27 coaches online • Server time: 12:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Burius

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to search the forums but didn't come up with anything. I'm new to Fumbbl but I am familiar with the game rules (Cyanide.) Just played a game with my Norse team and two turns in a row I couldnt figure out how to hand off the ball.

I pressed ctrl H(found it in client help) but it didn't seem to do anything. my only option with the player was to end move and when I selected that he could no longer perform any action. I hadn't blitzed or passed with that player either turn, just a move action.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

select hand off before you move
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

After selecting hand-off action, move your player next to the receiving player, then click on the player you want to hand-off to.
Burius

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ha, thanks guys. I'm used to the Cyanide version where you can do it when ever.

Thanks again.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I see, cyanide handles that wrong. This client is a more accurate representation of the rules.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

cyanide is devil. Even ruined the game of thrones
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try asking your opponent? I'd hope he'd have helped you out in a situation like that.
Igvy

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Did you try asking your opponent? I'd hope he'd have helped you out in a situation like that.

+1
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Ah I see, cyanide handles that wrong. This client is a more accurate representation of the rules.

I prefer the inaccurate way. I can't get used to it,
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
It's true that fumbbl is more accurate on that but it is unneccessary because it is counterintuitive. I don't think it is common practise either to announce the desire to hand off first in a table top game or to generally announce what sort of action you wanna approach unless it is a blitz or somehow otherwise of relevance. In tabletop you can in fact take a miniature circle it over the board, put it down anywhere in range and then say "oops, didn't want to put it there" and then pick it up again and place it at an entirely different spot. Smile
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

@Wreckage: If you have thrown dice, our TT generally does not allow to roll-back those moves. That includes declaring wrong Action.

Gamewise you would gain an advantage, if you could start to move with the ball with a player and then decide to pass if you have to reroll a GFI and to handoff if not. A minor advantage, I admit, but advantage nonetheless.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Garion wrote:
It's true that fumbbl is more accurate on that but it is unneccessary because it is counterintuitive. I don't think it is common practise either to announce the desire to hand off first in a table top game or to generally announce what sort of action you wanna approach unless it is a blitz or somehow otherwise of relevance. In tabletop you can in fact take a miniature circle it over the board, put it down anywhere in range and then say "oops, didn't want to put it there" and then pick it up again and place it at an entirely different spot. Smile

We had it 'wrong' here for years. Even so, you shouldn't need to foul up a pass/hand off more than once or twice to fix the 'new' approach in your mind.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There is good reason why you MUST declare hand off or Pass before moving.

here is just one example -

ball is on the ground. You are going to use your Big Guy to pick it up then make a hand off to score in the last turn, but you fail bone head. If you don't declare hand off till later then it means you get another chance at this action with another player. The action needs to have been used up as you can only attempt them once a turn.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that it matters whether you can decide to hand-off or pass after needing a reroll or not on the way there. Same goes (more importantly) for the blitz action (used dodge on the way? Then blitz the cage with someone else), but I think Cyanide does it correctly there?
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2012 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I also come from Cyanides and didn't knew it was in the rules.
But as i have tested the game (i have played against myself) i was aware of the process.
Despite that i foul up a pass/hand off at least 4 times already so expect some trouble, esĂȘcially when it's hot Wink
And Cyanides got the blitz action right.
 Jump to: