30 coaches online • Server time: 09:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mephistodragonbane

Post 22 Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

on the help section it says take guard or mighty blow. but it was last updated in July 2011.

So figured I'd ask.

I got double 2's if that helps.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard or Mighty Blow.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

lol thanks for helping out Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

Yeah, nothing has changed since 2011. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

wow that's bad lol. Fair enough. I'll go for Guard I guess.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip Ball or Side Step if you want him to be a Slapdancer.

Gaurd is awful, if you are trying to decide what is a first skill for a Wardancer, Gaurd isn't going to help you. If anything it's going to leave your WD standing around for some hits.

MB is better at least you have a chance to knock their guys out in your one Blitz.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow or Mighty Blow
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

guard?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

MB all the way!

Then tackle!

Then PO if you get more doubles!

Then SS if you are on the sidelines a lot, if not FRENZY!!!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

With Leap, a WD can get into almost any cage and land next to the ball carrier. We've all seen it.

If you've marked 2 corners of the cage where he can land (usually easy enough), that's a clean 1d blitz all alone.

If another Leaper has Guard, and they leap first, they've added the assist you need - so now it's a 2d Blitz.

So, they're often built in pairs that way - one w/ MB, one w/ Guard (and then plus other skills later). That's where the "one or the other" thing comes from. (Altho' many coaches share Licker's view, make both their WD's killing machines, and put Leap on a Guard Lino or two - even better!)

Get MB now - more Cas = more spp on regular blocks/blitzes. Take Guard on some lino soon(ish), and then Leap on him or Guard on your 2nd WD, as you prefer.

BUT - keep them protected! Don't let them go waaaay out in front, or even a little (unless you need to get the ball for the win) - keep them protected or they'll get gang raped before you can say "Gah!". And at AV 7, that's bad.

If you ever want to see how "top" coaches build their teams, hit the link on your Profile page for "Coach Standings" (in right hand margin, top row, the number). Use the drop-downs to find the best coaches for a given Race/Team. NOTE - make sure they've been playing in the last year or so - many "top" coaches and teams are legacies from older rulesets, where rules changes and diff skills made modern teams not as dominant. Find something current!

(And, as much as it may pain you, don't take the first random samples from forum answers as gospel! Give it 24 hours, at least. 17 minutes?! Rolling Eyes Give alternate opinions time to be voiced, flaws to be pointed out, assertions to be challenged, and then defended!

If BB teaches you anything (and it shouldn't!), it's that objectivity is only visible once many subjective samples have been taken.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
werks

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

^ Great advice! I've noticed that some coaches give bad advice on purpose! (I'm sure you vets already know this, but just had to point it out).

Wardancers are too hauty to help their buddies get some licks in. It's totally out of character for a WD to have Guard. They want glory for THEMSELVES! They want the ball, the rock, the diamond! They want to use their superior skill and agility to SLAP! the ball out of the goon's hands and run down the field with it.
Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, should have gone for strip ball or MB Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MB, Always MB.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think MB is better for dancers, yes. But Guard is at least still Guard. Maybe don't repeat the pick, but if that's what you took, do make the most of it, because it will be useful. Side Step, Tackle, Diving Tackle, and when he dies (he will), rookie Wardancers are great players!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Mephistodragonbane wrote:
yeah, should have gone for strip ball or MB Sad

guard is still good. dont worry, guard is always good. But yeah MB is genereally the better double for a WD.
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard? Really? Who came up with that idea...? "Let's pick a "passive" skill on my dedicated blitzer... Razz
I know it can come in handy with leap, but still..
 Jump to: