25 coaches online • Server time: 04:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2015 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

O[L]C Holiday League (Open) Grand Championship Finalists!

B Y U Boys will square off against Dark Stones soon..

How did we get here?

During the Open Round Robin, The BYU Boys charged out of the gates and secured enough points to feel comforatble to earn a playoff spot.
The Dark Stones, however, put on a late rush of games to grab the #2 spot.

So, here we are!

Trash Talk:

I see some Dark Elves who want to get in on the hitting game...sounds fun!

I see some Humans who want to get in on the elf game...sounds fun, too!

We will post the time we are set to play the final, stay tuned and watch for the time in the Upcoming Matches (Group Page)

Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi to all group members!
The final is scheduled tonight 23.30 fumbbl time (I know, not the best hour to have 50 specs Very Happy ), but I'm really busy in the afternoon during these days.
I really hope it will be an interesting and tight match and looking to the team rosters there are many chances it could be a great final!
See you tonight!!!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The winner gets a crack at those Heavyweight Champion gobbos

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Stones won another trophy in the OLC beating the B Y U Boys!
O[L]C Holiday League (Open) Grand Championship
Opponent coach gamelsetlmatch opted for 3 dirty trick cards instead of a wizard, getting 3 very good ones! (Witch's Brew-Illegal Substitution-Pit Trap).
Despite this, Nuffle were on darkies side and I got really better dice. Additionally, when the dirty trick cards were correctly played, they failed miserably at the end: Witch's Brew failed on my ballhandler and especially Pit Trap played on my ballcarrier sidelined blitzer didn't get the desired bounce for my opponent...
Time to face those Heavyweight Champions gobbos!!!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2015 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz GG!

It started looking dodgy for the humans as soon as they couldn't form that first half cage.

Let's have some more Championship challengers and Free For Allers too.

Kick off Thursday!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Are too many of your 'open' games a one off match against an unknown opponent with no long term goal?

If so, try the Open [L]eague Challenge where each open match can be a step on the road to the Heavyweight title.

You need [L]eague division teams. Old or New. Sign up as many as you like.

The next set of O[L]C events kick off Thursday 29th January.

Grats to cdassak's Fang Bang Gang (vampire) for winning the Holiday League Lightweight Grand Championship.
Good luck to gamelsetlmatch's B Y U Boys (human) and Gary_Gygax's Dark Stones (dak elf) in the Open weight Grand Final.

cdassak's Wild Bunch I (goblin) are the reigning Heavyweight Champions having defeated BillBrasky's (7 time champs) WMD's in OLC. cdassak has also won the last THREE league Grand Championships so
the winners of the B Y U Boys/DarkStones clash will be the next challengers.

O[L]C Heavyweight Challenge (KO Tournament)
To find the next set of challengers we will be running the Heavyweight Challenge.
The Challenge is a KO tournament. It will accept up to 16 teams allocated by highest TV if more than 16 apply.
The first round lasts 11 days. The other rounds will be 9 days each.

The winner of the Challenge gets the next crack at the Heavyweight title after B Y U Boys/DarkStones.

O[L]C Free For All (Open League)
Another route to the title is the O[L]C Free For All

The O[L]C Free For All is a house ruled Open Round robin League.

The league lasts just over three weeks. It may be played as a stand alone league or as a step on the road to the O[L]C Heavyweight championship.

Play any opponent in your division in any order at any time. Schedule games in advance if you find that easier.
Four leading teams will progress to the play offs to become Old World Grand Champion. The champion may challenge for the O[L]C Heavyweight Championship.

Your best 6 results count. You'll need to play at least 4 games to be considered for the playoffs

Season VI will have two divisions. Lightweight (1200TW) and Middleweight (1600)

Points are awarded as follows:
Win = 4, Draw = 2, Defeat = 1.

The following house rules will be in effect for all O[L]C events until unless otherwise stated.

House Rules.
1. Fouling +1 to armour roll.
2. Claw does not stack with other skills that modify armour rolls.
3. Piling On allows coach to reroll injury only.
4. Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked.
5. Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists.
6. Banned sneaky git players are sent to the KO box instead.

More may be allowed if there is space.

Teams must be in the [L]eague Division

Let's get those 'resting' [L]eague teams some action.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick off tonight!

Let's have some more teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Free For all Season VI is under way!!!!

Places still open. It is NOT too late to join.

We need ONE more big [L]eague team for the Heavyweight Challenge

The first team gets the place.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A Laugh And A Half (TV 1110k Undead) vs Bad Blue Boys
(TV 1040+50k Chaos Dwarf) Date: 2015-11-09 00:26:02

The match got off on a horrible start for A Laugh And A Half, for the fans were out for blood and threw a rock right between Ace Ventura's eyes, leaving him badly hurt and unregenerated in the box for the rest of the match. Luckily for them though, the pouring rain made the Bad Blue Boys fumble the ball not once but twice, allowing AL&AH to brawl their way further up the pitch, killing the unfortunate hobgoblin Lemi in the process. Quite a hussle for the ball ensued, but in the end it was Wayne Campbell who saw an opportunity to grab the ball in the midst of all the chaos. His teammates freed him from any defenders, providing him with ample opportunity to casually walk the ball in the endzone. TD Undead!

The second half it was AL&AH's turn to receive, and the pouring rain stopped as rays of sunshine broke through the clouds, blessing them with perfect blood bowl weather. It was as if Nuffle himself smiled down upon them. The kick landed perfectly behind the los, creating the ideal set-up: Austin Powers picked up the ball and his teammates provided his coverage. The Bad Blue Boys were out for blood to avenge their fallen teammate and were hungry for the ball; their defense was airtight and quickly they managed to cover the ballhandler themselves. Against all odds, Austin was able to dodge his defenders, and thanks to another outstanding smackdown by Lloyd Christmas he was able to penetrate deep into Chaos Dwarf territory. Ranc didn't live to tell the tale. A second AL&AH td looked imminent, but the BBB weren't about to stand still and let it happen: Milka blitzed his way out of his defenders clutches and was able to cover the ballhandler once more. The crowd held its breath: would Austin be able to dodge this monstrosity breathing down his neck and march his way into the endzone? Alas! Nuffle decided he had graced them enough. Wayne tripped and fumbled the ball, thus allowing Milka to make right the fumbling situation from the first half. He easily picked up the ball and marched in right into the endzone, causing a CD td and ending the game in a tie.

Tie or not, it was an exciting and bloody match and I would like to thank both my opposing coach ànd the specs for another excellent blood bowl experience.

'Till next time!
 Jump to: