24 coaches online • Server time: 07:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gken1

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2004 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Babs
Rulz Guru

Posted: 22 Mar 2004 23:32 Post subject: Wild Animal - Revised

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if I'm breaking protocol or not, but It's worth youall knowing that WA discussion (this thread and the thread that was blocked) have been listened to. After dicsussion with the BBRC Jake Thornton has done a last minute raid on the printers and removed the 2+ to fouls that was in the impromptu change that got a little out of BBRC hands for a while and was changed a little out of procedure. This happens, and should not be a criticism of the BBRC or Jerivs & Jake. The good news is that the definition has been revised and a foul action is 4+, only blocks & blitzes will be 2+.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2004 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank god

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2004 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully next year they'll remember what playtesting means.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2004 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

bump
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I still say wild animals suck, - go get a troll instead. much easier to handle and don't have to risk losing your blitz to move the little bugger.
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Might the client now support this feature since you can no longer have a 2+ to move? Oh, I can hardly wait...

thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Since this is pretty much oficial can we get it implemented on jbb soon? I wann be able to use my mino. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not official until it appears in print somewhere.. from what they are saying at TBB it'll be when LRB 3.0 comes out.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well how bout at least putting it in Div-X for the next update as an "experimental" rule?

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

its a waste using your blitz to have a CHANCE of moving your minotaur... why don't they just remove them from the game instead, since this is still so much worse than really stupid...
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It is worse than really stupid, but not a whole lot worse. Now that they can blitz people won't go to such great lengths to get away from them so they will be able to block more often. Another thing to remeber is that the minotaur doesn't lose his tackle zones when he fails a wild animal roll. There neg trait has to be a little worse than rs to justify them having frenzy and acess to those nice physical abilities. With the new rules i would put the mino a little above a troll and a little below an ogre they are definatley playable now at least unlike what they where but i still think the old rule should be brought back.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

they have less armor though and cost more to make up for it. at least with a troll you can move without having to waste your blitz... no one in their right mind will use their blitz on their minotaur exclusively, for a CHANCE to move and hit someone every turn.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Which is okay. Different roles for trolls and WA's. WA's are St5 Blitzers, that might waste your blitz ... use them if you dare that risk, don't if you don't. Letting them move on 2+ would make them even more powerful then Ogres are atm.

-Mnemon
Beater

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

gerbil, what's the difference between a 2+ Really Stupid Troll blitz and a 2+ WA Mino blitz?
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

know if you can stand up on a 2+ or a 4+ by any chance?
 Jump to: