67 coaches online • Server time: 22:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice everyone Smile I did choose guard as It seemed no one would answer me after the first two, I figured defence is better than offense

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass block all the way.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Repeat after me: "Guard is NEVER the WRONG choice." Maybe not always the best choice, but nonetheless the difference between an "ordinary" Leaping Blodgestepper and one who does nothing but wreck cages.

Time to build your blocking skills, Mephisto. Maximum mileage out of this guy will depend on crack positioning. Guard wants to be in multiple zones, and Wardancer doesn't. Side Step, Diving Tackle, Tackle, and pray for an 11. Kick yourself on a double (no POMB for you), but either take MB for just an all-around great suite, or simply ignore it. If you do take MB, Tackle over DT.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

leap to guard + leap to strip = very high burn up of rr and all your eggs in one basket approach as the two poor fools get bashed down and then fouled the next turn. I would strongly NOT recommend it.

Better to risk one strip blitz, with wrestle has a very high chance of success and then have as many spare players as possible to grab hold of the loose ball and protect it.

This will hopefully encourage your opponent to try and get the ball back rather than kill your wardancer(s).

Last edited by uzkulak on Jan 11, 2013 - 22:06; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

guard is going to get him killed quicker

MB and at least you have a dude who can take your blitz every turn and try to knock someone out

You don't have to go after the ball/cage every turn afterall...
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yeah, Leap is a desperation move. Blodgestep is better for cagebreaking. It's nice to have Leap, eventually you'll use it to great effect, but it's not what a lot of new coaches think it is.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

MB or jugger. Jugger is good with strip later on. Jugger is fun to blitz wrestlers with.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

block or dodge.

(take mb!)
 Jump to: