24 coaches online • Server time: 07:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be interested?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 28

Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah. Even though i do turn 8 fouls from time to time. Nothing wrong with that. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

From time to time being the appropriate phrase Razz

Anyways lets leave this post be, sorry Benefit for "raiding" it

Flings Rule!
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

i bash the elves true, i have 2 dps, also true. But i also go for the win....

and i never foul turn 8, i think thats evil and generally unpleasant... on the other turns however i have no moral objectons whatso-ever

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

A messenger arrives at the EMU Headquaters, exhausted, his clothes torn to pieces. "The Dark Elves are rising up, a group long lain dorment has come active again - they were around back in the days of the old EMU, but have become quiet since - the group has never ceased to exist though, hiding, and watching us closely. They have gained new strength and have been recruiting lately. Rumors say they plan to target both EMU and the EMU Hunters - we have to prepare ourselgaarrghl". The messenger falls over, a poisoned arrow in his back. His hand is clutching a brooch:

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ROFL.. I like the marketing.. someone give that kid a job at EMU headquarters...

BTW, do EMU killers get double points for playing one of my teams? Since this is all my fault and everything...

Face it.. Elfs are just meat for the beast!

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

(I cannot help it, I am always a bit late...)

I read this thread with interest though I don't play my Woodelves anymore. But one sentence in Dreadclaw's rant caught my eye:
DreadClaw wrote:
My skaven are built for the kill.

IIRC you recently wanted me to play my WElves against your Skaven. When I told you that I just kept them perhaps for tournaments, you begged me to play them: "You would do me favour ...". Not wanting to turn you down, I instead offered you my same strength Dwarf team: 12 players, 10 of them being longbeards, no dwarf had Mighty Blow or similar skills and they were still weaker than your Skaven. But then you suddenly were like "Oh no, they would kill me, I can't play them, etc."

I don't play like a team destroyer myself and I don't play against them, but for somebody who poses as a mean, bad, evil team destroyer you don't seem to be very tough when it comes to your own teams Cool
With your rant in this thread on the one side and this wimpy behaviour on the other side, perhaps you should rephrase your sentence as:

"My skaven are built for the fear of being killed" ? Very Happy

ciao
mUst

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I rarely foul turn 8 but sometimes i do, well, not me the goblings, i cant controll every move they do.

I play for Emu with my goblings, and yes i play to win, and yes i foul a hell of alot, but its all a means to win... esspecilly with goblings. we be dirty green and ugly and we love it

But i agree with Clementus, and have already badmouthed one player from emu.
Dont wanna say who it was but he didnt even try getting a td, and had a very good chance at it. That made me almost puke. I would NEVER give up a td for a "chance" at a casualty, and points are awarded mostly for wins anyways. gernerally i get about 10-15 points for a win, thereoff 5 are for the win and 2-3 are for td... much more points in winning then "chance" it at casualtys
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't play EMU matches w/ my elves, so take these comments with a grain of salt. I think by limiting this to coaches who do not have EMU teams you are going to take away a huge portion of your potential group member base. I personally don't like EMU because, while I respect tactical (to score/defend a TD) and strategic (to take players out of the game) fouling. I even consider crowd pushing an occupational hazard (you mess with the bull you get the horns so to speak). However, I think EMU clearly shifts to focus from winning to killing.

Not my thing, but I can respect people for whom it is--that's what an open league is all about. This is a long-winded way of saying, these same people who want to kill elves will probably like killing teams that kill elves. Let 'em use their non-EMU teams.

Isn't there a group for this already?
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Methinks many of you take your pixilated little characters a bit too seriously.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:

I dunno there BunnyPuncher, they may have a point, I recently heard INTERPOL has begun to develop a new internet policing organization to deal with the growing threat of Iconocide! All this virutal murder will no longer go unpunished by the authorities!

Possible penalties include a $250,000 fine, 5 years mandatory jail time, and (most commonly - in fact, the only 'sentance' handed out as yet) the judge rolling their eyes and slowly shaking their head at the prosecution...

Wink
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

/me murders CorporateSlave's Avatar (what is that a milk box?)

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
(what is that a milk box?)

!!!

They are Milk & Cheese - Dairy Products Gone Bad! You really should check them out, as founder of EMU I think they would be right up your alley...
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:

You're saying I take this too seriously? Have you looked at my Avatar?
Zsarts

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

My Rats won EMU last season and tbh I think they made 2 or 3 casualties from fouling - in all the games they played. They won cause they scored a lot and sometimes had fairly good luck making casualties. They didn't have a single claw, RSC nor DP'er - reason - they wanted to play elf teams and get lots of games. Most elves don't mind playing a couple of MB'ers, when the other team was mostly av7. It's all about having a balanced team, and not just one killing machine, who anyways ends sucking up all the spp Wink

As coach I saw it as a competition in playing other races vs. elves and win! Their TD avg. was close to the same as their cas avg.

Regards

Zsarts
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

banana_fish900 wrote:

You're saying I take this too seriously? Have you looked at my Avatar?

Yes.. and I still dont understand it