37 coaches online • Server time: 13:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Retro21

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be controversial but just thinking aloud. What about Blood Bowl without the cas? So just stunned, and then if you do serious damage they can be down on the floor for an extra turn (and your guys still get spp).

This would keep 11 players on the pitch and games would become more tactical than a war of attrition that sometimes emerges.

I haven't thought this through, there's probably a lot of reasons this wouldn't work, but thought it was an intriguing idea?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So how will Dwarfs ever beat elves?
Retro21

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

by knocking them down. If you cas an oppo he will be down for two (three?) turns.

I know there are problems with the theory, but looking for solutions, a way to make it work, rather than just looking for holes Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you would have to rename the game
blader4411

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Another OP who got crushed and now wants to remake the entire game to his advantage...

Sad
Retro21

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

blader4411 wrote:
Another OP who got crushed and now wants to remake the entire game to his advantage...

Sad

haha, not quite! I just wondered about it - hardly advocating changing the whole game. I'm looking for a discussion about how it would work, if at all, rather than implementing it Smile
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, as a game, it would probably be more sound design. It would really emphasize good positioning and risk-management, and separate the good coaches from the bad.

However, it would lose quite a bit of the drama, which is a major factor in a lot of people's enjoyment.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be all for making the game a little less bloody, and redo the mng table (which I did a thread about). However player removal is an integral part of the game, without it, half the teams lose any initiative they would have.

However a lot of players live for the kills, this is a major reason they play. I don't really understand this, however you have to respect their opinions. I liken this to 'American Chopper', great end product, lousy characters who like to destroy things on the way for no apparent reason.

If it were me, I'd make things like surfs, gfis, rock max bh, and then use my mng table.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Would rather play without the ball than without the blood!

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I don't really understand this...

it's because when I first saw the box all those years ago it had the word 'Blood' on it in big letters and a picture of a big nasty ogre type guy on the front who looked as if he was going to crush everyone on his way to the end zone.

Does what it says on the box. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
I don't really understand this...

it's because when I first saw the box all those years ago it had the word 'Blood' on it in big letters and a picture of a big nasty ogre type guy on the front who looked as if he was going to crush everyone on his way to the end zone.

Does what it says on the box. Very Happy

Yeah it would be a completely different game, and I would like to see how it would play out rather than use instead of the original game.

Will have to check your thread HM, that seems like a good idea re: mngs etc.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVrsGHs2MCk

There you go koadah, no orc required.
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont know if will ever be available as a league or game option but with no ko's I think the league would be full of elves.
jdvmat

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There exists a game with similar objectives and game dynamics: score goal on the opposite field just by moving, passing and avoiding tacklezones, although it's not allowed to block. http://www.mastergoal.com/images/Tut_mastergoal_in.pdf

Probably your not bloody Blood Bowl will be something similar.
LucaAnt

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2013 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer Blood Bowl without the useless Bowl
 Jump to: