38 coaches online • Server time: 10:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing a divX game and imagine my surprise when I saw that the Rotter had Regen and the Beast was 'missing' Tentacles and SF. Well, it sure screwed up my opponent's game plan, since he kept putting the Beast in the middle of a bunch of 'Zons only to watch them all dodge away (sorry about that!), so I can't complain too much until I checked my own Rotters. Ouch!

So, what's the deal?
- Rotters have FA and Regen and 2AG (only 4).
- Beast is 110k with +1 MA and less skills, still no physical traits ( Evil or Very Mad ).
- Is the 'make a kill with your beast and get a free rotter' rule in effect?
- No more Apothecaries for the team, either.
- Any refunds for changed costs to existing teams?
What's up?

{edit: Just got smart and checked the FAQ. Fixed my questions/notes based on that.}

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I was inspired to look at the FAQ about my vampire team, and lo and behold, it has also changed. I made out like a bandit, though. My only question is what does "coach" skill do?

Asperon Thorn
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 21:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

All these changes are due to the 2003 Annual. Rosters have changed. I will be making a post about it once we've finished the changes.

-- Christer
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there is good news and bad news for the vamps. For new vamp teams, you can no longer buy a vampire lord, as he has become the coach. You can freeboot him for individual games however, and he comes with block and dodge, but can gain no other spp or skills. The way that is working out here for now, is that those with a vamp lord just got a free block and dodge skill, but if you lose that lord you will not be able to buy a new one. The coach skill is so that if your coach gets ejected for arguing a call, that player is out.

The Finishing Touch
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So c'mon, guys! Let's get out there and kill off all those Grandfather-Claused VLords!

Heh. Sorry about that. Had to say it.

In fact, maybe the name of their position should be changed to Vampire Grandfather...

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

So he freeboots at 90k? That seems a bit high for one game. Who is going to get him? It seems you could drop his skill accesses so he would be 150k and freeboot for 75k, but that is still really high.

Asperon Thorn
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2003 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

90 K to freeboot a str 5 Wardancer (if you equate Leap = HGaze = way to get away from tacklers safely) seems about right to me.
120K for wardancer
+65K (ie: 6 TR) for 31 SPPs to get 2 +STs and a trait (Regen)
- 5K equate +2MA of WD with +2AV of Lord
-------
180K (Freeboot only vs. Usefulness of 3 impossibly good skill rolls)

Or how about 180K for a Chaos Warrior with +ST, +AG, +MV, Blodge, Regen and Gaze. If you equate Regen and Gaze to Physical Traits, that's 7 Skill rolls (4 doubles, if you count the +ST) and 3 stat increases or about
100k Base CW
+360K (or 36TR for 176 SPP) for skills/traits with silly good skill rolls again.
------

Still too expensive?

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2003 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes Yup.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2003 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

By that logic:

Witch Elves = 130k= WE Linelf (70k) + Jump up, Dodge, Frenzy (3 skills = 6 TR =60k)

Skaven Throwers = 80k = Skaven Linerat + Pass, surehands (2 skills = 3tr = 30k and do we have price for skill access?)

Human Thrower = Same as skaven Thrower

Pheonix Warriors (80k) vs. Dark Elf Throwers (90k) - Don't even get me started

The price of positions can't be weighed on SPP's and skills, but value to the team. A Vampire Lord is something that manages to keep the team on its feet at the worst of times, and having it freeboot at roughly the cost of 2 or 3 games of work, is a little much. And at Higher TR's when you don't need the money as badly, it can be up to 5 or 6 games of work.

Asperon Thorn
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2003 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Im NOT impressed with having to lose my 6ST Vampire Loard. WTF?? Who thunk of riding bloodbowl of the One-Man Show Vamp Lord??

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2003 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

And that is, I imagine, the exact reason he was removed in the annual. There shouldn't *be* one do it all, one man team player.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: