19 coaches online • Server time: 03:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

In an effort to bridge the Sea of Claws, the nobility of Bretonnia financed a new blood bowl tournament. Teams from across the Old World were invited to come and represent either Albion or Bretonnia in their quest for the Old World Challenge Cup.

For more information, please see the group page.

Kislev Conference Opens for Season IV

The Old World Challenge Cup is looking for a few new coaches to replace out-going teams before the start of our fourth season.

We're a small-ish league (28 coaches) with an unusual format - a short swiss-style league followed by knock-out tournaments - that guarantees a fast and furious season, with everything to play for even at the end of the season!

New teams will start in the new second-tier Kislev Conference, and will have the chance to work their way up to the top over the next couple of seasons. Can you build your team up, and eventually challenge the dominance of current champions, the Barak Varr Goldlords?

If you can play in European-friendly times, and either have past league experience or have been around on FUMBBL for a while, you're exactly who we are looking for! Send me a PM to apply.

Last edited by gjopie on %b %13, %2013 - %18:%Sep; edited 17 times in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to mention, if we get enough interest to get it going, anyone with graphical skills to make a logo, cups, etc. would be very welcome!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

New teams?
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Araznaroth wrote:
New teams?

Yes, new teams. Sorry, should've mentioned that.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, you may have to excuse the ignorance.

Which races are allowed? Any?

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Sorry, you may have to excuse the ignorance.

Which races are allowed? Any?

Yes, all races allowed, but only 2 of each in the league, allocated by draft before the start. Any only one of each in each conference.

So, at the beginning, all coaches pm their top 5 choices in order. We'll go through them in a random order, allocating each coach to their top available race. It may turn out that everyone gets their number one choice; I suspect a few might have to settle for their second or third.
JanekT

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Always up for more [L] action, count me in.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

JanekT wrote:
Always up for more [L] action, count me in.

Great, that's 3 so far - just 13 to go!

When you get a chance, send me a PM with your top 5 preferred races.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm, I've wanted a good league to play in for a while. I'm in an American time zone, but I don't have any classes on Fridays or Weekends, and I think I probably have enough breaks in between classes to fit in games on the other days. If there's no problem with that, I'd like to join.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not use all the other optional house rules? Is it not possible to nerf cpomb yet?

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have applied.

It suits me as my time zones are almsot exclusively between 2000-0000 Server time due to work and children.

I have played over 1000 [L] games and much prefer to play in a league as opposed to casual games.

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds interesting, and Ive been looking for a league Smile
moonrally

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I've been looking for a UK time zone league, I've not played many games on here but I've always played my league games. 7pm - 12pm bbt is pretty much perfect for me as I'm in the UK and if I'm in work I usually always get home 7pm bbt. I'll PM you with my teams when I've had a think about them Smile
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

@Drrek - That should be fine. As long as you are flexible to European timezones, you're welcome.

@bghandras - Yes, we could also include the rule that modifiers don't affect Piling On, if the group are keen.

@Russo - I'd love to have you on board; since we're limiting races to max two of the same in the league (for diversity), we're running a draft at the beginning of the season. The hope is that everyone gets their first choice, but they might have to settle for second or third. If you're still interested, would you mind PM'ing me your list of top five preferred races (in order), rather than applying a team to the group yet? Thanks!

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

We are currently at 8 coaches: myself, Chainsaw, JanekT, Vesikannu, murgabot, Drrek, uzkulak, and moonrally. Plus Russo hopefully.

Just need 7/8 more, and we can get going!