77 coaches online • Server time: 20:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill?
Prehensile Tail
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Diving Tackle
36%
 36%  [ 14 ]
Dodge
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Side Step
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Horns
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other?
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 38

EmynMul

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I know clawpomb is good and all, but i dont really like it. I feel like its too dicey of a plan to roll with. So, with that being said, I have a question. My ST+ Cdorf Parker (team Half-Pint Passers) rolled 2+2 and I have NO idea what to give him. Diving tackle? Prehensile tail? Dodge?
SvenS

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Could try tents too I guess

SL
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have much experience with 'em, or much skill in general, but I'd be tempted by Dodge. Or Jump Up? & if you had more Guards, maybe Side Step. If there's obvious reasons these are stupid suggestions, please say so; I'll have the same choices to make with my team, which are also avoiding the CPOMB route.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i was thinking he was gonna go mighty blow break tackle, so dodge would probably be a good route for him. If anybody else on the team had agility skills i wouldnt even consider diving tackle, but if he goes diving tackle, break tackle, stand firm he'll eat people alive. but thats a long ways off.
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't over think this and take tents.

Though claw is still optimal.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tents pretty much sucks on ST5 so why bother with it at ST4. Diving tackle would be a better option for that.
ST4 blodge is good.

Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

if you dont like claw, then dodge or diving tackle, since its ranked I'd go for diving tackle. Bobs is right about Tents, it sucks.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Tents is pretty good on the s5 Beast, not really this guy. Diving Tackle could be good fun.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

its not even good on the beast, when a skill doesn't work far more often than it does, it sucks imo. I've lost count of how many stunties have escaped a sst5 tents player.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle is a good choice on dwarf types, however success does limit what your +st is gonna do next turn.
I would go with dodge to improve his survivability and for the times when you have to dodge a dwarf...

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle is a good choice on dwarf types, however success does limit what your +st is gonna do next turn.
I would go with dodge to improve his survivability and for the times when you have to dodge a dwarf...

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle + Stand Firm is awesome, I have it on a dwarf blocker (with Guard as well) and he's constantly causing my opponents headaches (and not only for elf and such). Of course he has acquired Dodge now as well, but the combination mentioned above was REALLY good. With +ST it's even more so, since he can easily hit his way free in case he's a bit out of position (he shouldn't be, but it happens from time to time).

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving tackle for fun. (dodge on next doubles). Stand firm, then guard on normals.
Dodge for boring but effective. (diving tackle on next doubles). Guard, then stand firm on normals.
Claw for cheesy minmax lameness.

Rabe wrote:
Diving Tackle + Stand Firm is awesome, I have it on a dwarf blocker (with Guard as well) and he's constantly causing my opponents headaches (and not only for elf and such). Of course he has acquired Dodge now as well, but the combination mentioned above was REALLY good. With +ST it's even more so, since he can easily hit his way free in case he's a bit out of position (he shouldn't be, but it happens from time to time).

That, and with +ST he's even harder to get rid of! I have a +ST guard CD blocker, and if he rolled doubles I'd give him diving tackle without looking back (even in the box).

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %06, %2012 - %11:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
SpacemanJames

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

claw
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2012 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldnt take DT if you've Prehensile Tail as an option: less effective, but works an all dodges without any need to go prone.

Anyway, play dwarf if you dislike claw! Very Happy
 Jump to: