42 coaches online • Server time: 13:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Red7394

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, guys, I'm Red.
I'm quite new here, but I've been playing Bloodbowl for a year or so now, well, close enough.
However, a few months after I started, I had to move about 300 miles away from where I used to play, and that's always a bummer, and to make it worse the town I moved to had nearly no Bloodbowl players!
HOWEVER, they did get me started on a similar game called Dreadball back in November, and I'm just thinking, if the game takes off enough, do you think there'd be a chance of a Dreadball version of FumBBL?

For more information on Dreadball, please visit their webpage; http://www.dreadball.com/

Thanks for your time, guys, and let me know what you think!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Unlikely.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you need to get someone with the skills and time to program it hooked on the game. Smile (and yeah finding someone like that is pretty unlikely)

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Drewyd

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2013 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just purchased kickoff looks like a good game and doesn't line the gw coffers.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2013 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If I were launching a tabletop game of any sort, a Fumbbl version would be high on my list of priorities. Elfball and Dreadball are calling out for it.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2013 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Red7394 wrote:
do you think there'd be a chance of a Dreadball version of FumBBL?

I dunno. Are you prepared to get it started and deal with the lawyers?

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2013 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

From what I've read Dreadball is a simpler game than Bloodbowl so should be easier to code. That being said it is still a monumental task and I dread to think how much it would cost to pay someone to do a java version of Dreadball.

However Mantic seem to be a lot more open to that kind of stuff. You can download their tabletop sci-fi and fantasy wargame rules for free rather than shelling out £60 for them and £30 for each army book.

So might be worth asking on the Mantic forums, you may even get their blessing. Then all you'd have to do is find someone to code it for you.

Jump to: