19 coaches online • Server time: 07:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kelkka

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Had team in post-match when I first loaded the lfg2 page. And it doesn't show there even after I readied the team.
And a suggestion: group ranked and League teams separately in the listing.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

One solution, rather than for the names to be links, might be ('might' because I've no idea of the technical stuff required to do it) just to replace the currently displayed info in the yellow summary box with the team's current roster, as you'd see on the team page..? On the other hand, I've just realised I was being foolish and going the long way round, & that it's quicker to just search for the team's name rather than the coach's.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok-- first time I clicked on the link, I got my list of readied teams. Good so far.

Then i realized that the team I wanted to try (Lil' Nibblers) wasn't in Ready status, so I went back to my home page, and readied it.

However, nothing I try can put it on the list. I have tried reloading w/ shift, reclicking the link, but there's no change. Lil' Nibblers doesn't show up on the list.

I'm on a mac-- maybe I need to try a button other than shift....?

(edit-- Seems to be the same problem that Kelkka mentions above)
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

need to go make an R team then Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 23:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Pushed over some updates:

- Fix for Break Tackle and Diving Tackle counting as Tackle in the info popup
- Added a ranking bracket indicator to the coach name on the suggested games list
- Info popup now has a link to the team roster
- Info popup displays team record and form

Remember to shift-reload if these don't show for you.
lizvis

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
and may be a big announcement at the top that the LFG2 page is in beta and should be treated as such, instead of chewing out the staff when things don't work properly?....

because that never happens with the FFB client Wink

with that being said....the page looks great christer Smile

--j

don't worry shadow, we'll just blame you ............leaving the rest of the staff completely out of it Smile
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks fab,

only bug noticed so far is that claw is not showing on Necro teams.
cyric612

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

it's a normal skill i think it only shows added skills through spp's
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 00:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The display only shows skill updates, not positional skills.
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The Gamefinder 2 ADDS the TV from Miss next game players.
cyric612

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a game then later went to the gamefinder and it still showed the TV from the first game even though I got a player back and my TV went up from 1570 to 1700
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i've gotta say - i'm much more interested in players as a whole than with total numbers of skills - Provocateurs necromantic are far scarier than a team with precisely the same skills (even the same number of doubles) but where a zombie has the +S, a flesh golem the +agi, and a ghoul has MB/PO instead of the wolf.

also, if i look at 2 norse teams, one 400 tv higher than the other, but both with the same skills, the display doesnt show which positions are actually on the team (which is where the tv difference comes from, since one team had the troll and both wolves while the other did not)

I also regularly (with the old gamefinder) have teams up for over an hour due to my time slot - and some of the people i challenge take more than 15 minutes to respond due to getting food or speccing other matches (i too have taken that long) so keeping my checks for at least 15 minutes would be good

it does look pretty, and i havent played with it much - but on the old gamefinder if there are 60 teams listed, i can quickly see all of them, and which 25 im interested in challenging - and if someone puts a team up that a team i havent selected is interested in (like i almost never activate my halflings, but i sometimes see someone and go hey! i should add my halflings to gamefinder just to challenge that particular team) - does this gamefinder have the capacity to handle those 2 situations?

long ramble below, if it isnt useful let me know and i can remove it

i guess i was looking for the old gamefinder with 3 extra columns added that would put a button next to all opposing teams - one for 'i would be interested in playing this team' which if selected would give me a pop up to choose which teams i would be willing to play against that team (if i selected more than one, then an extra line for the corresponding third colum buttons described below would be created); the second column would be the 'decline; button which would mean none of my teams were interested in playing against that opposing team, and the third column would be a 'play' button that would only become active if both i and the opposing coach had selected 'i am interested in playing' with the same combination of teams

once a play button had been selected, it would act just like the home page play buttons, except no game name would be required.

both the 'i am interested in playing' and 'decline' buttons would be de-selectable so that we could change our minds at any time

i like the old gamefinders simpleness and ability to see many many teams at a glance, since i generally know all my teams off by heart, and choosing the opposing team usually means i already know which of my teams i have in my mind for that matchup - so i dont want to see 13 copies of one enemy team simply because i have 13 viable matches against that team, as that reduces how many opposing teams i can quickly see at once
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to all that. Somewhere in between the two versions, there's a perfect gamefinder.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
yeah i've gotta say - i'm much more interested in players as a whole than with total numbers of skills - Provocateurs necromantic are far scarier than a team with precisely the same skills (even the same number of doubles) but where a zombie has the +S, a flesh golem the +agi, and a ghoul has MB/PO instead of the wolf.

Though you can right click the team name to open the full team sheet in a new tab. Just as you can now.

Nelphine wrote:

i guess i was looking for the old gamefinder with 3 extra columns added that would put a button next to all opposing teams - one for 'i would be interested in playing this team' which if selected would give me a pop up to choose which teams i would be willing to play against that team (if i selected more than one, then an extra line for the corresponding third colum buttons described below would be created); the second column would be the 'decline; button which would mean none of my teams were interested in playing against that opposing team, and the third column would be a 'play' button that would only become active if both i and the opposing coach had selected 'i am interested in playing' with the same combination of teams

once a play button had been selected, it would act just like the home page play buttons, except no game name would be required.

both the 'i am interested in playing' and 'decline' buttons would be de-selectable so that we could change our minds at any time

i like the old gamefinders simpleness and ability to see many many teams at a glance, since i generally know all my teams off by heart, and choosing the opposing team usually means i already know which of my teams i have in my mind for that matchup - so i dont want to see 13 copies of one enemy team simply because i have 13 viable matches against that team, as that reduces how many opposing teams i can quickly see at once

+1

It is now a long cluttered list with loads of combinations that you don't need to see.

Also, the team name is large and the coach name small. It's more likely to be the coach name that I would want to find quickly.

Do people in your buddy list appear in a different colour?

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2012 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but theres no point (for me) in the displayed info (most of the info it provides can be guessed simply from looking at the race and tv; if i'm going to look at the team info anyway, then im doing it to determine how dangerous the team is both in terms of scoring and in damage causing, and that can only really be determined by player specific details), so its simply like a really big colourful second button to click through to the team anyway. But having the team roster pop up like the display currently does would be very cool.
 Jump to: