51 coaches online • Server time: 17:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Leilond

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

HERE YOU ARE the post match entry for Foul Peak Crawlers vs Karak Raziak Ironclads
Match report
560 Inducements
Star player Skitter stab stab
Star player Glart Smashrip Jr.
2 bloodweiser babes
1 line rat mercenary
The strategy I had in mind was to stay far from him and all his four mighty blow players, trying to hit and run with Glart Smarship and his claws
The two star players and the mercenary should be enought to deply 11 players at least for two or three drives
FIRST HALF
The match started as I thought, giving pitch to the dwarf, than I tried a couple of blitzes and blocks, but non went well
Until my opponent managed to mark enought of my players, kill Glart, knock out another 4 players, and forcing me to leave the half. I fled with all my players, leaving them to score and hoping for an OTT
The OTTD didn't worked, because I couldn't try it... a perfect defence
SECOND HALF
I surrendered to the idea that I could not win, thus I decided to play for a draw
The ball landed in the middle of my half. Picked up and retreated all my rats, except two lines on the LOS (the third was a gutter that dodged away)
My opponent advanced with all his dwarves, but without any go for it, thus I could lose another turn retreating until my very end line, near the left wing side
When my opponente advanced with all his players, I reversed the attack side, marked a couple of his players to slow them, and going with all the others on the right side
My opponent hand't enought players to keep that side because part of them, with their MA5, was to far. When his runner blodger tripped trying to dodging away from the shadowing skitter stab stab, I launched all my gutters in the hole and managed to lose all the time until turn 8 and tie the game

I'm sure it was a dull match for my opponent. But the skill difference between our two teams was really too much and the lost of Glart so early in the match was a key moment for me to surrender to a tie
Leilond

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

New pre match entry for my team blog
HERE

You can find it in the TEAM BIO too
gjopie

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one Leilond. Your team bio is amazing and growing nicely!

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Post match blog entry for Foul Peak Crawlers vs Der Green Tide Yoof Sekshun
You also find the "fluff" report in the team bio, as well as my blog
Match report
150k inducements for the rats
1 bloodweiser babes
1 wandering abos
Really understimated my opponent that nearly managed to tie the game, dispite the result
FIRST HALF
The goblin won the coin toss and let me start. I positioned badly and gave my opponent a 1d block on the ball carrier. Luckly the ball was set free, but the goblins weren't able to pickup it. I manage to take it, and score. In the next drive some bad dodges by the goblins let me hit the ball and score again in turn 8.
SECOND HALF
The goblin played very well and I really understimated them, making some very superficial moves that my opponent used wisely to score the 2-1.
At this time I was a bit short on players and wasn't able to properly defend the ball handler, a blitzer blodger. My opponent 2d blitzed it, with a couple of go for it, recovered the ball and manage a great 5+ pass to a catcher, that run in TD range. Only my thrower was near enought to try a 1 go for it blitz. Thanks to the horned rat I took for him block instead of accurate in the last skillup and the goblin went down. Recovered the ball, going with a gutter out of any blitz range, while some rats run in TD range. The goblin, in the attempt to mark and make my moves more difficult, failed an important dodge and my gutter was able to 3+ pass to a linerat that catched it a scored.

It was a very entertaining match, with very fun chat with my opponent, insulting each other team and players, as it should be wen rats and greenskins meet on the pitch.
It was a real pity that the goblin wasn't able to score the 2-2 (only two turn left for me to win), they deserved it and it could be a memorable play, but it is a competition and I obviously had to do my best to win.
Hakawarrior

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been inspired to report the foul deeds of the Doom Glade Swamp-Risers as a message to the rest of the Kislev Division.

Coach Hakawarrior has used his necro-haka to raise a team of fallen swamp warriors to do his bidding and enter the OWCC. Led by the team captain Mummy Muddy Bandages and Vice captain Swampsum Wrappings they are on a mission to prove they are the best warriors in the swamp.

First round was an even battle against Black water Bullfrogs. They were competive with their leaping around but ultimately were squished and fell with a 2-1 victory to the swamp-risers.

