28 coaches online • Server time: 09:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Tristan Coldfield is the new hotness in JM right now. Every team wants to get their hands on him.

He is the golden JM and any team who is lucky to get him drawn in the JM draft before a match is destined for greatness if you actually use him and dont ignore him because he is JM.

Tristan has taken his celebrity from the WO and turned it into millions allready in endorsements and appearance fees.

SO from this point forward. Any coach who draws Coldfield MUST HIRE HIM AFTER THE MATCH.

WHO CAN MAKE COLDFIELD A LIVING LEGEND and get him from JM to Legend first?

Who can do it?

Will there be many variations of Coldfield....A human, Dark Elf, dorf and goblin Coldfield Legend?

**NOTE**
For the those on the "outside" Coldfield became a living JM legend in the Warpstone Opens final match in spectator chat.

Last edited by PainState on %b %28, %2013 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

On a side note: who has the best JM who was hired and now is a key componet of your team?

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

On my Table top teams, I like to name my J-men after Journey Songs. Andyway YouWannit, Stone InLove, and the ever popular Donstop Believing. I haven't had to go above 3 yet. If that happens I may not be able to do it, as they only had 3 songs.

As for Tristan Coldfield, great idea! I love it more, because I am finally in the loop

Jeffro
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

WOWZA!!!!

Coldfield sighting

last match, Had george running around

My very last match I had a J-man...Tristan's brother, george! Bad match though, only posted 2 turns played on the official "card" and had donuts over the entire stat sheet.

Now we have a variation on a theme forming...Who can gather the Coldfield Clan on one team? How many brothers and cousins does Tristan have?

** I wish I came up with this idea before I set my team..I would have hired him on the spot. **

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that you can change your J-mans name when you hire him onto your team. I believe the past game stats are also changed to show the new name. If that is the case, it would be on an honour system. That doesn't exactly work with everyone on here. I'm in when I get him. I'll be honourable!

Jeffro
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

**NOTE**
For the those on the "outside" Coldfield became a living JM legend in the Warpstone Opens final match in spectator chat.

Yes. Those on the outside; that would be me. =D
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
The problem is that you can change your J-mans name when you hire him onto your team. I believe the past game stats are also changed to show the new name. If that is the case, it would be on an honour system. That doesn't exactly work with everyone on here. I'm in when I get him. I'll be honourable!

If you are that competitive that you must cheat on a fun little side challenge like the Coldfield challenge.

More power to you brother.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I look forward to acquiring Coldfield from others via Rot.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

While he wasn't a Coldfield, Yorick Vilelightning (who changed his last name to something more fashionable upon being hired) is certainly the best journeyman hire I've ever had.

And hey, he killed one of Jan1's Both Down Ballers, so, you can't even put him down for being a claw/mb monkey!

Last edited by Nelphine on %b %28, %2013 - %21:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Igvy

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Coldfield!
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to hire Journeymen that do epic things with the Lanterns, even if it's not what the team needs. My (unwritten) fluff for them is that each "color" is a mask that they wear when they take the pitch, so I feel justified renaming them Very Happy.

Hunter Lantern probably had the most spectacular debut, and was a real pain in my opponents sides for the 18 games he was in the team for. Sadly, I cut him as part of a rebuild, so I never got to see just how good he could be!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Coooldfield!!!!!!!! He was wide open!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I look forward to having a bite if him on my emo team,

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know.....?

Coldfield is the only Star Plaer to have no skills besides Loner.

And his birthday lands on February 27th. It is (now anyways) a milestone in Fumbbl history.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2013 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently had the honour of having Harold Vilefield play on my team.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: