42 coaches online • Server time: 16:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 20:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the suggestions. I did consider av6 and actually made them that to begin with but was worried they'd be TOO similar to chaos flings (having exactly the same stat line). It's a good point though so I'll change it next time I'm on my computer.

Strawmen would probably be light enough but whether they'd hold up to the rigors of landing I'm not so sure Razz I'm not opposed to the idea though.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 02:29
FUMBBL Staff

I've edited the bone doll av down to 6 and added all the most recent icons to the op.

Here's the team shot

Thanks
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks awesome!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2013 - 14:26
FUMBBL Staff

Thanks Smile

Here's my first profile
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 11:32
FUMBBL Staff

With the announcement that new teams will be added to the Leeg lots of the old roster topics have been appearing back at the top of the page. The Effigies have received great feedback in the past and scored quite well in last year's poll so I thought it was high time I pull them out for another showing.

Effigies Roster
Background:
There are many Necromancers in old world with a love Blood Bowl, but not all have the wealth of resources available in the big leagues. These unfortunate souls turn to the Stunty League to get their fix. Their teams are cobbled together from whatever parts they can scavenge, and they may not look pretty, but they are entertaining.

Players:
Bone Doll
Carved and assembled from the bones of dead animals, these diminutive creatures look like tiny skeletons with overly large heads. They aren't very fast but they can be tough to put down.
0-16 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Right Stuff A 45,000

Leatherface/Stitched Together
Made from tanned human skin and filled with cotton wool, these tiny creatures are very lightweight and tend to get pushed around. To re-dress this balance enterprising necromancers have started giving them chainsaws. They can cause a lot of damage, but the wisdom of equipping a pillow with a chainsaw is dubious and they often spectacularly fall to pieces. Fortunately they're not normally too hard to put back together.
0-2 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Decay, Right Stuff, Chainsaw (Penalty Roll 7+) A 55,000

Scarecrow/Strawman
On occasion a lucky necromancer will find a mostly in-tact corpse. Following the ancient practices of taxidermy these are then stuffed with straw. Newly created they can look like real people, albeit very ill ones, but it doesn't take long on a Blood Bowl field before there's little skin left and the straw insides spill out onto the field. They're unusually unnerving to be around, even for Blood Bowl players.
0-2 4 3 2 8 Regenerate, Disturbing Presence G 90,000

Mummy
It's a very rare and prosperous day when a necromancer finds a freshly dead corpse, and they know exactly what to do with them. Embalmed and wrapped in bandages, Mummies are fierce creatures and very deadly on the field.
0-1 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Throw Team-Mate S 125,000

Re-Roll: 60,000
Apothecary: No

I think the pricing is about right and it's fairly well balanced as is. Some changes I'd considered:
- MA 4 on the bone dolls and reducing the price.I felt this would make the team too slow overall.
- I'm considering knives instead of chainsaws on the stitched together though this wouldn't fit the 'leather face' pun.
- Suggested in this thread, making the stitched together AG4 an no hands so they can be thrown.
- Making the Stitched together Titchy and no-handed so they can get anywhere but can't handle the ball.

The biggest thing I'd like to incorporate (as was mentioned on another recent thread) is some kind of undead style resurrection mechanic. I wasn't sure this was possible in Stunty. If it is here is how it could be approached.

- Each played is resurrected. Big Guys resurrect as Mummies, Str 3/4 players as Scarecrows, and Chainsaws are used on Leather faces (finding the other parts is easy) and any Stunties resurrect as the bone dolls. Using this mechanic it would also be possible to have some players un-purchasable and only available via resurrection. This could affect the amount of positionals allowed, and could make the team weak early on but it would fit the fluff very well.

Thanks for reading and giving them a shot Very Happy
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 16:52
FUMBBL Staff

While revisiting this, cowhead (Icon Guru) has had a go at doing me some Day of the Dead style bone dolls. I think they look ace. We're unsure whether there's enough colour on there to distinguish team, but I think they look very distinctive and cool.

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The resurrection mechanism DOES work in Stunty, just not very well, as only non-Stunty, non-regen players less than ST5 can be resurrected. But my Nurglings have raised a new Nurgling before from a Head Carver (Obed Marsh II).

So, there's no reason this team couldn't be able to resurrect dead players, you'd just be limited to the restrictions above. And the only thing you'd likely get would be Bone Dolls.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 17:14
FUMBBL Staff

Thanks for the info, that's what I thought. That's sort of what I meant by not working. It may literally work, but it's not working as desired (which would be for stunties to be raised as stunties). Some of the other roster threads recently have been coming out with stranger and more complex mechanical ideas so I thought I'd add what my ideal plan would be, provided it's possible. Harvestmouse mentioned something similar the other day with regards a resurrection team, which is in effect what this is supposed to be. The only reason it wasn't added in the fisrt place was for the reasons you stated Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts are:

I think the theme needs a little work to fit into the established world. But it feels to me an Arcane Magic/New Orleans type theme (which I think would work and could be good). New Orleans is a great inspiration for a team, but needs work to fit into the universe already created.

This idea sings to me 'New World Voodoo', which I kind of added as the look to Pygmies. However Vampire Coast/New Orleans crossover, is a cool theme I think.

I love leather face, I'd vote for him becoming a stunty star right now. I'd do a new body though, right now he just looks leather. The head and his character, are perfect as is.

Mummy in Stunty is also good. He needs a neg trait though, I think.

I really don't like Strawman. Firstly, a G access ST 3 AV 8 player has no place in the division I think. I dislike his look, and I'm not keen on his fluff.

I'm thinking Live and Let Die meets Candy Man on the Vampire Coast for this one.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 14:40
FUMBBL Staff

I did go a little horror movie/New Orleans with the theme, unintentionally at first but it seemed to 'fit'.

I have no doubt that someone could produce a better Scarecrow icon than the one I did. I quite like the fluff though. Scarecrows and Mummies are both seen in Voodoo artwork.

On the balance issues, I'm interested why you think the Mummy needs a negatrait as no-one else has suggested this (and some suggested having 2 of them!) and I think not having one is his main appeal. Is it just a case of 'because all the others have one'? The Scarecrows are good players, but offset by the fact the team has no real solid ball-carriers and is very slow.

I'm glad you like the leatherface. It's my first and only go at a scratch drawn icon. I borrowed the saw though Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The main reason is blitzing. Ok you have leather face, but ST 5 players can get a 3 die MB hit with ease. So, we generally dodge them away, even if it means a fall, and as most players have dodge, it makes sense.

If you have a neg trait big guy you have to weigh up the chances of your neg trait failing, on the chances of accomplishing your blitzing objective.

If you don't have a neg trait on him, then there's not weighing up to do, also loner. I think I'd at least remove ttm (no reason they should have ttm) and add loner.

I'm not opposed to have 2 mummies, just balanced ones.

I think what might help, is if you link some pictures of what type of looks you are going for.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 23:48
FUMBBL Staff

I get what you mean, but he is slow and competing for that blitz with 2 G access players and the saws. The TTM was something that was added at the request of thread. All other Str 5 guys have it. I think the only reason mummies don't is cos they normally have no-one to throw.

I'll find some images tomorrow Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks an interesting roster, think Stunty could do with an Undead team (Strigoyans are clearly Vampires). One thought - as this team is clearly 'stitched-up undead', wouldn't a flesh golem fit the roster better than a mummy?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2015 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

No, not all big guys have ttm in Stunty. Only the ones that have it normally, or have been added and it fits. As Mummies don't have it normally, I don't think they should in this roster.

I also think it's best to start out on the weak side and work up, that's not a disaster. Starting from the other side is though......especially when you try to downgrade them.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2015 - 12:35
FUMBBL Staff

No sorry, I didn't mean that. I meant that in regular BB all Big Guys that are in a team with Stunties have TTM, or rather all teams with Right Stuff players have someone who can throw them - and the reason a Mummy doesn't have it is because there's no-one to throw.

For this roster specifically I think the TTM could be important for compensating the lack of speed, and it would be quite a reliable option.

I agree it's best to start weaker which is why I resisted suggestions of upping them at all, adding a second Mummy or even a ball carrying player. If the roster got picked up then these decisions wouldn't be mine to make anyway, but I like the Mummy as-is personally. Having no negatraits is kinda their 'thing'. They're super slow and in-agile, but don't have a big flaw. The Scarecrows too; they are Str3 and Av8, but they're no MechaVermin, they're Zombies with DP. Admittedly they're much more powerful in Stunty than in regular BB. Maybe if there was a resurrection mechanic in place so they could only be obtained from killing other Str 3/4 players then that would keep them in check.

As for the looks, for the Scarecrow I had in mind something between this and these (1, 2, 3, 4). To fit with the proposed fluff they were formally corpses that have over time been pieced together with more straw and sack-cloth.

The Leather Face is styled to look like a more traditional Voodoo doll.

@DrDeath: Thanks! I think the mummy fits a little better stylistically than the Golem. The Scarecrows and Mummy are both about preserving bodies rather than building them, which fits better with the limited talents of the Stunty Necromancers Very Happy
 Jump to: