41 coaches online • Server time: 00:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

They are ruined in the CRP roster. Snots are so pathetic that they are barely even worth having on the pitch. 6 ogres may be impressive at rookie team level where mighty blow and all that ST5 are formiddable, but above that when dodge/blodge/guard becomes common place, they soon become lumbering liabilities as bone head failures rid you of tackle zones and guard.

There's no general access in the roster except on doubles, making getting a player with block and tackle somewhat laborious. Strip ball? Are you having a laugh pudding?

Is there a way to fix such a broken roster without scrapping it entirely? Maybe up the limit to 8 ogres? Give snots ST2?

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

They can be fixed in four easy steps;

1. Accept that not every race is equally good at playing Blood Bowl, nor should they be.
2. Accept that Snotlings are, correctly, the worst, and are a fun roster, not a competitive one. If you don't like them, you don't have to use them; there's no need to scrap them and ruin other people's fun.
3. ????
4. Profit.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I don't think that they have to be equally good.

However, they are *that* bad that very few people will play them. You don't get the kind of love that e.g. flings do.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Right, I don't think that they have to be equally good.

However, they are *that* bad that very few people will play them. You don't get the kind of love that e.g. flings do.

Very few is enough. The variety of BB is part of the appeal. ST2 is a v bad idea, and completely unfaithful to the fluff. I think the only change needed is a rename. They are a Snotling team, not an Ogre team, and naming them correctly would emphasise how bottom rung they are, at least to those familiar with WFB.

I could accept adding a Pump Wagon to the team, if you really, really had to change them. Although I'd replace one of the Ogres to do so, and I doubt it would make them any more competitive, just more fun.
Duder

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Narrow-Tier Blood Bowl 2012 Ogre fix:

A 10K discount on both ogres and rerolls, along with +1MA and +1AV on snotlings for free. Finally, Titchy prevents attackers from using Tackle on the block dice.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:

1. Accept that not every race is equally good at playing Blood Bowl, nor should they be.
2. Accept that Snotlings are, correctly, the worst, and are a fun roster, not a competitive one. If you don't like them, you don't have to use them; there's no need to scrap them and ruin other people's fun.
3. ????
4. Profit.

What a horrible cope out.

Ogres were fun before the mega nerf. Now they are so close to unplayable it's just silly.

Sure some people find them fun still. Good for them, but what about all of us that had fun playing them before and now just feel queeze when we see the roster?

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:

Very few is enough. The variety of BB is part of the appeal.

Ok, now I know you're just trolling.

How can very few people play them = variety?

Wouldn't this just mean that since less people play them, more people play the already popular teams? Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Duder wrote:

A 10K discount on both ogres and rerolls, along with +1MA and +1AV on snotlings for free. Finally, Titchy prevents attackers from using Tackle on the block dice.

The real "boost" is a nerf of the other stunty teams: TTM restricted to titchy players.

No thanks. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Duder wrote:

The real "boost" is a nerf of the other stunty teams: TTM restricted to titchy players.

No thanks. Smile

That was last year's playtest, they removed that from the changes. So fear not.
Sammler_der_Seelen

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres was fun in Lrb4 ,give them the goblins back plus 8 Ogres and i think all is fine.At moment they are simple unplayable.My Two Cents.
Argram

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

More Ogres should do the trick, the old LB4 teams seem to be doing OK.

An alternative to just increasing the number of Ogres is to add some wonderfully misadjusted positionals.

An Ogre Catcher for 20k extra with catch and A access, and an Ogre Thrower for 20k extra with pass and P access.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Just give them g access that should do the trick
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

6 ogres are enough but replace the snots with goblins.

xnoelx wrote:

3. ????
4. Profit.

It's not just not wanting to use them it's also not wanting to play against them either.

The CRP+ CPOMB nerf might help the ogres a bit.
I suppose you could keep snots and go to 8 ogres.

Last edited by koadah on Jan 15, 2013 - 07:42; edited 1 time in total
Igvy

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

10k cheaper ogres + return of the goblins.

Even it was just 4 goblin positionals.
 Jump to: