19 coaches online • Server time: 03:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Or the other way to go is once again a new roster. They allready introduced the Chaos pact team, a mix raced team. So you bring back the 2ED ogre team which was 8 ogres mixed with chaos humans. There you go, the Ogre CRP team. 0-8 Ogres and 0-4 Marauders and 0-4 snotlings and 0-16 Goblins. (goblins are 0-16 because they are the J-men on the squad)

That is the roster, rename the current Ogre team, snotling and all is well.

Can't tell if trolling or being serious. *hrm*

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
PainState wrote:
Or the other way to go is once again a new roster. They allready introduced the Chaos pact team, a mix raced team. So you bring back the 2ED ogre team which was 8 ogres mixed with chaos humans. There you go, the Ogre CRP team. 0-8 Ogres and 0-4 Marauders and 0-4 snotlings and 0-16 Goblins. (goblins are 0-16 because they are the J-men on the squad)

Can't tell if trolling or being serious. *hrm*

No, Iam dead on serious...they broke the damn so to speak with the CRP Pact team. Why not go all in and bring back some of the 2ED mixed race rosters? They obviously did that and made a roster that makes the Chaos All stars make sense. Why not do the same for the only Ogre team that played in 2ED? They did it for the underworld also. Had to make a roster to make the Underworld Creepers CRP compliant. But Ogres? nope, to OP I quess or they thought who in their right mind would like to play a real mixed race Ogre lineup?

And yes I was mistaken, I thought titchy allowd snots to be throw out to long range, it does not. So they even gimped the snotlings from the previous snotlings. My NUFFLE, they took the gimp bat and even wacked the snotlings in the end.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

That was a college team though, not a NAF team. And actually 2 college teams had Ogres on them.

I play the troll team (with snotlings) and it truly is terrible (as they should be). There's no reason not to make the Trolls 0-16, as you'd have to be a complete idiot to play more than 7 at the same time.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What about the Oldenheim Ogres...they were one of the 32 NAF 2ED teams. I will need to pull out my old 2ED rule book which listed all the 32 teams and what confrence/div they played in...There was a Ogre mixed race team in the main 32 teams.

Death wish was a Troll/Goblin team that they refrenced in the Star Player manual that played in one of the lesser confrences.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
No, Iam dead on serious...they broke the damn so to speak with the CRP Pact team. Why not go all in and bring back some of the 2ED mixed race rosters? They obviously did that and made a roster that makes the Chaos All stars make sense. Why not do the same for the only Ogre team that played in 2ED? They did it for the underworld also. Had to make a roster to make the Underworld Creepers CRP compliant. But Ogres? nope, to OP I quess or they thought who in their right mind would like to play a real mixed race Ogre lineup?

You're advocating a team that can field 8 ogres and 3 marauders - with a marauder sub.

That's not being serious. You're diluting the discussion [which has many very viable ideas] with utter nonsense and if you don't know that then you need to go sit in a corner wearing a hat labelled D.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, if you were going for a mixed race team, it would probably have to be 0-4 ogres, and even then I doubt you could ever allow anything with strength 3 that had any non G access skills.

So toss that idea out.

I like 0-8 ogres, 0-4 goblins, 0-16 snotlings.

I like 0-8 ogres, 0-16 snotlings with old titchy (extra players and thrown further) even better, even if it isn't quite proper fluff.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
PainState wrote:

You're advocating a team that can field 8 ogres and 3 marauders - with a marauder sub.

That's not being serious. You're diluting the discussion [which has many very viable ideas] with utter nonsense and if you don't know that then you need to go sit in a corner wearing a hat labelled D.

PainState, don't forget that Pact and Under Worlders are not actually part of CRP.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

On the last podcast of three die block they talked about a set of basic rules for making a custom team. Might be an idea to use that in order to balance a new ogre team.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
PainState, don't forget that Pact and Under Worlders are not actually part of CRP.

True in the strict sense...But I can make a CP or UW team none the less on FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
What about the Oldenheim Ogres...they were one of the 32 NAF 2ED teams. I will need to pull out my old 2ED rule book which listed all the 32 teams and what confrence/div they played in...There was a Ogre mixed race team in the main 32 teams.

Death wish was a Troll/Goblin team that they refrenced in the Star Player manual that played in one of the lesser confrences.

You obviously didn't read my earlier post.....

Oldheim Ogres were Ogres and Goblins, and the original lrb concept was based off of them.

Death Wish were Trolls and Snotlings. How official they were is hard to say.....I don't remember anything about them bar them playing the Assassins on the back cover. However that's enough for me to class them as canon.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

What about making 2 of the ogres, pro ogres or something can't think of a name at the moment. Remove bonehead and give them G access.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
What about making 2 of the ogres, pro ogres or something can't think of a name at the moment. Remove bonehead and give them G access.

I think this would be over characterisation. Better would be to allow a certain amount of goblins back in, instead.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Galak felt goblins were on too many rosters. So Im guessing this may be why they changed to snotlings, he kind of has a point, but as has been said many times the roster has been broken completely now.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Oldheim Ogres had human throwers and linemen.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really see that as any reason let alone a good one. All rosters play very differently and does anyone really feel they're on too many rosters?
 Jump to: