55 coaches online • Server time: 20:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DJ_Soundwave

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

it maight be a good idea to stop the going prone on piling on, for the simple fact that as it is now, that nobody would use it, as your important player goes prone, vulnerable for fouling, which is also not fair to the people that chose the skill before it was changed, and this way the skill would be used once again
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mate people always fell down when they used piling on even before the rules review and yes they were fouling targets then too its one of the penaltys of having the skill.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides, you got a lot of spps out of that skill before it was changed. So it has had its uses already on players that took it before the change.
Piling on still is a decent skill, but it doesn't make sense to have it on more than one or two players per team anymore. I like that.

-Mnemon
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling on it actually worth something to players less than STR5. The skill is fine the way it is.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotling with PO... hhehe!

Z
Postie

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think piling one has become one of the more useless skills now in bb. It actually is a good idea to net let the player drop down cause this is gving a big dis advantage. And the argument that players who had pilling on already got enoguh spp from, sorry that is crap. Their are still new teams you know ^^

Now the problem is with pilling on, every skill that you choose makes your player better in some sort of way, without a disadvantage. Pilling on now you have a mayor disadvantage and you get a moderate advantage for it in return. Not really balanced

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The "players got enough spp already" was aimed at DJ_Soundwave's notion that it was "unfair" to players that had chosen the skill before the change.

There are a lot of skills that are of different levles of usefullness in Bloodbowl. Everyone will agree that block is a no brainer. Everyone will agree that very few players need Hail Mary Pass or Diving Catch. Pilling on is somewhere in between those, which is perfectly all right.

The old PO was a no brainer for quite a number of players which was wrong.

-Mnemon
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling on used to be way to good, now it's useless. I prefer a subpar skill be floating around than an obviously broken one but it would be better if it was more balanced. Maybe if you only went prone if you broke armor with the reroll it would be ok. This way it is only nerfed once instead of twice. I don't think anyone would really think it is overpowered like this and it would be a little bit better.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Maybe if you only went prone if you broke armor with the reroll it would be ok

I think that is what they intended, but it didn't come out that way. Personally i think that would be a good topic on TBB.
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

People if you fall on top of someone and you don't crush them, you can't just jump back up.

Mastermind

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Rubbish. All piling on is now is a reroll for armour rolls. It is a fine choice for any player who will be doing a lot of blockinhg, and still works fine with claw, MB, RSC etc.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno if piling on is all that useless... I have an orc blitzer with PO who has 7 cas in 7 games... 4 in one game.. An armour reroll vs low av opponents is still very nice.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally would think that the chance to reroll the 6+ you need to cripple his wardancer with your Claw/RSC chaos warrior is a pretty good exchange for maybe getting your AV 9-self fouled by one of the two other elves left on the pitch. Wait, what am I talking about elves don't play chaos on FUMBBL... Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh... Corp makes a point.

Normally, I don't get around to the point where I feel PO is necessary for my strategy... but wait for the Block zombie that gets PO, just you wait...

Z
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the diff now is you choose PO AFTER you already have MB or claw to get more of an effect.

PO but itself is kind of useless

Jump to: