53 coaches online • Server time: 16:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be interested?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 28

Benefit

Post 18 Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Would there be interest in this?

EMU killers is open to all teams in Open and DivX (though not to coaches of EMU-teams).

All teams of EMU-participators are fair prey - Note that this means all the said coach's teams, not just the EMU-teams.

Points will be awarded for Casualties Inflicted (1pt for bh, 2pts for SI, 3pts for RIP, also if an SI isn't apothed and is worse than a miss-next-game extra 3 pts and for a kill that is not apothed extra 5 pts), Wins (1pt), and Slam Dunks (7 or more cas in one game 10pts + the usual cas points)

Teams will lose 10pts for games in which they fail to score a casualty.

Finally, no personal attacks are to be levelled between coaches in the thread, chat room and PMs (Remember EMU killer critics - this is a two way street). So if you do have something to say, keep in character and be reasonably respectful.

Disclaimer: I haven't got an elf team and an EMU-member has never crippled one of my own. This is not petty revenge.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm
why cant i join? i happily play both for, and against the emu, evil traitorous being that i am. I have an anti emu delf team, and a emu skaven team. if i am not allowed in your league then i will continue the crusade alone... as i am allready doing. Not one brave elf coach around. NOT 1! youre all way too attached to your precious players....

All you elfbowlers disgust me....
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The points should just be for damage to EMU teams not all of a coaches teams but apart from that its a good idea
Benefit

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:
Hmmm
why cant i join? i happily play both for, and against the emu, evil traitorous being that i am. I have an anti emu delf team, and a emu skaven team. if i am not allowed in your league then i will continue the crusade alone... as i am allready doing. Not one brave elf coach around. NOT 1! youre all way too attached to your precious players....

All you elfbowlers disgust me....

Yeah, you're actually right. All non-EMU-teams should be allowed.

Michael_Warblade wrote:
The points should just be for damage to EMU teams not all of a coaches teams but apart from that its a good idea

Why?
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=65959

My delf team... so far ive only been able to play one EMU coach... only gave him 3 measly points......

all other emu members either dodged me, or werent within my reach.
Enygma

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been doing it by myself for a while now

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=47426

but I wouldn't join as-is, so I vote no

I'd join an elf-only group that scored points only against emu teams (not the other teams of emu coaches)
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Enygma join the EMU hunters

Started by Thrall points are only scored against EMU teams
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=852

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Or don't join them, Enygma.

Check your PM.

-A figure in the Shadows
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Emu Hunters is a scam. No elf in that league ever plays an emu coach, claiming we are " Too Bashy" well Friggin hell its emu, what the hell did you expect?

So therefor i have decided to stay away from the "Emu" hunters... they should be called we run from Emu.

I fight emu members with my delfs and am proud of it. Now wheres that bootpolish, my boots are all bloody!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey look, the 3rd anti EMU league and yet EMU is still alive and kicking elf ass on a daily basis...

I wonder who will win this war?

Just give up, resistence is futile.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Try not to speak to much rubbish Dread, but why should Elves play teams SPECIFICALLY made to cause damage?

I have played a few EMU coaches with my welves as has Korkrest, but what you dont seem to realise is that its not a good game when one side is just going for CAS, is generally an easy win, never that fun. Other than this your sides arent very high, only Danmark was the one i considered or Zsarts who i gladly play.

Other than this you have to realise that being fouled to pieces etc isnt what all people like and EMU just seems to have awoken this in people. I like the idea of EMU as a place to join vs Elves (one of the most hated bbowl races) but i dont think it should have "gone" so far as to ruin games and teams.

Just my tuppence, but Dread EMU hunters arent designed JUST to play Emu sides, they are just rewarded for doing so.

Bp, EMU does gain alot of coaches, some coaches just to get an "excuse" to foul and kill but personally i like the whole EMU thing, i have several teams in it myself.

Because of what i think and have described EMU hunters as I reckon there is space for EMU killers, but is a little tacky. Sorry mate, id be more than happy to have it but wouldnt join it.

(little edit at the end:)

Flings Rule!
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmm.... still dont see a lot in the emu-hunters... i have yet to see certain coaches "claiming" to be an emuhunter actually fight an emu member. My skaven are built for the kill. My delfs are too... i expect nothing less from emu and anti emu... yet i see no brave coaches in the chat asking for emu members... i do however see multiple coaches in the emu chat either trying, or getting EMU matches....

Am i simply mistaking? Is my judgement wrong?

It is never a onesided match if you foul back... just bring along a few dirty players! but you frolicking elves all want skills like dodge.... well expect to get fouled then! if you cant beat em... BOOT EM!

im sorry if i offended people... but clem be honest... You refuse to fight my skaven... and you are the only one i might consider getting a match vs an emu member *dont know korkrest too well*

I might just be hallucinating, i might be silly... but when you call yourselves emu hunters... shouldnt you be hunting emu? and not fellow elves? (or some nice fluffy team with no dps, no claws no mightyblow, and preferable no str 4 players.....)

Rant over,

Dreadclaw

*now where are my boots.... i know i left em somewhere! aaaah there it is, still lodged in that orcskull....*
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey. I doubt that i play first for the cas. And still i am member of EMU. Wink But all my teams try to win first. Cas is just on aspect. Wink Even though i like the sound of a RIPed Wardancer. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah im with chickenbrain not all EMU teams are in it for the cas sure i cause a lot of cas with my wolfs but thats what wolfs do (we also try to win the match as there is a 10 point difference between winning and losing)
Clementus

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye but look at the boasting etc, VERY rarely about the score Razz.
But yeah i do generally avoid a side with more than one DP, well depending on their other skills.

If I wanna play them id rather use a race that wasnt so damn expensive or puny. But tbh I have more fun playing non elven races with my welves, Chaos who arent overly mutated, Orcs, Undead etc are far more fun.

And I am more than glad that people just use EMU as a way of gaining fun out of matches as Chick explained but i see too many using it as an "excuse". I've seen several Turn 8 Fouls recently just to get a CAS or points, only for EMU.

EMU GOOD: PEOPLE BAD

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: