30 coaches online • Server time: 11:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
C3I2

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of disconnects-Suggestions?
Prez

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

well I'm not a font of knowledge, but dare say there are guys here who are a dab hand at these sorts of things....

Pretty sure they are going to need some additional or any other info on what is happening when you have a DC. The more info you can give, the greater possibilty of a quicker resolution for you

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Could be an unstable wireless connection.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Main cause of all disconnections are problems with your wireless connection, so always connect with an ethernet cable if possible. Often you wont realise your wireless is dropping when browsing etc.. because the wireless disconnects and reconnects so quickly these days.

Other issues are latency related usually caused by a rubbish firewall like avg, or zone alarm etc..

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried using a Mac? Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I get the same problem.. It's the wireless issue. If you have a hard connect then that's prolly a whole new can of worms. I think it's about time that I invest in a 25 ft Ethernet cable.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Lots of disconnects-Suggestions?

One common cause is a bad sound card driver, so that the client would disconnect every time a sound played. That can be tested by disabling sound within the client. If that fixes it, then you know you need to update the sound card drivers.
huff

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kryten for the heads up. I'm gonna try that before going out to but a 25ft cord.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Started today, Im on a fixed line. No other connectivity issues, only the client closing down A LOT.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing that happened to me rather a long time ago - my network card drivers were defective, causing me real trouble being able to launch the javabbowl client. It's worth updating drivers for your network card and sound card just to be sure that they are current. This didn't happen with FFB, but it's still work looking at those drivers that can cause mysterious failures.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Started today, Im on a fixed line. No other connectivity issues, only the client closing down A LOT.

get rid of your firewall. I bet that's the problem, if you are connected with ethernet, otherwise it'll be wireless.
Azure

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:

This happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I ran a speedtest (as speedtest.com - or similar) and found out that my internet was at SUPER SLOW speed. So eventually got my ISP to come out and replaced the router - works fine now.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

7,3 MBS or thereabouts. Should not be an issue surely?
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

neoliminal wrote:
Have you tried using a Mac? Evil or Very Mad

Mac pride? Laughing
Use linux! Twisted Evil
lemf

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2013 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

On the speed thing unfortunatly i run on .18Mb/s which can cause a problem. 3G can be erratic but EE is on its way to a lot of areas. Using an ethernet cable is usually better but if the phone line in is of poor quality then the same problem occurs as with the wireless conection.
I am now trying to get away from a BT line and go with a new wireless provider which say they can get me up to 10Mb. Early stages at the moment but working on it.
 Jump to: