23 coaches online • Server time: 07:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

In case you haven't seen it, this might help:

'Sizing
Sizing is an issue with most of the Stunty fonts. The new icons should be created based on the same scale the standard icons are being/were changed to. All sizes below are to the top of the head, not including helmets, etc. Please try and stick to this range. Icons may be a bit shorter or taller, depending on how much their width/girth effects the perception of strength.

ST1 - 16-18 pixels
ST2 - 20-22 pixels
ST3 - 27-28 pixels
ST4 - 32 pixels
ST5 - 38-40 pixels'

From https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19391

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 09:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers, no I hadn't read that. So my bone dolls come in a couple of pixels taller than they should which I kinda suspected. I'm not totally happy with them anyway so I'll have another go. Interestingly the straw man comes in 3 pixels shorter than he should which I didn't expect a he's based on an existing zombie icon. I'll play around and see whatI can do Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 10:36
FUMBBL Staff

Here's a second go at the straw man, this time taller. I think it looks better already and didn't take long to change. Thanks for the tip Smile
member1234

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps the Bone Dolls could use some red/blue shoulder pads just? Medium eyes I prefer as well I think, definitely not the large eyes though.

Still loving the team and loving the Icons. Stunty needs Undead!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 12:33
FUMBBL Staff

Here's 2 completely new bone dolls. Smaller, the body mostly scratch drawn with the original skellie head. Got a black or yellow eyes variant. May put my other bone doll head on this body to see what it looks like also.
These new ones have no colour at all at the moment. I like the shoulder pads idea so I'll look at adding them in
gjopie

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I like those bone doll icons, but prefer the black eyes rather than a yellow eyes.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2013 - 15:39
FUMBBL Staff

Another bone doll. Think this will be the final one. Short, squat and mean looking with shoulder pads. Ideal for throwing!

Edit: and just for a laugh because I wanted to I did a leather face with 2 saws!

mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2013 - 02:44
FUMBBL Staff

For some reason the Doll image in the last post only displays half the time for me, so I'll try again. Weird...

member1234

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2013 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Not 100% sure on the shoulder padded icon, definitely allows to identify which team the player is on, better than the base icon, but sort of looks like he has no arms, perhaps making them a bit smaller? Might be hard with so few pixels to play around with though. (Feel awful criticising icons, I had a go at making one in photoshop and couldn't even come close to managing it!)

Could just be me though, see if anyone else agrees. Wink
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2013 - 17:02
FUMBBL Staff

No, it's fair. I've liked it less each time I've looked at it. Here's another go I'm happier with:
I've made the pads smaller and also given them a small attachment harness that adds a bit of character I think.

I'm glad you like the team. Was nice to see them championed in your stunty analysis thread Smile
member1234

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Much prefer this one, it even makes the head look bigger to fit the fluff! Smile
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 17:11
FUMBBL Staff

I'm quite pleased with it. I've done another leather face. I'll see if I'm happy with it in a few days and then have a go at the profiles

New leather face
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the roster quite a lot.

Have you thought about AV6 Bone Dolls? The only concern I have with the roster listed is that their basic guys are a tad good. At AV6, they could be 45k, but as a Nurgling coach let me tell you that AV7/Dodge/Regen has really good skill memory (at least by Stunty standards), and cycling for studs can lead to some truly wicked players.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I like the roster a lot, but I'd drop the Bone Dolls armour to 6 and their price too.

This team 'feels' like a Chaos Fling team, with 1 big guy and 2 fragile Mechavermin instead of the other. With AV 7, there's really no reason to play Chaos Flings.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Would the Strawmen be light enough to be tossed? A non stunty TTM would be a Stunty (Blood Bowl) first!
 Jump to: