86 coaches online • Server time: 22:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing the online game and my opponet threw his goblin and the goblin fell over but a turnover did not occur goblin did have the ball

Is this right
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry correction the goblin did not have the ball

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If the gobbo doesn't have the ball thaen it's not a turnover if he doesn't land on his feet, or if he gets fumbled.
Tor_Libram

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is is just me, or are Ogres etc allowed to throw team mates when they're only ST5 on here? Could have sworn the LRB mandates ST6.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. It's not str based, it's a racial skill you cannot ever gain or lose.

The Finishing Touch
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB P.8 Turnovers :-

2. A player on the moving team is knocked over or falls down.

However, on page 23 (throwing team mates) it states that if the player fails to land it is not a turnover unless he has the ball. However, if the throw is fumbled and the throwee is knocked over, this should be a turnover.

Clear as mud. Smile
leviathan

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Throw team mate is a stupid tactic to use in javabowl because with big guys not being allowed to use rerolls, it is more likely to kill your goblin and cause a turnover than anything else. Along with the absence of special weapons it makes goblin teams the weakest in the game.
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

leviathan wrote:
Throw team mate is a stupid tactic to use in javabowl because with big guys not being allowed to use rerolls, it is more likely to kill your goblin and cause a turnover than anything else. Along with the absence of special weapons it makes goblin teams the weakest in the game.

But it's fun though!!! Laughing
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Throwing a halfling has stopped many a touchdown (both for and against:)) It is very usefull imean they only move 5. You need that extra distance to run down other players. Or when your playing dwarves you need the extra distance to get away Wink
Lenoxx

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you throw your team mate at an opposing player? If so that would be very useful in taking down people going for a TD and fun with goblins and halflings Laughing . Also if you have sure feet can you use that re-roll for when your player is landing after being thrown.
TamperMagnitude

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Lenoxx wrote:
Can you throw your team mate at an opposing player? If so that would be very useful in taking down people going for a TD and fun with goblins and halflings Laughing . Also if you have sure feet can you use that re-roll for when your player is landing after being thrown.

No and No. Sorry. You can throw a player to an adjacent square and hope they scatter into an opponent, but not directly at them.
darkersun

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

leviathan wrote:

Still BG's can use Pro so it's a good tactic...Wink
Khaan

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you have a +agi stunty and a BG with pass the tactic of throwing a team mate to score is highly unlikely to succeed.

You usually have to succeed at a handover to a stunty somewhere near the BG, the BG has to be unengaged so he can stroll over and pick up the stunty which includes passing his bonehead roll, and in some cases you have to resist eating the lil fellow, then at best you have a 4+ roll on misthrowing the stunty about 7 squares. Correct throw is usually a 6+. Then the stunty has to land, another 4+ unless he's landing in tackle zones, which can often be the case.

So as you see pulling off a TTM is pretty damn hard. Even with pro/rerolls.

I still advocate that stunties need a special 'Crash Helmet' skill. This would give them a +1 on landing rolls and +1 on armor rolls when you throw them at others. The ability to target others and not just trust in scatter would be nice too. Twisted Evil
Sigellius

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Big guys ought to be able to intercept airmail, too.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2003 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually TTM works well Smile. Injuring or killing players by throwing a stunty to adjacent squares too. And yes, I tried both lots using javabb Smile.

I have the feeling there is a slight bug with it though - but it's hard to prove or even to re-do. Had about three or four instances where a ttm _and_ the landing worked (with or without re-roll) but the stunty scattered right back where he came from, assumingly (how likely are the chances for that? One time maybe, four times .... dunno). That or the TTM throw didn't happen ar all. Whatever the reason - the result was that the stunty stayed right where it was. As I said, it will be hard to re-produce, and I don't know if it _really_ is a bug - it just seems too unlickely that they end up exactly where they start. And ttm seems to work most of the time of course.

-Mnemon
 Jump to: