14 coaches online • Server time: 06:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Would changing the selective nature of Pile On actually change how coaches view/use the skill?

Lets not talk about changing its value(TV) or bring back traits or even the rules of PO.

Just change one aspect of the skill to this.

You must select/choose Pile On BEFORE you roll the block dice.

So you now force the coach to commit to PO before any dice are rolled. Thus the coach knows with %100 certanty that his player will be on the pitch after a succesful block. The only selective nature of the skill would be to reroll the injury roll. You have to reroll failed armor break.

Here is where I coming from on this.

The majority of coaches do not just hit PO all the time, no consideration of situation at all. The Allways hit PO every single time coaches is actually in a small minority. Heck not even WMD in the BOX use PO every single time.

Thus, now forcing coaches to commit to using the skill before they even block IMO a lot of coaches would never take the skill, there is to much unkown now.

The real issue IMO of PO is the ability to selectivly use the skill. Now some say that adds more tactitcal use of the skill and thus more fun. But that is the real issue. The ability to use the skill tactically. Remove the tactical advantage of "use" out of the skill and now a lot more coaches will pass on that skill.

So I would say YES to the question. If you forced coaches to choose to PO before the Block Dice are cast you would see a dramatic drop in the # of PO players running around. In fact I would argue you would see a dramatic drop off of coaches using PO in general for the players who do have it on their team.

Dont change the rules of CRP Pile On..Change the selective nature of the skill.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a necro team that I use for box majors. I only have one killer wolf on it and I prefere to have him hiding on the ground to hide form other C pombers. Some times I am forced to leave him standing as I cause a cas with out usin PO. He might be left exposed if I cannot get sufficient cover. I would love to have him prone at all times (he has jump up). Thu I guess at other times it would not be as great with having to PO before hand but I dont think it would bring around a massive change it would make the skill slightly less good I grant you but would not significantly change the amount of cas

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
maysrill

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If we're changing PO, I'd just remove it.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The goal is to not reduce the # of CAS the goal is to force you to have only one wolf (Qaz's example from above) on the team with PO and then it is up to you to use PO if so choose.

So Qaz basically what you are saying is that if this rule was implimented you would not have 2 wolfs with PO and 2 wights with PO and one of the Flesh Golems with PO. Correct?

(the default 1800+ TV necro team build)

Last edited by PainState on %b %06, %2013 - %18:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:

Fair enough..I believe that thread is about 14 months old.

Learn to use the Forum search button sir.

Very Happy Shocked Smile Confused Surprised

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Help what? People to whine more about Studman killing their team?
Cpomb certainly doesn't make people win anymore and making people decide whether to try to kill all mens before they block, well I don't know what change that would make except to make cpomb teams even worse at winning.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

you could just take away the selective nature and say anyone with PO will PO all the time, every time if he can.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Help what? People to whine more about Studman killing their team?
Cpomb certainly doesn't make people win anymore and making people decide whether to try to kill all mens before they block, well I don't know what change that would make except to make cpomb teams even worse at winning.

Well one thing it would do is that CPOMB would be probally be less common inless you are a fan of the dangerzone or like waving shirts around.

CTMB would turn into the Norm, even in the box and then I would be getting hate PM from all the elf lovers out there.

Then Box Majors would not turn into the Elf Stomping ground that it currently is. Do you bashers in the Box have no shame that the Elfs seem to be winning over 50% of your majors?
Atleast these guys held up the basher pride and took down the last box major. Its about stinking time someone showed some bash pride.

You want to nerf BLODGE? impliment my idea pronto and watch blodge wither and DIE!

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Y U change all the things?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
maysrill wrote:

Very Happy Shocked Smile Confused Surprised

How to search topic titles only?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
maysrill wrote:

I honestly don't think there's a real solution to any problem involving PO other than eliminating it.

You can debate changes that are unlikely to ever be implemented, that's one of the wonders of the forums. If ever there were to be a change, I would rather see it gone than any of the 10,000 different suggestions on the topic that have been floated out there since CRP became the law of the land.

I'm sure if you searched hard enough, you'd find your own suggestion buried among the uncounted pages of offal slopped onto the forums on the topic.

I wouldn't go getting all uppity about bringing up old topics, given the one you've chosen to start...

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone with a clue takes tackle already. Elfs will always be fantastic in CRP.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Making piling on not give SPPs might help as well.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
I prefere to have him hiding on the ground to hide form other C pombers. Some times I am forced to leave him standing as I cause a cas with out usin PO. He might be left exposed if I cannot get sufficient cover. I would love to have him prone at all times (he has jump up).

This sums up all that is wrong with this rules ste. Safer lying on the floor! Booo
Beerox

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2013 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
This sums up all that is wrong with this rules ste. Safer lying on the floor! Booo

A new "Lay Down" skill will help everyone.

What's to stop a player from laying down? It's very fluffy, anyone can lay down! If Pile On players can lay down then so can everyone I say.

As long as Pile On is doubly useful (1: cause pain, 2: avoid getting blocked and piled on), let's just add Lay Down and make a complete mockery of the game. It's only fair.
 Jump to: