39 coaches online • Server time: 15:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fred4likesam3

Post 9 Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I write this so you too can avoid the path that my life has taken, a life that ultimately turned me into a fumbbl troll and ultiamtely had me banned.

The year was 2013, I was an app developer who, through through luck of circumstance, managed to get into the phone app phenomena. I made an app that was very successful, raking me a king's fortune.

But it wasn't all shiraz and dandelions, I soon found the empytiness that comes with great riches. I found myself looking for meaning in the fumbbl chatrooms as my app developer freinds played. Soon I was hooked on the game. Being of great intellect, I found most coaches easy to beat but I loved the games rules which were flexible. I loved getting dice raped as it meant i could lose, something that never happened in the real world. I started to enjoy the possibility that in the fumbbl world I could actually lose at things due the the chance nature of the game. SOmetmies when I was winning I would change my tactic on purpose just to start losing again and get that great feeling.

Soon, i needed not just to lose but to lose big and badly. I would tease the other coaches, do stupd things on the field, drop games, basisically do as much as I could to be a spectuatculary bad sport. It was the best feeling ever. Ultiately thiought this attitude got me banned, blackliseted by the two coaches i played and generally ostrichised.

This caused great consternation as now I could not play any games of the game i loved. I tried getting the same high of otyher things: geating beat up in the street, causeing minor traffic acidents by crashing into things, self harm, but to no avail. There just wasnt that same mashocim feeling that I get on this site.

The problem with fumbbl is that it encourages sadism and machosism. Some teams are like a gateway drug - such as khemri (especially) and all bashy teams. You will start playing the ball with these teams but over time you will be seduced into just bashing the other side, and eventaully this will be internalised and you will pick weaker teams like elves and not play the ball either and just get bashed.

To stop becoming a troll it is important no matter what team you play, that you always play the ball. Understand that failure to do so will result in you getting caught in the web of fight club like issues in what is a downward spiral snowball.

Today, I just cope with my ban. Some days are easier than others, but I just try and take it day by day nonetheless. It still hurts to not play the game, and I wished now i played the ball, cause if i did, Id still be playing today. Not a day goes by when I dont think about it.

Be safe and remember to play the ball,

Your freind.

fred4sam3

Last edited by fred4likesam3 on Apr 01, 2013 - 03:22; edited 1 time in total
blader4411

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy April 1st?
fumbblblitzfun

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

beautifully written.

I would add that you can take the evolution progression even further:

1. Basher 2. Bashee 3. Become an admin

HAHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAHHH

PS most admin are control freaks who are sycophants goveliing to Christer, except for shadow4
GhostofSirIsaacNewton

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse is pretty cool, when he is actually on and not AFK.

Last edited by GhostofSirIsaacNewton on Apr 01, 2013 - 03:44; edited 1 time in total
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

fumbblblitzfun wrote:

PS most admin are control freaks who are sycophants goveliing to Christer, except for shadow4

Now April 1st..

__Synn
gumbydo

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow4 is one of the fairest guys out there. He listen first, considers and then, only then, makes a decision
fred4likesam3

Post 6 Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Kryten. I've done a lot of bad stuff that he just turned a blind eye to. He has his limits sure, but he doesn't mind letting things slide.

He would make a great fouling ref
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

/me is sad to find no pie here...
GhostofSirIsaacNewton

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock's problem is not his administrative abilities, which are very good and fair.

His problem is simply in that he thinks he is that little bit better than everyone else cause he knows a little bit about'programming'.

This weekend warrior would struggle to code anything not embedded in Python language.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, it's BLOOD bowl, not football. The ball is optional.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

fyi...creating a 5th account, posting up gibberish, then replying with your 3rd and 4th accounts...

...pretty stupid...

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: