53 coaches online • Server time: 19:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do we solve the TR problem in the non EU division
For this season we make a mixed premier division
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
We do nothing and let the new teams meet the old
66%
 66%  [ 20 ]
I have my own idea which I will write below
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

Hovring

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a problem with next season. The plan about making a non EU premier division is in danger due to very large TR differences. Brand new teams will be matched against TR 150 teams.

We can solve this in two ways as I see it and I think a vote is required so that the peoples voice can be heard.
Perox

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

As I see it, the handicap table is there for a reason: to facilitate play between teams of different TR.

Perox.
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just let them meet each other. Its funny. Hard, but who cares on tourney teams anyway?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind playing higher team ratings untill I get a handicap result which fumbbl does not support Razz
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:
Just let them meet each other. Its funny. Hard, but who cares on tourney teams anyway?

Trust me when I say that a lot of people care. You probably noticed last season how people wanted training matches to catch up with the teams in playoffs? Well, that discussion start again once TR150 teams start meeting TR100 teams.

I for one don't care. There a million reasons I lose, TR is just another added to the list, and at least then I know it wasn't stupid double 1's on gfi or double skull blocks. But I'm not the one who have to play in this group.

Is the time difference that big a problem that there have to be a US and/or eastern group? That would fix the problem, if teams could be mixed freely and six of them weren't forced together because of geographical location. Or is that just me?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah! TR is not a big deal.... you want to play? Then play...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the general consensus to just let them be. Let them pray to their Handicap Gods! Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Chappy

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say teams have to get under a certain TR (150 maybe?) to play in the next season. Kind of a player turnover rule.
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Chappy wrote:
I'd say teams have to get under a certain TR (150 maybe?) to play in the next season. Kind of a player turnover rule.

Not entirely fair to the teams that were in the playoffs.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

well why cant new teams be placed into a a Trainning pool where they can play eachother ie 5 games max or something like that which should bring them up to standard.... dunt care what u guys say a Blodge catcher is hard as hell for a new team to down....then assuming you didnt get guard on 2-3 of your blitzers.. new teams will be food for the old ones.... perhaps a though for next season when (something to set up during this season???)
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This season, we should leave it as is. But next season, or even two from now, when the TR are getting above 200, something might need done. A few training games for new teams, or allowing new teams to have a longer season than old teams. But I am not one to plan ahead, so for now, let them eat cake.
Ug

Post 6 Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm okay with some TR differences initially, but I want to minimize them.

How about all experienced teams are required to reduce to 11 players through retirement (not assistant coaches) and burn all money (through hiring and fire cheerleaders)?

This will let teams keep their fun developed players and let new teams have more of a chance of being competitive Mr. Green (I'm a new team coach, can ya tell?) Wink

Looking forward to playing!
 Jump to: