of the Goblin ones could be good alternate portraits for the official teams.

Gnoblar

Gnoblar

Irongut

Trapper

Gorger

Man Eater
Use one of the existing Ogre portraits.

Maybe he would draw up a Gnoblar Hero if you asked him. He has always been super receptive to do so.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the Ogre he did, the top one hasn't been used and looks great.

http://fantasyfootballart.blogspot.ca/2011/01/fantasy-football-player-portraits-ogre.html

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool I will use that one. I need to redo the ogres I think, they were meant to have grey skin like wfb but it turned out a little too green
Cevap

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

A fixed pygmy and an eagle warrior:
ImageImage
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I regret that I am not an artist, and am not able to help with this noble effort...
.... but since I likely will be staring at these icons for a long time in the future, I know I would be kicking myself if I didn't make this suggestion:

Change the skin tone on the Skinks. The bright teal is... well, it reminds me too much of the way that Warhammer people like to paint Lizardmen. BUT, I really like the fact the existing FUMBBL portrait is NOT this color. To me, the bright teal is too cartoony and fantasy-esque, like a saturday morning cartoon.

Plus, it doesn't match the existing skink at all.... which is the one you're going to use for the linemen. The dissimilarity looks kinda wacky.

My suggestions:

1) Give each position it's own muted earth-tone-- Lineman already has that dark aqua, maybe the raptor could get a clay red, and the whiptails a pea-green, etc.

2) Change the colour of new portraits to match the colour of the existing linemen portrait.

3) Or, (least preferential) change the existing lineman portrait to match the bright teal of the new ones. This way, the stunty skink linemen have a different look than the regular skinks, which is fitting, since they have different stats.

That's my well-meaning critique from the peanut gallery....
Knut_Rockie

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone

I'm really liking the coloured portraits, can't wait to see them all in action.

I've no idea how I missed the Gnoblar hero first time around? So to make amends I've just drawn him and updated the Gnoblar page of my Blog accordingly.
Check him out here...
http://fantasyfootballart.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/stunty-leeg-gnoblars.html

Cheers

K_R
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnob hero is awesome. Thanks Knut!

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
I regret that I am not an artist, and am not able to help with this noble effort...
.... but since I likely will be staring at these icons for a long time in the future, I know I would be kicking myself if I didn't make this suggestion:

Change the skin tone on the Skinks. The bright teal is... well, it reminds me too much of the way that Warhammer people like to paint Lizardmen. BUT, I really like the fact the existing FUMBBL portrait is NOT this color. To me, the bright teal is too cartoony and fantasy-esque, like a saturday morning cartoon.

Plus, it doesn't match the existing skink at all.... which is the one you're going to use for the linemen. The dissimilarity looks kinda wacky.

My suggestions:

1) Give each position it's own muted earth-tone-- Lineman already has that dark aqua, maybe the raptor could get a clay red, and the whiptails a pea-green, etc.

2) Change the colour of new portraits to match the colour of the existing linemen portrait.

3) Or, (least preferential) change the existing lineman portrait to match the bright teal of the new ones. This way, the stunty skink linemen have a different look than the regular skinks, which is fitting, since they have different stats.

That's my well-meaning critique from the peanut gallery....

As I said I was planning to redo the regular skink, but if the majority doesn't like the color I'll redo everything else Very Happy
So far Garion didn't mind, and he's the boss here Razz
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a huge fan of the teal skin either...FWIW
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of the teal either, but am good with whatever one is chosen.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

OK then! Are you guys OK with the whole earth-tone thingy cameronhawkins suggested or does someone have a better idea? I'd prefer not having to recolor them yet again Razz
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just being picky. I will be happy with whatever they end up as. If you can fix them without too much work, then go for it. All about how much work it is for you really. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I have them saved as a Photoshop file so all I need to do is select a different color really, so feel free to suggest something more appealing to the eye Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2012 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

redid the Irongut from the Gnoblar team so the skin is grey, like WFB which this team is based on. Also added the Maneater and Gnoblar Hero and finished the star players except the Pygmy star which Cevap is working on.

I have left the Gorger with the first skin colour I did which is more of a green grey, as i think it needs to be a little different to the other ogres, but if people think I should change that to the new skin colour as well then I will?
 Jump to: