64 coaches online • Server time: 23:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which will fall first?
Completions
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
TDs
28%
 28%  [ 22 ]
CAS
33%
 33%  [ 26 ]
INT
18%
 18%  [ 14 ]
MVP
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Forum Posts
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 77

Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I love the top ten lists, and sorting them down to enough specifics that my guys display on them. I'm wondering if a combination of new niggle rules and new positions/rosters will mean that some of the all-time records get threatened in ways they haven't been.

Will a Fanatic, or UlfWerner shoot up the CAS chart?

Dark Elf runner approach the Passing record?

Leaping Slann get more TDs than we've seen?

Which of the main categories will fall first? Vote in the poll, post which player type you think will do it!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I bet a gutter runner will top the TDs list first.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ark, is that based on mutation availability, or.....?

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the new apothecaries will do there best to hinder anyone with there eyes on the top 10 lists.

Maybe most fouls will go easily, with no eye on you, sneaky git and readily available bribes.

The only thing that looks like it has a real percentage advantage is interception, as Slann have a player who can intercept on a 4+ from starting. Obviously the lack of implementation of pass block will initially hinder this. Once it is implemented 4+ interceptions with pass block and catch against a temp that is so difficult to attack against and can easily apply pressure, forcing you to make passes could lead to a record interceptor.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Mac,

It's based on their 9 movement, access to mutations and agility skills.

the ultimate OTS machine

Personally, I think the top tens should be reset when lrb6 comes to ranked. different rules should have a new list. archive the lrb4 stuff.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm the only vote for completions, so far, based on my DE runner who is over 1 per game after 3 games. Now that he has nerves of steel to go with his dump off, and a team full of AG 4 players to throw to, I have high hopes.

I would think that a goblin Fanatic, would get CAS rapidly, after my planned first two skills of grab and Mighty Blow (barring doubles, of course)

UW goblin might be a candidate for scoring, as well. If Lupone had had mutation access.......

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Well, I'm the only vote for completions, so far, based on my DE runner who is over 1 per game after 3 games. Now that he has nerves of steel to go with his dump off, and a team full of AG 4 players to throw to, I have high hopes.

I would think that a goblin Fanatic, would get CAS rapidly, after my planned first two skills of grab and Mighty Blow (barring doubles, of course)

UW goblin might be a candidate for scoring, as well. If Lupone had had mutation access.......

Mac you lovable runt! How is that DE team doing anyway? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Personally, I think the top tens should be reset when lrb6 comes to ranked. different rules should have a new list. archive the lrb4 stuff.

I agree totally.

And I like the dark elf runner for the completion record if he lives long enough.
In beta was getting a couple comps a game just with the dump-off
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just so much fun to leave him just barely blitzable, and when your opponent succeeds in spring the guy to do it, you just toss it off to someone in the clear!

Notice a lot of votes for CAS without explanation. Is this thoughtline about a player, or new skills?

Last edited by Macavity on %b %25, %2011 - %23:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
It's just so much fun to leave him just barely blitzable, and when your opponent succeeds in spring the guy to do it, you just toss it off to someone in the clear!

Notice a lot of votes for CAS without explanation. Is this thoughline about a player, or new skills?

You know what's even more fun. Keeping the ball safe to begin with and not risking the fumble, failed catch or interception. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect that the new Might Blow/Pilling On/Claw combo will result in some players with really high body counts, and then they get Tackle and Tentacles and people will cry in terror.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone has access to MB&PO, and a lot of easy access to Claw MB PO.
There will be tons more cas in FFB.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying it's something to aim to do, but when you get that chance to send him upfield, with just one guy covering his back, and the blitz would take a dodge and a couple GFI, it's hilarious to have your opponent succeed at all that for no real result!

(btw, do you have some kind of strange vested interest in my DE team????)

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I just saw that PaulHicks´ / TheSpoonyBard´s fouling record may fall - a skeleton by Nazcul´s Angry Newscasters may take the lead.... ANd playing those guys is not healthy at all....
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:

You believe a (Av 7?) player who you openly allow to get blocked in order to use his skills will survive long enough to break the passing record?