25 coaches online • Server time: 08:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2012 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Defense is the ability to keep an opponent from scoring, either by ball control, attrition, or blocking. Not by outscoring, for example.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2012 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

then chaos should be a 5. hard to score when you've only git 3 players left on the pitch

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2012 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ehh chaos don't do that often enough to warrant a 5. A 4 in the hands of a good coach, but a 3 at most for the average clawpomb chaos team.
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2012 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

In at least half the games they are going up against another bash team, so no, they aren't leaving their opponent with 3 players. They also like to sit around hitting people rather than scoring on the 5, 6, and turn 7. I think I got Chaos' Offense right.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2012 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

umm, if you're against a bash team you are actually more likely to remove all their players, because they won't try to run away, and won't have blodge, so the comment about bash against chaos is flat wrong. remember: chaos is the best team at bashing, period. no other team dishes out as much damage as they do, although nurgle and khemri come awfully close (and technically, angry newscasters, a khemri team, are the best bashers on the site outside of stunty leeg, but that's a particular team, not the race as a whole.)
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2012 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally Chaos is trying for the "2-1". That means they will gladly give up a score if it means they can smack the other team around. That doesn't mean they can't contain another team, but... yes it does mean that. They can't contain other teams from scoring.

And Bash against Bash ends up being a crap shoot, particularly at the starting levels (when coaches are learning the ropes). Luck plays a very heavy roll for a newbie playing Chaos.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2012 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm.
Maybe you should play more games and get good at bloodbowl before you try to define how every team should be rated?
No offence, but if someone like PeteW or Purpegoo did something like this then sure people would disagree on some of them but their track record shows that they at least understand the fundamentals of BB.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I don't know anything about Blood Bowl. Dude, do your homework before you make a fool of yourself. No offense. Razz
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see your win % and number of games played.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

As his profile description suggests he is one of the founders of CLAWPOMB Very Happy Shocked

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair jimmy neoliminal is a great guy, he did great things for the game, everything pretty much went massively down hill after he left the bbrc and certain other people grew in power.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't actually mean any offense.
I think that this project would be better undertaken by a more experienced or succesful FUMBBL coach.
A lot of people who are very good at playing BB disagreed with a lot of things that he said about playing BB.
Being a great guy or doing great things for the game doesn't make someone a great player.
Sorry.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Being a great player doesn't make you a good game designer. I'm entitled to my opinions and this is basically a simple way to show new players what each team is about. Disagree or agree... new players will take it with the same grain of salt they take anything.

I've played more games of Blood Bowl than you see here. In fact the vast majority of my games have been played over a board. I have played more games than the majority of players on FUMBBL. I'm not a great player, no. I'm a good player. I am, however, a great designer and I know the game inside and out. I know the mechanics as well or better than anyone. If I have an opinion it is an informed one.

But it is still an opinion... and as such feel free to ignore it. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a rubbish coach but to me your ratings are overall worse than useless.

you may have played thousands of table top games and be an amazing designer.
But there is a huge difference between tabletop and fumbbl.

all those game mechanics that you seem to know inside out have been gamed to perfection by hundreds of coaches over thousands of games.
rules have been stretched and played by coaches trying to win, trying to bash or trying to protect their players.
the rng is truly random and not based on a set of 'lucky' dice.
teams have reached hundreds and thousands of games.
coaches play a greater variety of coaches and teams that any tabletop league could.

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying the place you're coming from is not fumbbl.
I think this is borne out somewhat by your win record on fumbbl.

Your opinions are yours but if someone who has played a hell of a lot more games on fumbbl than you disagrees about particular opinions perhaps you should swallow some pride and allow they might know more than you when it comes to bloodbowl in this environment.
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

KenThis, you make several good points. I don't need to swallow my pride to admit that FUMBBL is unlike any other Blood Bowl environment. I do disagree that "winning percentage" represent knowledge of the game as a whole. There are probably a handful of coaches here that can boast across the board (all races) winning records. Many of the top coaches stick to a few select teams that they have an affinity for and their winnings reflect that.

I play for fun (hence the "fun" rating) and so my winning percentage is not great because sometimes I try fun things rather than winning things. Sometimes I score instead of spending four turns pounding a beat up opponent. Sometimes I try the Hail Mary. That's what I like... but it doesn't match well against a coach with 90% winning record who plays Chaos. I get torn a new one.

I know how the rules are being stretched. It's simple to look at the teams that are winning, review a few games and read the grips online to see what's working for the min/max "win at all cost" players. These ratings aren't for you. You've been here for over 5 years. It's for the newbies, hence I posted here and not in strategies. It's an over view. A menu of sorts. Here is our wine selection and maybe you won't taste the woody aftertaste of wood elves like I do, but here is something you can base your decision on.

Take the list for what it's worth. For you, nothing.

Ok, enough said by me. No more responses from me on this thread. Smile
 Jump to: