46 coaches online • Server time: 12:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
der_Feind

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

I am trying to adapt my team bio to the new BBCode format. I could changed a lot of the sutff what I wanted, but now I'm stucked a bit with the buttons.

This is what I have done so far.
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=205833

But I want that all buttons have the same width.
This is the code I got from Christers tutorial and which I used for the buttons

[block=center]
[toggle label=Test block=test]
[block=hidden white id=test]
Test
[/block]
[/block]

But I couldn't find a way to make the button size independently from the text (here Test).

Can anyone help me with that issue?
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

you need to add: \

this will close the line breaks you have put in by keeping your code neat (like you should do Very Happy) the site auto puts line breaks in with a return between code.

(the above may not use the correct technical terms, but should solve the problem)

Take care Dalfort

[block=center]\
[toggle label=Test block=test]\
[block=hidden white id=test]\
Test
[/block]\
[/block]\
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:

this will close the line breaks you have put in by keeping your code neat (like you should do Very Happy) the site auto puts line breaks in with a return between code.

(the above may not use the correct technical terms, but should solve the problem)

Take care Dalfort

[block=center]\
Test
[/block]\
[/block]\

When i put that code in i get a screen saying some goblin has stolen my page lol
der_Feind

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:

Take care Dalfort

[block=center]\
Test
[/block]\
[/block]\

yeah I added the \ in the rest of the code, but not in this short example Sad
But thx for the advice but this is not fixing my problem with the button size
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, sorry Sad

I have tried a few things and none of them affected the button size/shape... I will keep my eye on an answer though Smile
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2012 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

On the button issue: is there a way of having the button say something DIFFERENT when it's 'showing' versus when it's 'hidden'? I'd love to have it like the html ones where you could have different phrases on the buttons when exposed or not.
der_Feind

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2012 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

liquidorange wrote:
On the button issue: is there a way of having the button say something DIFFERENT when it's 'showing' versus when it's 'hidden'? I'd love to have it like the html ones where you could have different phrases on the buttons when exposed or not.

Yeah this would be nice too. But first I have to fix the button size. Unfortunately the net is full of BBcode start tutorials, but nothing which handle buttons.

No expert here which can help me with buton problem, or link me a advanced tutorial/documentaton for BBcode?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2012 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no advanced tutorial. All the BB code that is allowed, is listed on that one single page.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2012 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

From looking elsewhere the [toggle] command seems to be a way to switch 2 items (text and blank space for our hide/show) so is not really a "button" command in itself. Whether this is why we cannot modify or style it I do not know.

This doesnt solve anything still Sad sorry.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2012 - 17:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You won't be able to find tutorials out there that are accurate for the FUMBBL specific additions to bbcode. The custom tags I've added are: toggle, hidden, block, bbcode, table, tr, th and td. While some of these probably exist elsewhere, they aren't super likely to be identical to other implementations.

That being said, I just added support for two new attributes to the toggle tag: 'width' and 'height'. Have fun.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2012 - 17:26
FUMBBL Staff

Dalfort wrote:
From looking elsewhere the [toggle] command seems to be a way to switch 2 items (text and blank space for our hide/show) so is not really a "button" command in itself. Whether this is why we cannot modify or style it I do not know.

This doesnt solve anything still Sad sorry.

Technically, the [toggle] bbcode expands into a html input tag with type set to button. On top of this, there's an onclick javascript that toggles the visibility (by switching display CSS values) on the target block (and the rest of the group if applicable). It also changes the label of the button(s).
der_Feind

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
You won't be able to find tutorials out there that are accurate for the FUMBBL specific additions to bbcode. The custom tags I've added are: toggle, hidden, block, bbcode, table, tr, th and td. While some of these probably exist elsewhere, they aren't super likely to be identical to other implementations.

That being said, I just added support for two new attributes to the toggle tag: 'width' and 'height'. Have fun.

Cool it works now. Thx Christer for your great support Very Happy
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How do I make buttons show hidden blocks aswell as hide currently open ones?
Right now they only open one after the other and I have to press the same button to hide them again.
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=261
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 09:49
FUMBBL Staff

You need the buttons to be grouped together. On the help page https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=notes&op=view&id=1
Under Toggle Buttons you want the bottom of the 2 examples

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, thx!

EDIT: yay, it worked!
 Jump to: