29 coaches online • Server time: 03:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vorner

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2003 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Peer Presure- Doing what your mates tell you.

Beer Pressure- Sleeping with someone ugly because you're drunk.

Leer Pressure- Doing something because someone is giving u an evil.

Tear Pressure- Buying/doing something because your girlfriend is crying. (Also applies to small children.)

Clear Pressure- Obvious Pressure... obviously.

Rear Pressure- A good old guff.

Sheer Pressure- Lots of pressure, perhaps all the above applied at once!

Near Pressure- A lucky escape from any of the pressures above.

Meer(Cat) Pressure- When a wild cat er... ok I no longer know what I'm talking about.
Barash

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2003 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Some remarks and questions:

Quote:

2)Bad dice rolls are funny. And the lower your luck rating tumbles the funner the game. This doesn't translate to your oppo. So laughing at him isn't that cool.

Quote:

5)If you can't make friends, make enemies! Better to be known for something than nothing!

It's a bit of a Paradox. Can any cool coach please tell me (I'm almost a cool coach): Does this mean that if you want to make enemies you are cool if you laugh at him? (although laughung at his bad luck isn't cool on itself). i.e. your saldo is you become more cool or uncool?

Quote:

6)1 turners. Very uncool. Blitz,.... score. Boring! Play the game with a little variation in mind. I mean use a little skill to score, not just 1 blitz and 1 GFI.

Does this mean that scaven are not cool? The only cool thing about scaven are their MV 14 gutterrunners. Same thing for Gobs and Flings.

Quote:

8)Fouling after the 6th turn of the second half, is uncool.

I'd like to add here "Unless the opponent fouls you after turn 6 of the 2nd half" Revenge is cool!

Quote:

20)Leap skill on a player with ag5 or higher. Not cool. Why? Cos it then becomes too damn good is why. Don't argue I'm writing this.

eh.. well... eh.. okay I don't argue ... but In case you wondered.. heh .. nay.. I said I won't argue... (damn this is hard Wink )

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2003 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:
The only cool thing about scaven are their MV 14 gutterrunners.

Actually, the Horns Storm Varmints are the coolest players on my skaven team. And the Dauntless Gutter Bugger. When he was still alive.
Akira\'srevenge

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2003 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, I'm all for not fouling when unneccessary, but when someone (CoughGaraxCough) scores 3 TD's with his high elf catcher, You're going to want to kick him to the ground, surround him with Dark Elf blitzers, and kick the **** out of him.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2003 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, for that matter, notice that one of the opposing team has some sick line of stats and skills and make a pre-emptive strike on him *before* he costs you 3 TDs.

The Finishing Touch
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2003 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Anonymous wrote:
This is what's cool, in my mind.

Nothing makes me happier than to foul an anti-fouler at the end of a game in which I'm kicking his butt just to see him complain.

Violating the CoCCC, not cool!
Probably why it's only cool in your mind!

Last edited by Nightbird on Sep 23, 2018 - 15:32; edited 1 time in total
vorner

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2003 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird, I am shocked and saddened that you think the only good thing about the Skaven is their 1 turners! They have firstly lots of speed..... and... and... oh yeah physical mutations... and... um... well thats about it really.

But you dont need to get a 1 turner in order to have a successful team. The Tofu rats have never stooped to using a 1 turner, and they spent months in the top 15 team, even now after a severe bashing they are still in the top 50.

What I was trying to explain with the make enemies bit, not very eleoquent I know, was that if someone is a bit of a knob of an opponent... In other words if you can't make a friend of them. (Cos they are such a Turkey, for one reason of another) Instead of parting on a passing basis... you should insult the crap outta them!!!

Nothing by halves I meant. Although I admit it wasn't that clear. Which reminds me. Nightbird I hate you. Smile
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2003 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm shocked and saddend that you could so misunderstand my post Vorn and use such a strong word as hate. Sad And to think I was gonna come to your Stag party!

Now what I meant Mildred (Vorner) was simply that anonymous guests idea of cool, "fouling a non-fouler at the very end of the game just to piss him off", was uncool due to it violating rules #8, #9 of the CoCCC! Which is why I said it could only be cool in HIS mind.

Where in the heck did you get the idea that the only thing I think is cool about skaven is their one-turners? Of course that's rubbish, we hates one-turners as they also violate the CoCCC!

Get your facts straight Mildred! Laughing

Viva La CoCCC!

P.S. I hate you to! Well, that is until you don't hate me anymore, lol! Laughing
lord_shambles

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2003 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampire Lords are very cool.
Standfirm vampire lords are even cooler
Taking them off the experimental vampire list...very uncool

If its not broken. Dont try to fix it

Hands Off the undead team BBRC
RC

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool post!

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Bombers are definatly cool for the the same reasons as WA (see 21). Plus on a really good day you get multiple kills on one bomb Very Happy

Edit: I've just looked at the date on this bad boy, that's some threadmancy. I reckon it was worth as second look though, as i laughed my ass off
Splatter

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What a cool list, thx for bumping it!
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The coolest player ever has to be...euuh.... A str1 halfling surviving 178 games? Wink

Either that or something else!

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

vorner wrote:
2)Bad dice rolls are funny. And the lower your luck rating tumbles the funner the game. This doesn't translate to your oppo. So laughing at him isn't that cool. Unless he concedes in which case try and get in as many (lol) as possible before he disconnects in a huff.

3)Concedes are very very uncool.

This must make me both cool and un-cool at the same time, for when I have a bad game, i laugh it off, i mean why get upset over a few computer generated graphics.
But on the other hand, I tend to loose a lot, which means I obvioulsy Conced a few TDs. So which am I, Cool, or un-cool???
Curro

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh... this thread is really good (cool?) Razz

Thanks RonnieColeman for reviving it. I´v allways thought I was the coolest coach in here, but clearly vorner was (is?) cooler than me!
 Jump to: