39 coaches online • Server time: 14:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2013 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hear ye! Hear ye!
The Goblin Cheater nation is not-so-humbly demanding your presence at the annual Exploding Cup, kicking off on February 27th. In years past, the Cup was relegated to a few tribes blowing each other up for fun, but the Cheaters aren't happy with eviscerating only themselves, and have decided to expand their venture for more mayhem!

See new places! Meet new races! Blow them all up!
--------------------
Tournament starts on February 27th. Applications are open now at the Exploding Cup Qualifiers page.

This tournament is for any rookie [S] team. All applicants must have zero games played.

The Exploding Cup will be preceded by between 8 to 16 Qualifying Tournaments, of up to 8 teams each. These Qualifying Tournaments will be either King of the Hill, or Swiss draw, dependent on a coin toss before the start of the tournament.

More information on the Qualifiers can be found at the Exploding Cup Qualifiers group page. The winner of each of these qualifiers will gain an extra MVP and be admitted into the prestigious final tournament as long as they play no more than 3 games after playing their qualifier final.

Additionally, if there are fewer than 16 qualifiers, a second chance lottery will be drawn, dependent on the type of qualifier, to fill any further team slots.

The second-chance will be drawn as follows:

1) For the King of the Hill, losers from the finals in each qualifier must apply to the main draw tournament. Out of those teams, random drawings will take place to fill up to 16 teams in the final knockout bracket.
2) For Swiss, the second place team in each bracket must apply to the main draw tournament. Out of those teams, random drawings will take place to fill up to 16 teams in the final knockout bracket.

The winners of these Qualifiers, and any second chance winners, will face off in the 'main draw' - a 16 team Weekly Knockout Tournament which will determine the winner of the Exploding Cup.

The final prize is yet to be determined. I should have more info on it by late friday/saturday morning.

Please note. Do not apply to the main tournament, unless you are a tournament winner, or you have a possible second chance entry. Any ineligible teams will be declined.

Be prepared. This guy is.
------------
UPDATE: Feb. 23rd

The Cheater nation has formally announced the prize for this year's cup:

Hugo the Menacing was bred in the cheater's pits for battle. While being inflicted with a regular diet of troll blood injected into his system, he has grown to be a monstrosity. A vile, wide-eyed raving lunatic, frothing at the mouth to get his hands on anything he can. The winner of this year's tournament shall be granted contractual exclusivity to Hugo, as long as you sign this one piece of paper.

Hugo the Menacing - MA6, ST3, AG3, AV8 - Juggernaut, Frenzy, Fan Favourite, Stab, Stakes, Loner, Animosity - General/Strength

Enjoy Smile

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %23, %2013 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Badoek

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2013 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

What's his Secret Weapon roll?

OT: Stunty tournament yay!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2013 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Just applied, thanks for setting this up!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2013 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

I will need to raid the Stunty Leeg coffers to buy the best team an unscrupulous commissionaire can afford.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2013 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This is AWESOME!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Rowdy buff.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

We are in!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cheater nation has formally announced the prize for this year's cup:

Hugo the Menacing was bred in the cheater's pits for battle. While being inflicted with a regular diet of troll blood injected into his system, he has grown to be a monstrosity. A vile, wide-eyed raving lunatic, frothing at the mouth to get his hands on anything he can. The winner of this year's tournament shall be granted contractual exclusivity to Hugo, as long as you sign this one piece of paper.

Hugo the Menacing - MA6, ST3, AG3, AV8 - Juggernaut, Frenzy, Fan Favourite, Stab, Stakes, Loner, Animosity - General/Strength

Enjoy Smile

--j

ImageImage
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ooof Hugo is buff!

Do you get him forever, until death, or is he only on your roster until the next Exploding Cup?

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder which of the teams will be most represented in a Rookie format?

I have no clue to even guess as Iam a stunty neophyte.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The one with the most Pump Wagons surely?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like that the Exploding Cupp has made it official. It was a really fun tournament, and it's lovely we have a nod to a better time in Stunty after the revamp.

Time to get back into the swing of madness. I seem to remember losing two EC finals, it'll be odd to have RRs. Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

there are new stunty teams that i havent even read the rosters for. I went for C-Flings, but am curious to see how the rosters work.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2013 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hugo is yours for along as your team is able to handle his ferocity...or until he gets murdered at the hands of the opposing team.

read: he's yours until death, or retirement Wink

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2013 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
there are new stunty teams that i havent even read the rosters for. I went for C-Flings, but am curious to see how the rosters work.

C'Flings are a great rookie squad with the saws and the Spawns are probably the best starting big guys. Forest Gobbos are quite lethal as rookies, though prone to frailty. Eshin and Skink will be decent too at low TV where scoring is key. Depending on the format, these speed teams could make a good showing. There are lots of others that are good too.

Snotlings can run a 16 man rookie roster if you drop to 2 ogres and run all three wagons. I had my first game ever with them using this setup and it worked well I think.

In the end though, a lot of it will come down to who gets driven into the field fastest. A few good or bad rolls in Stunty can swing a game so wildly anything can happen.
 Jump to: