46 coaches online • Server time: 13:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adar

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2003 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

When I try to start the java client I only get a failure message, here is a crappy translation from Swedish: "The [unit] or networkconnection that the shortcut Bloodbowl.ink [comments to] is not [reachable]. Check that the [floppy] is correctly inserted and that the [networkunit] is [reachable] and then try again.

[] are words I'm not sure on how to translate into English.

And yes I have looked throught the faq...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2003 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

*** bump ***

Are you sure the files unzipped in the correct directory? If you open your Bbowl folder, do you see 'actions.log', 'Bbowl.jar', 'Bloodbowl.lnk', 'DifferencesFromBoardGameFAQ.txt', 'endGame.tpl', etc...

You can try downloading the full version (5.0) and then the latest patch (5.3 as of my writing this) again to see if the directory structure got mucked up.

Good luck. Let us know what works.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2003 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, I think I know what the problem is. The link that comes with the game points at c:\winnt\system32\javaw.exe. The error he is getting sounds like windows saying it is a bad link or the program has moved. What you need to do is find where javaw.exe is stored on your computer, and then change the c:\winnt\system32\javaw.exe part of the shortcut to point to that.

The Finishing Touch
Adar

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2003 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you fellas, it's now working.

Btw sorry for taking so long before responding, couldn't find the thread Embarassed
 Jump to: