57 coaches online • Server time: 00:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you a proud Rank player?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 49 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
R VS B...again?
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Wait I thought it was B VS R...Iam confused.
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
PIE
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 102

PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Iam proud to be a Ranker....if the coaches who play in box can call themselves Boxers then Iam a Ranker.

Yes I play the majority of my matches in Ranked. There are many reasons, no need to list them, but I assure you they are much better than any list a boxer could come up with to justify playing the majority of his games in the box.

But I digress.......

How come in Ranked and specifically in the Ranked forum. There are no threads about complaints about ranked? No threads about the injustices of the system? No threads on how certain skill combos have tarnished and threaten to kill off Ranked? We dont even drag out the dead, skeleton remains of Cherry Picking to rage over every few weeks. "we" have fallen so low that we cant even get a decent CPOMB thread in Ranked.

Have we all just thrown up are arms in disgust, kick the dirt and just move on? Where is the passion? the outrage? the "fire"?

Or is it that deep down every one just knows Rank play is a better overall "experience" for open play Blood Bowl?

Based on the thread topics...is that even a question?

Flame on Ranked Brothers.....burn me to ashes....or has the fire gone out?

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It is called social control, people play the games that are enjoyable for both parties.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

How come in Ranked and specifically in the Ranked forum. There are no threads about complaints about ranked? No threads about the injustices of the system? No threads on how certain skill combos have tarnished and threaten to kill off Ranked? We dont even drag out the dead, skeleton remains of Cherry Picking to rage over every few weeks. "we" have fallen so low that we cant even get a decent CPOMB thread in Ranked.

Have we all just thrown up are arms in disgust, kick the dirt and just move on? Where is the passion? the outrage? the "fire"?

For good or for bad, Ranked is anarchy.
What need do anarchists have for political discussion and critique?
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate that response Jimmy...But it lacked any insight at all and you thankfully deleted it so you would not embares youself...or did you realize you posted it in the wrong Fourm. Got Ranked confused with Box?

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I deleted it, no need for trash like that.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
For good or for bad, Ranked is anarchy.

I love this....I really do.

We need to rename Ranked to the Anarchist Div....Box would be dead in under 2 months.

Shocked Smile Very Happy

Who would not love to play in the Anarchy Div? Who?

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I was definitely an unranker and a Leaguer (for my league matches) no complaints there.
Ruiner

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

There's very little complaints about CPOMB amongst Rankers because you can just avoid them by not accepting those match ups.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I see the need for the ranked division, but don't find it to be truly competitive in light of the box.

Scary to say, but I think Cyanide had it right when they set up for arranged matches to not count for ranking purposes. Scheduler is the real test.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruiner wrote:
There's very little complaints about CPOMB amongst Rankers because you can just avoid them by not accepting those match ups.

Yeah, but annoys me when I see clawpomb rosters that are getting games. Those guys who are accepting need to defer authority to me, so I can refuse for them.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruiner wrote:

Or is it that Ranked has a mechanic. A CPOMB relief valve so to speak....it is called SMACK.

You see in Box that relief valve will not work. In fact it would make it worse. The relief valve of a Box SMACK would have all the elf ballers defect the DIV and only play in Box SMACKs.

And then endless Box threads on how the elfballers are dodging the scheduler, Dominate with inflated TV in Box majors and leave all the CPOMB coaches in dismay at the carnage they cause against each other.

Crying or Very sad

Iam starting to suspect that Boxers enjoy the flame war on the Box Forum as much as they like actually playing this silly game. Shocked

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Ruiner wrote:

Yeah, but annoys me when I see clawpomb rosters that are getting games. Those guys who are accepting need to defer authority to me, so I can refuse for them.

LOL...Well if that happened...would we go from Anarchy to benevolent dicator then?

Dang it...scracth the name change to Anrachy Div to Dictator Div. But that does not sound very fun...need to come up with a more lovable name then.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a Black boxer and CPOMB doesn't annoy me as half as much as the TV matching system, I'd prefer it if there was more give, so inducements can play a bigger part.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave R a very good try for a few months, but I found it hard to get good games.

I found that there were two types of people that would accept games against me, other high CR coaches and utter newbs.

I had both good and bad experiences...generally, accepting what I considered reasonable games that my opponent would play, I'd get:

newb newb newb, legend, newb, newb, newb, legend.

On the flip side, in the box, I tend to get:
vet, vet, vet, newb, vet, vet, vet, vet,vet, newb, vet,vet

In short, I find R gives you both the best games and the worst. B is easier for building a team though (assuming you don't have much time to cherry pick each evening).

Last edited by Hitonagashi on %b %06, %2012 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2012 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruiner wrote:
I'm a Black boxer and CPOMB doesn't annoy me as half as much as the TV matching system, I'd prefer it if there was more give, so inducements can play a bigger part.

No Fair...I cry foul...dont be bringing Box issues over to the ranked forum man.

Very Happy