Second round was versus a more experienced Human team. Putting his ogre out turn 1 and having to use his apo put them on the back foot straight away. Having a wizard up their sleeve helped immensely. They too fell to the side with a 2-0 victory and putting the swamp-risers at 2-0.

Round 3 is a Swamp derby match against an very experienced Dark Elf team. With a probable 400k in inducements this looks like it is shaping up to be a brutal game. Hakawarrior is looking forward to the top of the table clash.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hakawarrior wrote:
I have been inspired to report the foul deeds of the Doom Glade Swamp-Risers as a message to the rest of the Kislev Division.

Coach Hakawarrior has used his necro-haka to raise a team of fallen swamp warriors to do his bidding and enter the OWCC. Led by the team captain Mummy Muddy Bandages and Vice captain Swampsum Wrappings they are on a mission to prove they are the best warriors in the swamp.

First round was an even battle against Black water Bullfrogs. They were competive with their leaping around but ultimately were squished and fell with a 2-1 victory to the swamp-risers.

Second round was versus a more experienced Human team. Putting his ogre out turn 1 and having to use his apo put them on the back foot straight away. Having a wizard up their sleeve helped immensely. They too fell to the side with a 2-0 victory and putting the swamp-risers at 2-0.

Round 3 is a Swamp derby match against an very experienced Dark Elf team. With a probable 400k in inducements this looks like it is shaping up to be a brutal game. Hakawarrior is looking forward to the top of the table clash.

This can be a damn fun match
Looking forward to see the replay of the match!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2015 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The Expats are resigned to do it, but they feel they must report the 3-0 Elves of Albion as the team to beat in the Albion Conference.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3670462

Expats went up 1-0 on a defensive score and stall (even having the luxury of skilling a Saurus!), and things looked rosy receiving the 2nd half, but the low-TV leapers had too many weapons to stop them all (and some unlucky non-Cas BH's of their top 2 Sauri didn't help).

(In truth, just a couple specific dice rolls made all the difference - a snaked GFI to Blitz the ball on each side negated each other, but EoA made an Ag 4 Sure Hands 4+ pickup in 2 TZ's to score where the Expats failed the same roll to tie the game T16.)

If they can survive their next 2 opponents with their best players (mostly) intact, they're my bet to win Albion regular season - and depending on who they face post-season, perhaps the whole ball of wax. And without much Tackle, it'll take some lucky bash to stop them. Fortunately, I'll bet on their last 2 opponents being (in order) the Wasters and then the Faroahs - so we'll just have to see.

(Expats had a MB Tackler and MB Frenzyer and got a few BH's & an MNG, but too little, too late, felt like we barely scratched that AV 7 paint - frustrating.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2015 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the report!
I watched the reply and it was a strange dice match
The blitz in the cage in the second half was really amazing and lucky (4+ dodge, pow, 4+ pass)... but the final blitz in turn 7 of the second half I think has been too easy allowed... the ball carriere wasn't enought protected (only a 3+ dodge with dodge skill to get 2d at him)

Lizards REALLY need another couple of tackler (at least one, before everything else).
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2015 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If I'd have thought it thru better the Krox would have been down 1 square - that was a mistake, no argument.

Leilond wrote:
The blitz in the cage in the second half was really amazing and lucky (4+ dodge, pow, 4+ pass)...

That was a back-breaker. And not pulling off the same 4+ SH Pickup later spelled the loss, not the walk-in tie.

Lizards need everything, that's the problem, and there are only 6 of them who can get G skills, and they skill s...l...o...w...l...y..., very slowly. Expats currently have 2 Tacklers + a couple DT skinks, that's the best one can hope for without sacrificing in other categories. Gotta remember that against many teams, Tackle is largely a useless skill. Confused

Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2015 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
If I'd have thought it thru better the Krox would have been down 1 square - that was a mistake, no argument.

Leilond wrote:
The blitz in the cage in the second half was really amazing and lucky (4+ dodge, pow, 4+ pass)...

That was a back-breaker. And not pulling off the same 4+ SH Pickup later spelled the loss, not the walk-in tie.

Lizards need everything, that's the problem, and there are only 6 of them who can get G skills, and they skill s...l...o...w...l...y..., very slowly. Expats currently have 2 Tacklers + a couple DT skinks, that's the best one can hope for without sacrificing in other categories. Gotta remember that against many teams, Tackle is largely a useless skill. Confused

You should have taken the second tackle before building the frenzy killer
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2015 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Feel free to build a Lizard team the way you want to. (Have you ever actually developed a Lizard team? I see none on your home page on this site.) Confused

You have to remember that Lizards are not like other teams, where you can have 3 Tacklers and still have a half-dozen other players for other special development. You have 6 - that's it. With 3 Tacklers as a priority, that's half your players, and you are then weak in other areas - no thanks. (Maybe by Skill #5 or 6, sure - but not #2 or even #3, not for half my 6 "linemen".)

Me, I find MUCH more utility in a St 4 Frenzy than a "may be useful against Dodge-spam" 3rd Tackler. Unless a Tackler also has Break Tackle, they can only block what's in front of them - and Dodgers can choose those targets. And if they're free, then usually one of my other 2 can get there too, and do a better job of it.

More, in the past, there have not been a lot of high-Dodge teams in Albion or the OWCC, so not much call for a lot of Tackle. I have 2 - one heavy hitter, one Wrackler - that's usually ample. So, again, Frenzy >> Tackle #3.
Lastly, the Sauri kind of build themselves, at least as far as gaining spp go. Even when scoring with them, I only rarely can pick and choose which one is free and in range to try to score with, so I'm happy that ANY get spp, in any order.

Do Rats and Elfs give the Expats problems? Yep, almost every time. But the 2 Tacklers (combined w/ DT Skinks) give them problems, and Tackle is often wasted vs. other teams, so "more Tackle" would be an even bigger waste.

So, thanks for the advice, but I'm comfortable with my development plan as it stands. Wink

Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2015 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You surely know lizard better than me, that's a fact
Sorry if my opinion looked like too "intrusive"
I saw only one tackler, like I said
Quote:

You should have taken the second tackle before building the frenzy killer

Now that you pointed me out that you already have two, I can only agree with you about the builds

I made the same thing with Chaos, two Block+Tackle immediately, then develope the rest of the team and after I feel confortable, add a third one

For the match, like I said, the four crucial points was
1) The 4+dodge/pow blitz/4+ pickup in the middle of second half
2) The too open 2d blitz to ballhandler in turn 7
3) The failed 4+ pickup by the skink

You lost the game there

Wink
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2015 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven Vs Slann pre-match meeting HERE!!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2015 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I've updated the all-time player records for the league - you can see them by visiting the main page and clicking on "Player Records".

Main changes: Urdithane has dropped off the records page entirely, as has his team-mate Tomas Bot - only Siemon remains from the terrifying Uzkulak Pirates. We also have a new Dirtiest Player, and he is still active - gulp!

I think we've got the most active record holders at the moment than we've had in a while. Interesting times.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The great bashing 2-0 that Western Oblast Raiders Emsk inflicted to Doom Glades Rangers in THIS MATCH completely changed the Kislev top positions.

The Dark elf team had to leave the first place (kept since the beginning) to humans, and the Undead (now 3rd but with a match to play and with TD difference/Cas difference now much better than Darkies) have the opportunity to surpass them and take the second place, with only the CAS diff to make them 2nd and not 3rd

The Conference that after 3 matches looked "signed" to be won by the elf, can become a big final brawl, depending on the result of the next matches. Even the Orcs, that looked a bit in difficulty after two consecutive loss, seems able to aim at the playoff. Only the goblin seems to be out of the fight, and only one between Slann and Skaven can hope to throw them in the brawl, but only a victory can make this happen and thus only one of this two teams is expected to have decent chance to be promoted
 Jump to: