51 coaches online • Server time: 17:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaBidDabid

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm about to start a rotters team. I know the normal train of thought about turn 8 fouling and I agree. But my new rotters team starts with only 1 rotter and if a turn 8 foul gives me a chance to add one to my team I think I'd take it. Thoughts about this?
poi66

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

...not sure you gain a rotter on a foul kill...
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually you will gain a rotter on a foul kill

It is a questionable tactic I mean the chance of killing a player is quite slim.

However after saying that it is your choice what you choose to do
H-Hund

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's weak to foul in turn 8, and I hate guys who do it!
You can break the armor, but then you need a 10+, 6+ to make that kill... I would not do it, but it's up to you in the end.

//H-Hund
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... since it is benificial, which ordinary turn 16 fouls aren't, I would say go for it. If you did it on me I wouldn't cry
poi66

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
Actually you will gain a rotter on a foul kill

ok, so you would gain a rotter... but you also would made it on my "do not play list" immediatley Wink
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

thats sad, I wouldn't put you on my do not play list for getting a turn 8 td that had no impact on the game. You only do it to gain SPP. I wouldn't put you on my DNP list for doing a turn 8 block, or a turn 8 blitz, they are only there to gain spp and hurt my players. This guy has a chance to gain a 110k player with his move. I don't the see the problem
Sinner

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I know where this is going. the difference is as BloodRunners said, if you gain something, may it be SPP or a Zombie or a Rotter (if you desperatly need a Zombie) it is something worth to try. I might be not extremely fond of this tactic, but it IS IN THE BOOK to foul whenever you want. In the long run this successful foul could proove very tactical (money saving and stuff).

But another question. Doesn't the Beast has do the foul to use infect?? That was my understanding at least.

<edit> Oops just read the topic... nevermind. </edit>

Last edited by Sinner on %b %19, %2004 - %09:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Lorion

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, a foul or anything that is benifcial and not pure evil is fine with me, although it will be the first time i have seen a BIg-Guy foul.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So even if I hate to admit this: Even EMU players or likewise player killer leagues (dwarf dismemberment??!!) that gain points for cas caused do have the right to foul last turn, cause they might gain an advantage not in game, but in their league.

Oh, would be nice if the team's page would show the groups they are playing in, cause you can't look through all of the groups to see whether you will receive a 8th turn foul or not... just a thought Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah. Turn 8 fouls are allowed. Live with them. Bitch about them if you like to, but live with them. To much sissy coaches arround lately. Those players of your teams are only bits and bytes. You shouldn't care less. Its a game. Bitch and whine in game. Absolutly understandable. But you should be able to get over this after game. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally don't foul on turn 8 because i know it gets so many peoples panties in a bunch, but i really don't care if i get fouled on turn 8 or not. It's just a game, i don't cry if someone takes my pawn in chess and i don't give a rats ass if you kill one of my players in bb. Worst thing that can happen is i get a little chuckle out of the unfortunate little guys death, no biggie. Players in bb, much like people in real life but thats another story, have to die. Everything that has ever lived is dieing and technically your pixels aren't even alive so there deaths are even less meaningfull. Just learn to take it all with a crooked grin and a slightly maniacal laugh, you'll enjoy the game more and thats the spirit of the game after all. To all my future oponents; if i happen to beat your ass pretty badly and a turn 8 second half foul would make you feel a little better about it, by all means indulge yourselves. Thats my 2 cents, not that anyone asked. Cool

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering it is only a SI or death that really annoys people when they are fouled on T8, then 33% of the time that your T8 fouls result in permanent damage to the other team, you get your Rotter. This is quite high, so go for it. Foul foul foul!

Oscar Wilde
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like getting fouled on turn 16, but I don't like having great players RIP from a block either - it is all part of playing Blood Bowl, and luck of the dice. I cringe, curse my apothecary for rolling a 1, brush it off and replace him next game, it's not a big deal really.

However, my personal objection to turn 16 fouling is rather limited - in your case, obviously you stand to gain a lot if the dice go your way, so it is understandable, heck in this case I'd be rooting for the death so you could get your free rotter. In the case of 'team killer' teams that foul every other turn, or every turn even, it is also understandable IMHO - that's the way those teams play, and it is after all (as they always point out) perfectly legal and within the rules.

The one case where turn 16 fouling will get you on my DNP list is when it has been a nice friendly game, maybe with some important tactical fouls even, but which you lost, so you decide to foul my best player on turn 16 to 'get even.' IMHO, this is absolutely no different than typing "F**k you very much for playing," and is a convenient way to get around the no profanity rules on FUMBBL (as if this rule is ever followed in game anyway). Sure, it is legal and whatnot, but since there is no further tactical gain besides the satisfaction of possibly crippling someone who beat you fair and square, it is really just meant as a slap in the face. It is listed on the Fumbbl rules page as being legal but bad manners, people who do this are perfectly aware they are just doing it to be rude. Winning the game is legal too, and I'll bet you wouldn't want to play again with someone who was a rude winner (except maybe to foul them on turn 16 next game Twisted Evil ).

Basically I see it as a sign of immaturity and desperation to get the last word in, and that alone will keep me from wanting to play that coach again (as in: not even so much the foul or injury that bothers me as the poor attitude of the coach behind it) - I'd rather play coaches with mentality and civility beyond that of a five year old (and just so there is no misunderstanding with all you bashy coaches out there - I am one of you when I play with my bashy teams, and I don't see fouling as wrong - I just see it as nothing more than whining about losing the game in this one instance, and I don't like to 'listen' to that sort of whining any more than you like to listen to people whining about getting fouled)

Think of it this way - would you want to play basketball with the spoil-sport who 'takes his ball and goes home' when he loses? Nothing illegal about that either, is there? I'd rather play again with the guy who loses, brushes it off, and tries again to beat me at my own game...

*whew* nice to get all that off my chest. Sorry about the rant, but I live in South Florida and after yesterday, the human race is on pretty thin ice with me today Smile
Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain

Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 04:31 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bah. Turn 8 fouls are allowed. Live with them. Bitch about them if you like to, but live with them. To much sissy coaches arround lately. Those players of your teams are only bits and bytes. You shouldn't care less. Its a game. Bitch and whine in game. Absolutly understandable. But you should be able to get over this after game.

I totally agree with chickenbrain. I have a rotter team. I have fouled in turn 8 and 16 with my beast. It is part of the game. Live with it, or just quit. This is bloodbowl, not figure skating!
 Jump to: