32 coaches online • Server time: 15:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jonjon

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2013 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi cukes,
I have a team of lizardmen which I am one close click away to retire:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=717317

As you see the next game will de done with 4 sauri...
As I am tired to get proposed only by complete teams of dwarfs or woodies, I am calling if someone has a team not as it's best that would go as a more or les fair game.

I would like to try if it's still possible to save the team.

cheers
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2013 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have some CD for you...

My Team

let me know Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2013 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact they've lost 1 in 8..........I don't think many will feel sorry for you. The term you are looking for however is a 'recovery game'.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2013 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed that HM... I may withdraw my offer... or send the mino on a killing spree Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2013 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Krox, one loss, why retire? Have some clawless and usually clueless Nurgle.
Jonjon

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2013 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't expect anyone to feel sorry or whatever else.
I don't understand what the % of lost game has to do with the fact that I would like to see if this team can be rebuild.

I am not looking for a hugging game (if two Sauri die they die- my precious pixels!!) - that's why I don't like the term "recovery game" (do you recover from a BB game?).
But just it seems that usually peoples retire their teams when they are in a bad shape (and desequilibrated) like that (They are probably right). So it is not trivial to find a more or less fair game - meaning not 12 dwarfs or woodies to have a cool feast on the skinks, and that are the offers I always get.

edit: It's not because of the 1 loss that I would retire them of course!
It's just that the team is completely desequilibrated, the experienced sauri have died, that rebuying the sauri will be very long, and having them skilled even longer.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

this reasoning didnt come across in the OP, my offer still stands of Hobbo/Mino CD's... but not now, Superbowl time now Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

why on earth would you retire them?

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Your scoring too much with skinks, thats why your disequilibrated.

Skinks should never be that far ahead of saurus.

Team looks fine otherwise

Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, just start firing skinks who get 2 skills without a double/stat (or even 1 skill without a double/stat), and you should be good.
highelfmage

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i hope this is a flame post and your team does not need a recover game, its just fine
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have decided to steal onto this thread; my team Shrieking Bloodstorm, http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=650479, is also in need of a recovery game. However, I have NO idea what kind of game to play for a recovery game.

As a note, I am NOT looking for suggestions as to which players to retire. I already know that. But I can't do anything until after my next game.

However, I still want a competitive game. One in which I still have a good shot to win, and one in which Shindahl doesn't have a good chance of dying.

So what kind of team do I play against? (I don't need specific volunteers, just general guidelines - orcs without mighty blow or tackle - will be enough.)
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't retire, if only because that Krox is gold.

Yes, your skinks are too developed. If it were me, and I could, I would fire 7, 9, and 10–– not because they're not good, but because they're pushing into a TV bracket where you're facing too-developed teams.

In my opinion, your first 6 saurus skills should be either Block, Block, Block, Block, Block, Block, or Block, Frenzy, Block, Block, Block, Block. Guard and Break Tackle are flashy, but they're basically stat modifiers. Lizards have good stats–– it's skills that they lack.

I've played and won many games in the box down 2 saurus. Use the extra skink weight to foul them silly, or play highly aggressive and swarm the backfield. This won't work against all teams (Regen teams, or highly mobile teams you should avoid), so be a little picky with the mach-up. But even if your players get send off, you should still be able to force a draw.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No point in retiring the team. There weren't that many saurus spp's lost last game anyway. The underlying issue is that you have too many spp's on the skinks compared to the big lizards. Handing off or picking up with a saurus (5+ roll) works 55% of the time when you can reroll it. Once the sauri get Block as a first skill, they will start to rack up spp's from casualties. And no matter what kinds of skills you get on the skinks (apart from +AG which you already have), there's no way that they will make up for saurus skills.

No way you can retire this team. First reason is that kroxigor and the other one the excellent player names. Skink of Tindalos!
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at your team I don't really see the problem. They could do with more skills on the sauri as mentioned before but that is more of coaching choice than a problem with the team.
 Jump to: