56 coaches online • Server time: 23:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2003 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Special April Challenge
April's challenge will be for all of the coaches (even those too wimpy to play in the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T.)
1.To enter paint up a member of your A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. team.
2. Take a digital picture
3. Write a bio of that player (Mr-Klipp has promised to implement a comment field for bios and the like for the players. I am sure he wouldn't mind a friendly reminder about that promise.)
Entry deadline will be April 30th.
There will be a prize for the winner as well as earning them ten points.

Week 0 Challenges (can be completed at any time)
1.Bloodbowlify the name of a renowned anarchists. See March's challenges to get an idea of how it is done. Include the name of the real anarchists and a bit about him/her. Or create a new acronym for the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T.
2. Create a press release describing your teams your teams arrival into the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. or send me an e-mail or a fumbbl pm explaining why your team wants to join the A.NA.R.C.H.I.S.T. 

Week 1 Challenge (to be completed by the end of week 1)
Time to get to know the hosts of the tournament a little better.
1. Noam Chompsky of the Terrifying Anarchists is based on a real person. Name him.
2. Why is he an inspiration to the Terrifying Anarchists?
3. This anarchist revolutionized a whole academic field. Name it and describe its relation (if any) to anarchism.

Please respond to the challenges by fumbbl PM
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2003 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Week #1 Results

1. r3's Blood Freaks (TR210) 2 challenged Wuhan's (TR228) Sleeper 3
Freaks: 0 pts (0 L -1 score +1 TR) Sleeper: 10 pts (10 W +1 score -1 TR)
Late game from March, I'm not sure what time zone they are in Smile

2. Samuli's (TR183) Project Valhalla 2 challenged r3's (TR192) Blood Freaks 1
Project: 12 pts (10 W + 1 score + 1 tr) Freaks: -2 pts (0 L - 1 score - 1 tr)

3. Samuli's (TR191) Project Valhalla 5 challenged Evo's (TR222) Noble Anarchists Of Hoeth 0
Project: 17 pts (10 W + 5 score + 2 tr) Anarchists: -7 pts (0 L - 5 score - 2 tr)

4. Lorgalis's (TR239) Guards of Hades 3 challenged Evo's (TR236) Noble Anarchists of Hoeth 3
Guards: 5 pts (5 T) Noble Anarchists: 5 pts (5 T)

5. Wuhan's (TR232) Monkeywrenching 2 challenged Grimfang's (TR262) Gnadsmashers 1
Monkeywrenching: 13 pts (10 W +1 score +2 TR) Gnadsmashers: -3 pts (0 L -1 score -2 TR)

6. Cjohnsto's (TR194) Crawlers 3 challenged Evo's (TR233) Noble Anarchists of Hoeth 3
Crawlers: 8 pts (5 T +3 TR) Noble Anarchists: 2 pts (5 T -3TR)

7. Mezir's (TR176) Rat Delicatessen 0 challenged Peikko's (TR276) Skullsnapper 2
Delicatessen: 5 pts (0 L -2 score +7 TR) Skullsnapper: 5 pts (10 W +2 score -7 TR)

8. Sigellius's (TR208) Mr Men Mark Two 1 challenges r3's (TR192) Blood Freaks 1
Mr Men: 6 pts (5 T +1 TR) Freaks: 4 pts (5 T -1 TR)

9. Peikko's (TR281) Skullsnapper 1 challenged Sceadeau's (TR255) Daggerdale Scions 4
Skullsnapper: -5 pts (0 L -3 score -2 TR) Scions: 15 pts (10 W +3 score +2 TR)

10. Evo's (TR245) Noble Anarchists of Hoeth 1 challenged Peikko's (TR286) Skullsnapper 1
Noble Anarchists: 8 pts (5 T +3 TR) Skullsnapper: 2 pts (5 T -3 TR)

11. Evo's (TR244) Noble Anarchists of Hoeth 1 challenged LordShambles's (TR240) Legion of Death 2
Noble Anarchists: -1 pt (0 L -1 score) Legion: 11 pts (10 W +1 score)

12. Darak_eyetwister's (TR113) Skullbangers 0 challenged Mezir's (TR158)Lean, Mean, Fighting Green 3
Skullbangers: 0 pts (0 L -3 score +3 TR) Green: 10 pts (10 W +3 score -3 TR)

13. Sceadeau's (TR283) Daggerdale Scions 3 challenged Evo's (TR236) Noble Anarchists of Hoeth 5
Scions: (0 L -2 score -3 TR) Noble Anarchists: 15 pts (10 W +2 score +3 TR)

14. r3's (TR208) Blood Freaks 2 challenged Evo's (TR247) Noble Anarchists of Hoeth 2
Freaks: 8 pts (5 T +3 TR) Noble Anarchists: 2 pts (5T -3 TR)

15. r3's (TR204) Blood Freaks 1 challenged AsperonThorn's (TR217) Coldstone Cold Stones 3
Freaks: -1 pt (0 L -2 score + 1 TR) Cold Stones: 11 pts (10 W +2 score -1 TR)

16. Mezir's (TR165) Lean, Mean, Fighting Green 1 challenged r3's (TR209) Blood Freaks 4
Green: 0 pts (0 L -3 score +3 TR) Freaks: 10 pts (10 W +3 score -3 TR)

17. Sceadeau's (TR279) Daggerdale Scions 5 challenged Peikko's (TR289) Skullsnapper 2
Scions: 14 pts (10 W +3 score +1 TR) Skullsnapper: -4 pts (0 L -3 score -1 TR)

18. AperonThorn's (TR209) Cold Stone Coldstones 2 challenged C.J.'s (TR259) Home Town Rat Boys 1
Coldstones: 14 pts (10 W +1 score +3 TR) Rat Boys: -4 pts (0 L -1 score -3 TR)

Note: negative points only count if you concede. If you issue a challenge and your opponent concedes it doesn't use up one of your challenges although you may still count the score.

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %13, %2003 - %02:%Apr; edited 15 times in total
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2003 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll get it done this weekend =)

The Finishing Touch
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Week #2 will begin on April 10 and each subsequent week will end on the following Thors' Day. That way the tournament will wrap up exactly at the end of the month. Contrary to rumours the extension of week #1 has absolutely nothing to do with me being late posting this weeks challenge.

For all you lurkers, here's your chance to join the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. and not be a week behind the pack. To encourage others to join, you can now challenge my Noble Anarchists as they entered the fray today.

Rules Update: The oppressor penalty has been upped to -2 pts. Hopefully that will encourage the Wankers to return for another month.

Awards Update: We are still awaiting the audited report for the Do We Have To Score Award. I hear the Interesting Times accounting firm is busily crunching the numbers as we speak. As a note to other coaches, please PM me your nominations for the April Anarchist Awards Assembly (AAAAA would be proud of that one). I'll be giving bonus/penalty points for the awards this month (somewhere between +/- 1 to 3 points). Feel free to create your own awards or use last months as a guide.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

http://www.radio4all.org/unwelcome/archive.html

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The wankers will soon return, we were down to nothing more than 8 gits for a while, but have managed to get up to a full 11 players with 2 big guys once more. Of course, only 8 seem to be up for the next game... but an improvement none the less. =) Now I just have to find some similarly undermanned team to challenge...

