30 coaches online • Server time: 01:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
FF changes
Might give it a shot
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
If Iam going to do this, do it right man. Now where did I place my 2ED fan chart?
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Now I have to stay on top of Double 1 and 6 rolls. Oh my, way to much.
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
PIE..the 2ED pie is all moldy and crusty now.
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Mephistodragonbane wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
you know...with all of the changes that people have been suggesting lately....you'd think fumbbl could come up with..oh i dunno...some sort of custom ruleset or something...

nah...who'd want that?...

--j

OR people could just be happy with their free to play website that has so much hard work and dedication put in that no one ever takes the time to say thank you for.

Ok thats it...that last comment sent me so over the freaking top that Iam in the next county.

Lock this thread NOW!!!!!

I cant handle this drivel.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it.

In addition what about there being a chance of gaining:

Chant every time you score (say on a double 6)
Hoolaganism every time you crowd surf a player (say on 11+ on 2D6)
Loyalty every time you come from behind to win (say on 8+ on 2D6)

Also the Fan's Fourite skills favourite skill could be updated:

'Cheerleader' gives +1 Chant
'Hoolagan' gives +1 Hooliganism
'Saltwart' gives +1 Loyalty
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

This is too much.

We houseruled FF slightly one season, you'd think it minor. We tied winnings to Gate, like in the pre-LRB5 days. We liked it better that way, but not enough to justify the houserule.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

More uses for FF would be nice, especially as its now a burden as opposed to a necesity. Bring back the old winnings rolls!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState3 wrote:
LRB3 and beyond attempted to eliminate all the burdensome aspects of 2ED and streamline the game, thus killing off the fluff.

I think you mean 3rd edition (LRB was much later) although there was still quite a lot of fluff in that rulebook. The main fluff issue is that back in the day of boxed Bloodbowl people would get into the background at Games Workshop or Games Clubs. On the internet it is easier for this to get a bit lost.
Good on the likes of Painstate for promoting it.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Mephistodragonbane wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
you know...with all of the changes that people have been suggesting lately....you'd think fumbbl could come up with..oh i dunno...some sort of custom ruleset or something...

nah...who'd want that?...

--j

OR people could just be happy with their free to play website that has so much hard work and dedication put in that no one ever takes the time to say thank you for.

Ok thats it...that last comment sent me so over the freaking top that Iam in the next county.

Lock this thread NOW!!!!!

I cant handle this drivel.

+1

We all know these ideas are a long shot, and will most likely never (ever) come about. I've been an advocate for a LRB Fumbbl since CRP first showed it's ugly head so I know the futility of having this discussion. However...

Discussing new rules can still be good fun.

Some of us have done more than just say thank you for this website, so can you please try and not spoil our fun please? Smile

(I mean, this is not a thread about fixing certain combos or match making schedules or anything like that. So people should be able to handle it without the usual freak outs.)

Thanks!

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me clarify something as related to fluff.

Iam not talking about fluff as in the aspect of the fantasy history of Blood Bowl and the cool facts and teams that have been presented over the years.

Iam talking about fluff in actual game mechanics.

2ED had fluff game mechanics all over the place. Secreat weapons as one example. You could have 5 diffrent death rollers all having their own charts doing diffrent things.

The league Comish of 2Ed was responsible for overseeing all the whacked out special tricks coaches could buy and come up with. It was an open ended process.

"comish I want to buy a acid net for next match to take out his troll. If I hit with the net it auto breaks armor and gives me +4 on the injury roll against trolls."

"Ok, crazy idea, but you can buy it for 200,000 gold for the next match. Most of the cost to repair the field".

Off you went.

In game fluff like that had no rules. Only guidelines and level headed comish.

The rules for post game sequence was a massive flow chart of Fluff. It was fun, great, you had to make choices.

Undead rules? Oh my, they were golden, convoluted and involved. Screamed undead Fluff. BUT was one pain in the butt for the undead coach to keep track of.

What I "pine" for is some middle ground where some of these fluff mechanics find a way back into the game with out the over the top burdesome aspect to them.

** Example that comes to mind...How come CRP dorfs can only buy the "stock" death roller? Why not have 5 death roller variants that they can choose from? **

** How come only Dwarfs can have death rollers again? **

** If you remeber the by gone days of Death Zone. A lot of those special cards where crazy ideas coaches from 2ED came up with. And used on a regular basis. Your own league would make their own special play cards in essence But it would be player based ideas not handed down in some rule book written in granite. **