39 coaches online • Server time: 14:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

several coaches have requested the return of something akin to the luck-o-meter in the old JavaBBowl client. I personally hated that thing so it won't return. Period.

What I would like to do however, is provide a bit more statistical data about what happened in gameplay. Counting the number of rolled 1s and 6s doesn't help any, though because a 1 rolled as part of an armor roll is very different from a 1 rolled on a critical dodge or a 1 (skull) rolled together with a 6 (pow) on a 2 dice block. So that does not help.

I could imagine for instance counting the number of armor rolls you forced on your opponent and how many of those succeeded. How many dodge rolls did you make and how many of those were succesful? How many GFIs? How many re-rolls did you use (and how many of them were successful)?

This is a call for ideas and I'll pick and choose from anything sensible you can come up with.
So give it your best try Smile

Thanks for your help!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested in seeing the number of each rolls (single dice), Dodges, Leaps, GFI's, 1D Blocks.

And then another stat seeing the number of each rolls (2 dice), 2D Blocks, Armour, Injury roll.

You could either end up with a table of

1D

1 x 4
2 x 5
3 x 7
4 x 2
5 x 4
6 x 3

2D

1 x 7
2 x 8
3 x 5
4 x 11
5 x 10
6 x 4

or

2D

2 x 2 (Double skull)
3 x 3
4 x 5
5 x 2
6 x 7
7 x 9
8 x 7
9 x 5
10 x 3
11 x 3
12 x 1

Although, the second example would probably be overkill.

It's just interesting to see how many 1's 2's etc were rolled, but the significance of the roll changes quite dramatically between a 1D attempt and a 2D attempt.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Show number of KOs.

Maybe something like average number of players on the field for the combined game so if you lose a lot of players early it will be a lower number than if you lose a lot of players in the late game.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Fightingmongoose

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see a block result split. Like Knockdowns/Pushes/Attacker Down.

This may seem a little out there, but maybe an actions per turn stat. It would signify when your failures hit. If your first action snakes it is often much more painful then if your last action does. It would also show who had the big man advantage.It might also help newer players realize the advantage of doing their no dice roll moves first.

I don't know if either of these are useful in a game sense, but they could show a bit more about how the game progressed than just the standard, who threw more blocks, who scored more tds.
uuni

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to know how much a player was fouled or blocked against.

Painstate stated in other thread that he's interested in the number of turnovers for each team, which I find also interesting.

One thing that could be also shown would be how many Actions was declared for each player. That combined with the current stat of how many turns each player was on field, would show which ones are doorstops and which active.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to know which cas were caused by blocks/blitzes, which cas were caused by fouls, by surfs and failed dodges, so we could pull reports on that.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

More stats always welcome, I would say. But an interesting feature I would love to see is: combination of skill vs the result.

Tackle vs Dodge
No Tackle vs Dodge
Tackle,Block vs Dodge
Tackle,Block vs Dodge, Block
No Tackle,Block vs Dodge,Block

In combination with result of -3d, -2, -1, 1d, 2d and 3d maybe.

I typically find coaches saying they are unlucky since they dont do as much cas as me and then find that the coach has no problem of smacking my Blodge guy down with no tackle.
Also the amount of 1d vs 2d is another good argument to luck. The other coach complain about the amount of luck you have and his unluck. Well if I have a large amount of 2d vs his 1d, then it is clear that I should have a better result of rolls compared to his.

Also I would like success of gfi on blitz and gfi when within the reach of the endzone for a touch down (could be extended to holding the ball in enemy half zone of the board and making gfi towards the end zone).
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sending offs.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw on a match report today something about turnovers. That's pretty important. For instance if you see a 1-1 draw, it may look pretty even. However if one side caused 4 turnovers and the other 0, it would most likely give a clearer picture of the match.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really harvestmouse, a turnover on itself doesn't say any thing. It could be a loner dodge at the end of turn or something meaningless.

I like more statistics... but we should stick to statistics that explain them self and are easy to understand. For example a statistic telling how many 2+ dodges you succeeded works, but a statistic telling you succeeded a certain amount of your total dodges doesn't.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

any stats that do not include "halflings dead from failed TTM" are useless...

i will accept nothing less than this...

--j

ImageImage
Barre

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Show number of KOs.

Maybe something like average number of players on the field for the combined game so if you lose a lot of players early it will be a lower number than if you lose a lot of players in the late game.

This can be determined already, sum the turns for all players then divide by 16 (or game turns for OT)

Although I do like KO results being shown, it has a big impact on the game and goes unrecorded.

KO's
KO'd
Stuns
Stunned
Leaps
Leaps landed
Blocked (opp blocked this player)
Dodges
TTM yards (Thrower)
Thrown count (TTM projectile player)
Landed count (TTM projectile player)
Bombs thrown
Bomb yards
Boneheaded
Wild Animal Fail (attacking)
Wild Animal Fail (passive)
Really Stupid Fail (unassisted)
Really Stupid Fail (assisted)
Bloodlust Fail

Team Turnovers
Turn Time (per coach for the game)
Timeouts

There's probably more, but you can never have enough stats, I think people are fascinated by many aspects of play, so the more you can build on that the higher the enjoyment will be.

Eg. I must have the most concussed team in the league... My Big Guy guy is so stupid... My poor thralls... DC is so slow, look at his turn times.... etc etc

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Also I have suggested that FF before the match would be shown, like the TV before match is shown. That way one could detect how big is the effect related to FF (as was discussed elsewhere).
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
any stats that do not include "halflings dead from failed TTM" are useless...

i will accept nothing less than this...

--j

Goblins eaten by trolls? Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2012 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If you check out this match report it shows how I used to do stats for the Buccaneers.

Some ideas for thought.

Buccaneers Stat sheet