The Finishing Touch
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

We can fling some gobbos at each other sometime. Haven't entered them into the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. so far, though - and prolly won't now that dwarves are joining :p.
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as my famous Dwarf Throwers the Stoutstone Lapidators are Heading to the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. league I was wondering where I should post my victories and my writings. About these "writings"; where do I post/email/carrier pigeon them too. Being the only Halfling coach coaching non-halfling teams is a little hard on me sometimes and I may feel inclined to get a little emotional from time to time, but if you poke fun at me I'll send the Lapidator's meanest Longbeard your way. I'm sure ol' Stumpy Growngowger won't mind mangaling yah a little, and don't bother telling him he can't spell his name right. I lost my left ear that way. I look forward to A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. as much as I look forward to some of my home made goat stew Wink
r3

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigellius began his ANARCHIST career by shoving his dwarf squad Mr Men Mark Two in the general direction of our Blood Freaks, and a sad day it was for them! The Blood Freaks bashed on MMMT, and MMMT bashed on the Freaks, but no one broke! Eventually, some people scored, and then we started to break one or two of them, and finally someone else score. It was a tie!

Great match, exceptional conversation and smacktalk. Lots of fun!

Sigellius challenged r3
Mr Men Mark Two [1] - [1] Blood Freaks
208 - 192 = 16 / 15 = 1

Mr Men Mark Two - [4]
Blood Freaks - [6]

Match Report
Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2003 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Lean, Mean, Fighting Green (Mezir, tr 158) was challenged by Skullbangers (darak_eyetwister, tr 113). Fighting Green, after a surprisingly swist and vicious opening shot from the humans, proceeded to hit things and score three times.

Lean, Mean, Fighting Green 3 - 0 Skullbangers

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Please post or PM me your match reports if your matches aren't listed above. I have a question regarding the weekly trivia challenges. Would you like me to let you enter them at any time in the month, although I'd still post only one per week? I usually give some grace in when you can submit them. I was thinking if I revealed the answers at the end of the month it might be more suspensful and would let late arrivals score some points even though they missed a week or two. Any thoughts on this or any other matter?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

http://www.parecon.org/intro.htm

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The wankers have returned to the fray, challenging Sceadeau's Daggerdale Scions for a 8-3 loss. The game was looking good at the half, with a 3-3 tie, but it was all downhill from there. After this debacle, the wankers were left with but one loyal fan. Things can only go up from here.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=30734

The Finishing Touch
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2003 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ASPERONCORP OFFICE, COLD STONE - Asperon Thorn has called a press conferance to, no doubt, brag about his latest results in the Anarchist Tournament.

"First of all, I would like to thank all of you for joining me today. This week went well for the ColdStones, and may not, yet be completed, do to league scheduling problems last night." started Asperon Thorn.

"Our first challenge was issued to the Hometown Rat Boys coached by CJ. The Rat Boys had a wonderful run in the Great Middle Mountain Tournament, but thier days seem to be numbered. The Coldstones defeated them 2-1 and we made the Front cover of Rolling Coldstone Magazine.

"We also issued a challenge to the Honarable Anarchists of Hoeth, but a scheduling conflict has postponed that game. As well as recieving a challenge Itza Giants, a lizard team. Also due to scheduling difficulties, that game wasn't resolved."

"The top story, of course, is the accusation that r3 and the Blood Freaks made about members of the Cold Stones defiling thier 'holy' image. I of course deny that we had anything to do with comparing them to a bunch of docile cows, but that didn't seem to sooth them. I will read you the letter we recieved from the Blood Freaks front office."

" It starts. . <ahem> 'Yaaaarg . . . .KHOOORN . . .AAANarrrK . . ' and finally ends with a 'GWAAAAAR'. We of course assumed that it was a challenge and showed up to play. Too bad, the Freaks didn't as well, but you can read about it in the Times of Anarchy Front Sports Page."

Well that does it for this week. Asperon Thorn has once again "graced" us with another selfish promotion of his own ego.

Last edited by AsperonThorn on %b %14, %2003 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2003 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

felwood press agency, ashenvale:

The manager of the Ashenvale Protectors announce that there are considerations to apply for membership in the anarchist league.
The Protectors are currently the 6th highest ranking Wood-Elf team with regard to TR and like to participate in touchdown-heavy matches.

Cool
 Jump to: