65 coaches online • Server time: 20:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is a coach feedback system a good idea?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 30 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 24 ]
Pie
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 62

bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know if this idea has been mooted before but how about a coach feedback system similar to ebay? Sometimes it would be nice to get an idea of the sort of coach that you are about to play. There are some coaches on fumbbl that are an immense amount of fun to play! There have also been some games that I have played where I feel my opponent has sucked all the fun out of the game and I've felt like I've wasted an hour & a half of my life.
I know that a coaches only biog may give some idea of what a person is like but I think other people's opinions are usually more accurate when combined. I mean is there anyone on the site that doesn't think they are cool & fun to play against?

I'm sure there are reasons against this but I think it may be worth exploring. What do you guys think?

Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha a real controversial opic to kick us off for the new year lol
I would think that some stronly opinionated (in a good way) coaches like Goo and some in another way ( like pyth Smile ) will wade in here...

My thoughts are yes I think it would be interesting especially for [L] selections. Though I would say it needs to be qualified by the actual number of votes to avoid a small clique ganging up on a coach that one of them dislikes and all voting for or against him or her.

So for example it could be something like:

Ave score = 4/5 120 votes (16 votes by coaches who have not played)

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Although this idea has been suggested in the spirit of things, we all know this will just end up being something extra that the admins have to police.

My question would be: Is this so that you as a coach can get feedback on yourself, or so that you can comment on another coach? Don't forget you aleady have your lists to add nice/unpleasant coaches to, so if it's for personal reference, just add fun coaches to the white list... etc.

If it ends up a "like" system similar to Facebook, I would want a "dislike" button. The ebay system is fine, but you do get people posting things which you may not agree with, or even think untrue, and like ebay, you may have a chance to respond, but that would be littered with bad feeling between coaches...

I can see why you would want it... lack of chat, whining, t16 fouls born out of frustration... etc All things you may want to note... but the lists really cover that. You also have match reports... put in there whether you had fun, or offer advice. If all coaches did this then they can refer to the match reports and spot fun games.

Just my thoughts...
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Horrible idea... Pretty much breaks the fumbbl rules.
Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

OH I would not want a commentry system I think that would be bad and agree with Wotfudboy on this. I think a numeric system woudl suffice

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is, it would be affected badly by a coaches ability. You play an arse, who can hardly play, and you come out winning well isn't going to have the same general feedback as a good player who plays like an arse.

So in the long run, a coaches feedback score would be hugely skewed by his ability. If this wasn't the case I'd love to see it, and make life more difficult for the coaches that take liberties with the site.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to rate a coach. I know a few coaches for example who are lovely when they're winning, and who turns into a**holes as soon as they start losing too bad. What rating a guy like that would get?

Or there are very friendly coaches playing incredibly dirty (you know, the guy who's gonna stall to make sure he can foul with assists and DP every single of the 3 linos of yours left on the pitch). What would you rate his great attitude or his lame gameplay?

And actually, the reason I don't like this is because I know with such a system, I would have never played against some coaches because of their rating, despite the fact they turned out to be fun IG. Well, on the other hand, I wouldn't have played against a few despicable coaches either. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

This idea is a bit silly but some kind of reliability rating for leagues could be useful.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't we already have that with the whitelist/blacklist?
Maybe an overview somewhere with the most whitelisted and blacklisted coaches is all you need.

Last edited by Rijssiej on %b %01, %2013 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

it doesnt have to break any fumbbl rules, as per eBay feedback could be basically anonymous. Although, how that works for the first few games i dont know Wink
you could use categories such as speed of play, chattiness, sportsmanship etc.
having said that im not especially in favour of it.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It can be annoying and feel like a waste of an hour to an hour and a half of your life when you agree to a match that turn sout to be horrible for one reason or another, but I just add the coaches I'd rather not play again on the blacklist for my own reference and ones I really enjoy playing on my Buddy List so the coach name shows up nice and clear when they're on. Works fine for me.

What you proposed would offer too many opportunities to ruin a coaches experience of fummbl based on a momentary experience of that person. Every coach has an off day, or RL interrupts play etc.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Another issue that makes this idea rather bunk is the fact that people play differently with different races. I can envision a scenario where pixel-loving coaches rate elfballers high and bashers low merely because of how their team survived against them...

Woodstock has it right. Nice try, but horrible idea.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

we have enough Trolls in this game, without giving coaches the chance to be them too

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

*rage quits and gives everyone he has played a quick dislike on his way out* Very Happy
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2013 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I never said that this should be done. I just wanted opinions. I quite like the idea of how many people white or blacklisted a coach next to his CR.

Jump to: