57 coaches online • Server time: 23:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Retire It?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 13 ]
NO
66%
 66%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 39

koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was a Box team I'd say fire all (or almost all) of the gimped guys. Wink

It's just too easy to get them off the field.
You'd still have the monster tree, two WDs & 4 linos.

As it's a Ranked team though that could leave them so ripped that they couldn't get games. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire all the injured players. You'll have 4 loners but strip ball and ST7 tree should make you pretty lethal at low TV.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

team looks healthy... just go on
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Benedictus wrote:
So yo are saing i should keep only the Wardancer and the Tree. And the rest should be loners. Should i buy other players when i have the money?

I dont think that was the groups thoughts on this.

BUT

Lets say you did do that...it would be very bad.

8 loners = 560K to replace with regular lino. We are not even talking about catchers/throwers.

PLUS

Until you invested 560K to buy back 8 regular lino you could never expand to a 12 man squad.

The amount of money needed is a tall order and I have not even brought up the element of luck involved to keep you team intact with no Perm or RIPS that would make that "hole" even deeper. Lose a dancer on top of having to replace the 8 lino.....NO BUENO.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My advise on this subject is based on my WE team, granted it is league but they are in the same "boat"

Victory

You will note they have played 43 games. W/L aint to shabby. 2 Title matches to win their league.

BUT

If you look at their actual matches...they have only played 3 games out of 43 with out using J-men. They can never aquire enough gold to replace the guys getting killed and maimed to expand above a 11 man roster. If they were a R/B team they would have been retired a long time ago.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire 1, 2, 4 and 11.

You will then be playing with 1 Tree, 2 WD's, 5 Normal linemen and I would keep the -AV blodger. meaning 4 Loners.

Then, you can wait until you have enough to buy players to take the roster to 12.

Although, if any Loners get MVP, it's worth hiring them, as they then only need to make a pass to get their first skill.
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

When I can give u a Reason, Retire the Team, make a new but without a Tree. He Cost to much and make to often not what he have to do, and we can have for the same Cost nearly 2Linos or an good skilled.

Woods be an awesome Team and u must learn to give the Opponent not so much Blocks, often is a Dodge away better as an Block. And making only the Blocks who be needet. Without the Tree u be more mobile and can better handle Situations and u can pretty fast switch the lines. When u play after these terms u will loose much lesser Players and u can win often a Game, and when u have some good blitzers u can win the CasOut.

for Example:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=703902

Kick the Players with Injuries except on your best Players, when u have the Chance to protect them.
Hymn

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2013 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep it, between the STR 7 tree and the 28 SPP Wardancer, you have a nice core. As other have said, fire people. Although I might keep Maple around until nature takes its course. With AV 6 it won't be long, but you can get some blodge action out of it until that time comes.

Enjoy the fact your journeymen linemen are expendable and give them all the dirty work. Just let your War Dancers soak up the scores and SPP points and try to feed the tree.

Let your treasury build up and hire any journey who get MVP. You should be able to rebuild the team in a moderately short amount of time IMHO.
PrinceJohnIII

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2013 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep Fir as well. (again, it won't take long. But you'll have a wrestle player until the inevitable happens)

In fact, you really should only cut the niggle players (though Tree Kisser could have an arguement to keep) and your catcher (-2MA? Why wasn't he cut after the first?)
 Jump to: