38 coaches online • Server time: 12:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings FUMBBLers,
you may have heard of the NTBB house rules for BB. In short, NTBB attempts to make more teams and tactics viable by adjusting some BB rosters, and weakening CPOMB (while improving fouling slightly)

If you'd like to give these rules a go, then please accept my invitation to join the NTBBL. The NTBBL is a play by email challenge league, and is open to all coaches.
The pre-season started december 1st, and the first regular season will start january 1st.

The NTBBL is located here:
http://midgardbb.com/NTBBL/
and the forum is here:
http://www.midgardbb.com/NTBBL/forum/index.php
In order to join the league simply register on the forum, then pop me an email (plasmoid at hotmail dot com).

Everything you need in order to play can be downloaded here (15MB):
http://www.midgardbb.com/PBeMTool/NTBBL.zip
You can finde the 2013 update (included in the above mentioned download) here:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/NTBB2013.pdf

A word on play by email BB: Play by email BB is slow. For some this will be a grave sin, for others a virtue. Playing a turn takes a few minutes, then you email it to your opponent, and he takes his turn in less than 24 hours. In other words, you don't play a game in one sitting, but commit to a turn (with each team that you have) every weekday. For those of you with a steady job or pesky kids, 5 minute turns may be a heck of a lot easier to do than a full evening of gaming.

Feel free to ask me any question you have concerning the NTBBL.
I hope to be playing you soon
Cheers
Martin
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, that's some nice work you've done there! Where can I find the exact adjustments you've made to the official rules? Just curious.

Also, I wonder how you handle all the decisions the opposing coach may need to make during your turn, like skill use (side step, wrestle, stand firm, pass block etc.), choosing block dice on a -2d, using an apo, choosing a player for an interception etc.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Verminardo,
check this out:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/NTBB2013.pdf

First page (AFAIK) lists the 8 rules changes.
Next come the rosters: Blue edges = no changes, Green edge = buffed, red edge = nerfed. All specific changes on the rosters are in red letters.

As for play by email - opponents choices are usually handled by gentlemans agreement. In case of serious doubt, you'll have to send an extra email. But most of the time it's fairly straightforward. Oh - the program has a sidestep routine built in, where it tries to pick the best square for sidesteps (which can be manually overridden, naturally)

Cheers
Martin
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I right in thinking the client only works on Windows?

I signed up on your forum a month or so back but didn't realise I had to email you as well... but if it won't run on a Mac then I wouldn't be able to play a turn-a-day anyways Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Invitation: Play by fumbbl. Give it a go sometimes, Martin. =)

btw: I like the sneaky git on secret weapons rule, but can't stand the idea of it stacking with bloodweiser babes.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont think this would work on FUMBBL, the_Sage. Looking at the buffs and nerfs on the teams, this is focused on leagues and teams with limited lifespan.

I like the PO and C fix tho.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I just meant that Martin should play here sometimes, not that the NTBB should be implemented here per se.

I like the C fix, and the PO one is ok. It doesn't quite address the lethality of the killstack because beating armor with claw, without having to use MB, is when injury PO is at its best.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand the Decay for -AV in tomb guardians. Decay doesn't have any in-game effect, while it is a massive team development setback. On the other hand, -AV has both in-game and team development effects.

And it's the main reason why i stopped playing khemri. I enjoy running long lived teams and develop my players. Decaying TG's just make it not viable.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
@JamesFarrell: Unfortunately the program is written in Delphi. I'm pretty sure the iDevices can't run that.

@The Sage: I'd join if I felt I had the time. But the way my life is I find it a lot easier to squeeze in 5 minute turns here and there.
As for the killstack - it's true that if you get all the right rolls it doesn't do much. But getting all the right rolls is harder now. That's how the nerf works.

@Woodstock: Glad you like the C & PO fix.
I used to play in a very long term tabletop league back in the day. But that was a long time before CRP. The rules do focus on the shorter term, but it does try to also rein in the long term powerhouses via SE and Bank.
I'm curious, because basically I lack the long term CRP experience, where do you think NTBB fails in regards to long term play?

@Zakatan: True, Decay on TGs is just such an insult.
As for AV8 vs AV9+Decay, it pretty much nets the same ammount of injuries. But AV8 gets you more KOs and Stuns. Your consolation prize is Break Tackle, which (IMO) makes the team a lot less 1-dimensional.

Also - when you consider Fouling and Claw, then suddenly I'd rather have AV8 than AV9+Decay.

Cheers all
Martin
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Without testing the new rules for C and PO it is ofc hard to say if your nerfs/buffs are justified, so it will be just a gamble. I think I only like Humans and maybe Vamps. The rest is just... dunno, it is either unneeded, doesn't fix the issue, or just doesn't feel right.

And the main problem, at least for me, doesn't get fixed. Namely the Chaos roster. With removal of traits, 0-16 GSM(AP) players for 60k are just broken.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Woodstock,
I've got my favourites among the team tweaks, and some I like less too.
But admittedly I'm reasonably satisfied with all of them.

I admittedly did not deal with Chaos in a direct manner.
But I did do something.
First off, one of the main problems with GSM is no doubt easy access to the killstack.
I'm much less worried about beastmen scooting around with 2-heads Wink

The other thing is that with stricter SE and Bank I've tried to knock down the cieling from TV250'ish to TV220'ish. I think the higher TV goes, the bigger the advantage for the teams that start with few skills but with good stats and good access. Like The elf sides and chaos.

It will be interesting to see how that works out in the NTBBL, but unfortunately we will never be able to grow monster teams with 60+ games under their belt.

Cheers
Martin
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:

@Zakatan: True, Decay on TGs is just such an insult.
As for AV8 vs AV9+Decay, it pretty much nets the same ammount of injuries. But AV8 gets you more KOs and Stuns. Your consolation prize is Break Tackle, which (IMO) makes the team a lot less 1-dimensional.

So basically, claw aside, they are weaker in general in exchange for dieing equally. I don't see how this is making the roster any better.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, you don't get it, never mind.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe folk get it but just don't agree. Wink

I would guess that more people would be interested in just the CRP+ than the whole NTBB. I think that Kalimar aleady has some of that stuff coded.

I notice that BRETONNIA sneaked their way in. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, they don't get it. But this thread is not the place for that. Back to NTBB!
 Jump to: