29 coaches online • Server time: 01:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ilpars

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos pact could be more funner if team also has

0-1 Chaos warrior
0-1 Beastman
0-1 Chaos dwarf
0-1 Hobgoblin

In that way you could have a 11 man team all from a different race.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, most pact teams end up being 1 Elf ball carrier and 10 - 12 Marauders >.<
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

but Chaos Pact didnt have those players in their team.

If you are going by the 2nd ed chaos pact roster it should include some human blitzers and throwers and P access should be removed from the Marauders.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The pact roster is a brilliant on paper. The unfortunate thing is it's so abuseable.

On paper it has more diversity than any roster. In practice it's the most boring and 1 dimensional piece of crap in the game.

Leader is of course a problem. Something should happen to Leader. Either it being made a trait of some sort or have a revamp in what it actually does (personal reroll like pro but without success roll maybe).

ilpars idea I dislike, as it cuts into other rosters to some extent. However something should be done about them if ever there was a rules revamp.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to be honest the more I play any of the new rosters the more I dislike them, Pact and Slann both feel like cookie cutter rosters. Very gimmicky.

I don't have anything bad to say about Underworld but the little experience I have had against them they just seem terrible.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann seems to be doing ok. But it is alittle like Vamps. Just rolling dice nad hoping the 1/2 dosnt come up when leaping.
ilpars

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: How can I find old materials? Old rosters, old books? Is there an online info? I do not know the old info. I know Warhammer history though.

Suggestion: Why not limit the number of marauders further? 0-10 Marauders maybe. So to have a full team coach has to hire other races.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the problem with pact is

a) roster specific: the price (big guys are too expensive)
b) crp/game specific: the cheap access problem (tv wise cheap access to lots of skills for marauders)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Pact and Underworld were based off of 2 2nd edition teams rather than races. Chaos Allstars and Underworld Creepers. The 2 teams appeared in the 2nd edition book Star Players.

Back then humans were humans. There were no Chaos Warriors or Beastmen. So the human team was either good or chaotic, with the chaotic team getting 2nd ed mutations, which were much more complex.

So the team had a troll, ogre, mino, goblin a DE (he was a catcher IIRC) a few star players, a couple of human mutants and then standard human positionals.

I think the translation job that the BBRC did was very good, it really is the Chaos Allstars for CRP. Just there are some rule problems that mean the roster isn't used how it was intended.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Which rosters wouldn't become more varied and fun if you added 3 new players? Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I love chaos pact. They are quite diverse. Chaos also have only 2 positionals and end up being one of the most diverse races in the end. If you want.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

ilpars wrote:
Chaos pact could be more funner if team also has

0-1 Chaos warrior
0-1 Beastman
0-1 Chaos dwarf
0-1 Hobgoblin

In that way you could have a 11 man team all from a different race.

I would change marauders by +10k, the three big guys by -20k, and remove strength access from marauders. IMO that would put the roster closer to what is on paper, and I think it would lead to more interesting builds.
uuni

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

For diversity, I think Galak's proposition of new traits was interesting: have Block, Dodge, Guard, Leader and Claw only be accessible only if the player had appropriately General, Agility, Strength, Passing and Mutation regular access available and the player rolled doubles for skill roll.

That would reduce the regular skill picks. Would Wrestle and Side Step proliferate? It would surely be a different game...
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:

I would change marauders by +10k, the three big guys by -20k, and remove strength access from marauders. IMO that would put the roster closer to what is on paper, and I think it would lead to more interesting builds.

If you are taking away strength do you still need to add 10k? POMB will cost extra as it needs doubles.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:

Like that really makes any sense at all.

Beastmen the same cost but also have horns and S access? Pact would be awful. 3 big guys is probably worse than 1 and 4 warriors.

If you want to turn them into a pile of dung, though, it's a great idea.

Jump to: