53 coaches online • Server time: 16:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
poundfist

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, pay no attention to the Snots (who does really?), but check these Ogres out:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=448683

Now if I can get the win percentage back up to 33% I will be pretty happy with them ...
hale

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are certainly a fine bunch of ogres sir, and keep fighting the good fight!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Triple Nig -av Snot FTW

Razz
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice, all you need now is a +ag one with sure hands to make a reliable (well as reliable as you can... afterall they are ogres) ball carrier

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah so far no luck on the +AG. I have considered Tackle for a second Doubles skill, just to deal with some of those ornery little ball thieves, but honestly I don't know if there's much Ogres can do to be a serious winning team. You are probably right about Sure Hands. Ideally it would come to one of the guys who already had Break Tackle.

Been thinking about another reroll, but so much money ... maybe Leader on the next Snot to roll doubles.

Love the Triple-Niggled AV- Snotling. So far he fouls as much as I can until he's kicked out, but if he's ever hit, he explodes like a Burmese soldier in Rambo.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm amazed you don't use the +1MA snot as the ball carrier, but that's just my play style I guess. If he had sprint and SF instead of DT he'd be able to score reliably from 9 squares out, barring snake eyes.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wanna play?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome stuff, muchos respect.

I'm new to ogre coaching, and i'd love to spectate one of your games to see how it's done. I'll look out for them.
DanielM75

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, grats, very nice.
hale

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed I think a snotling ball carrier would work well for you while you occupy sidelines with all those stand firm beasts. I'd put Frenzy on one or two of them and really make sidelines a problem for opponents
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

hale wrote:
Indeed I think a snotling ball carrier would work well for you while you occupy sidelines with all those stand firm beasts. I'd put Frenzy on one or two of them and really make sidelines a problem for opponents

Unfortunately frenzy is a double roll, and ogres need doubles for more basic stuff (block, pro, tackle, dodge...)

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Frenzy is a Doubles roll as well. I was hoping to have a M6 Sprint Sure Feet guy but the DT came before the MA+ Maybe in the future. as it is, now they fail the 3+ landing a lot of the time, or suffer terrible scatter rolls, and I am essentially just throwing the ball away. Often no matter what I might have done, the kick is just too deep to get it from pick up to hand off. I wish instead of Wrestle (though that has been useful) I had thought to give a Doubles roll Snot Kick Off Return. Anyway, my experience has been that the TTM route is a difficult way to get TDs with 5 MA.

I have tried scoring with the Ogres as much as possible for SPP, and to score with Snots only as necessary. But now that the Ogres have reached the goal of all Block, it's time to try building up a snot or two. And hopefully no more Ogres die; I lost a Block / Guard / Pile On Ogre several games ago ...

Paddymick, what has worked for me, and keep in mind this is a losing team of course, is to keep the Ogres close together, to capitalize on high strength and Guard, not to worry too much about the snotlings, and always aim for 3-die hits where possible. Since Bonehead happens, every Ogre hit is important, and player removal is paramount. It's not a friendly team: we foul, we Pile On nearly every time we break armour, and sometimes even when we don't.

but mostly the good games involve a deal of luck. A failure from your opponent, not rolling the Bonehead when you really need a play, Blocks removing players, fouls not resulting in too many Snots kicked off. This is a great example of a good luck game, where by the end my opponent gave up trying terribly hard to stop me scoring the winning TD, out of an effort to spare his players more hits:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3386181
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

cool, ill watch that when i get a chance
good advice

another thing i think helps is when opponents underestimate you and you can take them by surprise, eg. break tackle blitz, or 2d snot blocks

never thought about kick off return, wish i had taken it on my leader snot instead of wrestle
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I trimmed mine down to the reduced expectations of CRP: Maysrill's Ogres, the Titans With Style.

Team is basically 2 Blackle ogres, an AG5 snotling (nee goblin), and a ton of wannabes.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
poundfist

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Crazy. I like how you keep the TV down, but I wouldn't want all those snots.
 Jump to: