34 coaches online • Server time: 11:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CW

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
CW wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Ok, can I do a League history / expose on OBBA? I'll actually do it this time, promise!

Would love to see the final roster of the Amorous Goats.

Um. ok.

I think I may have misunderstood. You were talking about OBBA, and I got that confused with the OBBL. That is what it was called right? The old site that was a precursor to Fumbbl many years ago.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No idea what heresy you are talkin aboot.

Re: League Roundtable, too many cooks spoil Teh Broth, so let's be select. Otherwise it will be chaos.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
BB7's, though (while I won't argue against their inclusion) is only as large because coaches may have unlimited teams. That league also hasn't had a tourney since March. And hasn't had one with more than 4 teams since January of 2010. I'd love them to be a part of the round table to let us know what has stalled them out. A good number of leagues with HUGE numbers of teams aren't exactly "active".

Objection! The CRP Kick-Off tournament in 2011 (actively) featured 117 teams! I doubt that can be beaten easily. ;-D And the BB7s Christmas Classic had 31 coaches participating. Just saying. Had to. Wink

I freely admit activity went down to almost zero during the summer (party due to me being inactive) and right now we are indeed waiting for the changes becoming available - or at least the majority of the coaches does so. Being part of that round table would be an honor, though I have very limited free time these days. Put me on your list (if there is one) and let me know when it should happen and how long it will take - in case you're interested having me there. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2012 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really care which league is the biggest - or more important: longest lasting - as long as the important leagues are present in form of founder or actual manager.

Being in two local leagues( 1 TT, 1 BOTOCS), having founded and managed the online one, and seeing the problems and struggles we have there, I would just love to read what other managers on how they do it-
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2014 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Would like to see another article on Defensive Setups! (the Chain push for a 1 turner article is still gold!) I think there are 3 types of offensive drives. #1 (Focused) Player elimination, #2 Cage ball, #3 zone penetration + handoff/pass or run. (and sometimes #4, combination of all 3, which Vamps can do.)

Something like, (if you were playing Chaos dwarfs, on T1) and you do not want your 3 skaven gutters to get Clawpombed in the opening turn, A set up to prevent it would be something like this:

x
x
x

__ x x
__ GG
__x G
__ x x
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2014 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

How about an article on coaching the Forlorn Races? Maybe interviews with coaches who have come close to Major glory, tips on team building etc.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2014 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
Garion wrote:
Roseph wrote:
Garion wrote:
How about a bloodbowl novella a chapter each issue?
Sure.... you offering?

Sadly not I don't have time for something quite so demanding atm, just throwing an idea out there. Smile

I might just take that one myself, if I can get out of my lazy chair.

If not, I nominate maysrill for that one. =)
Roseph

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

One big nudge and bump start sending articles and submissions asap
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably not for this issue, but having toplists or rankings like in most sport magazines would be great (matches of the year, top 10 teams of the year, etc). Something like what Painstate did with the majors' finals.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely we need a story about that crazy box vampire debog?

Oscar Wilde
Throweck

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a tutorial on how to use graphic programmes such as GIMP to do logos and such? A nice easy step by step guide. Might encourage more people to make the site an even more beautiful place to be. Happy to do it if people would want it.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
How about a tutorial on how to use graphic programmes such as GIMP to do logos and such? A nice easy step by step guide. Might encourage more people to make the site an even more beautiful place to be. Happy to do it if people would want it.

This!

x1 trillion.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Throweck wrote:

This!

x1 trillion.

Awesome idea any graphics monkeys out there willing to tackle this?
Throweck

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I can do a beginners version, with pleasure.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2014 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I can do a photo shop one as well if I get time.