58 coaches online • Server time: 17:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2012 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 8 of the Human League Premiership and Conference is already under the way.

It's too early for the first report, but today we had a great clash between two serious contenders to the Conference title.
[B]oxing at 11 are still on the lead, but the Kingston Kruelty are coming back nicely, and beaten them up hard in this match!
Will The_Murker finally get is title? Or Jumboparagon will defend his first place?

On the other hand, the Premiership seems sleeping, with most teams committed to the Black Cup...

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Score Updates

Not much to say on the Premiership side: most teams are still playing the Black Cup or licking their wounds after a beating in there. Maybe we will see some more action in the second half of August.

In the Conference, [B]oxing at 11 already completed the sprint and holds the first place, but midway they faced the Kingston Kruelty. Bloody win for the KK, and the [B]oxing at 11 didn't recover well, with a streak of disappointing results. Even the Kingston Kruelty are puzzling after the big match: their TV boosted to Premiership range, and they seem a bit afraid to get back on the pitch...

Come on The_Murker, it's not that bad above 1600TV... Wink

First three Premiership positions:
1. Nuln Kickers - 7 points (1/1/1)
2. Vault Tec Squad - 6 points (1/1/0)
3. Inglorius Followers - 5 points (1/0/1)

First three Conference positions:
1. [B]oxing at 11 - 43 points (8/3/5)
2. Kingston Kruelty - 27 points (6/1/1)
3. Sons of Brutus - 20 points (4/1/2)

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

MMMMmmm.. afraid? Perhaps. I'm at a bit of a cross-roads, truth be told. My main goal is to get the logo in the hall of fame. I will try 6 times a year faithfully in the Conference. And so far I'm enjoying it immesnsly. (because I'm winning, of course) But the recent purchase of the Ogre to save deaths on the LoS has worked a little too quickly and effectively, and I find myself with a skilled up team and almost half a million in the bank. Good times by all accounts.

I don't really have one massive stand-out player that the Premiership could take away from me either, although the ST3 DT catcher just did kick some real butt in the last game. So I guess I'm just preparing myself to dabble on the border line between Premiership and Conference. Simply completing a Premiership sprint should be good enough for a Top Three trophy that I'm missing, but I've been burnt in the Premiership in the past by not even being able to complete it after so many CAS. Just look at all of those Kruelty deaths in their bio. And that dosn't include Journeymen!

But the alternative is to cut good humans to get away from 1600 TV which is not something I'm prepared to do. Nuffle would punish me severly I'm sure, and I'd see the half mil reduced to 10 grand in just a few games.

More accurately, I'm actually studying quite a bit right now because I have the oppertunity to go back to Canada next week and do my old job for a month. Very cool stuff. I'm not sure how much Blood Bowl I'll get in so I wanted an early start on the Conference.

Love this League! Anyone who is in the Hall of Fame and does not have a team logo, please PLEASE send me some team colors and a rough idea. I'd love to get it looking all purdy in case I ever get the Kruelty in there. Cheers humans.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Graveyard Toppers 2 - 1 Kingston Kruelty

Yup, that's exactly what I remember in the Premiership. My only blitzer with a double is dead, and my star catcher with a serious injury. My first game in the Premiership in over a year is a match against probablly the best put together Necro team I've seen. At 1680 TV they had it all. ClawPomb, Ag4 dodge wulf, 2 Guard zombies, and a blodge Golumn. The wulf gets 4 cas and my team was 10 on 6 for the second half. Good times. I gave them a run, but it just isn't worth it I don't think.

Ooo look, a loss in the Premiership AND the Conference. The upside is I don't have to decide who to fire.

GG Topper. Very nice team.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2012 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It's an hard life, but some human has to get out to kick such abominations!

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2012 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Score Updates

The Premiership is still quiet, only the Vault Tec Squad seems to take it seriously and get the lead thanks to the large number of games played. We can expect some major movements in the future, since a few teams are coming up nicely (the Sons of Brutus have a perfect record!) and the Bayernhoff Bengals are back on the pitch.

The Kingston Kruelty finally took the lead in the Conference, will their record be enough to defend the first place against the other contenders? They will try to improve the score or move on the Premiership to take on a first ever, impressive, double title?

1. Vault Tec Squad - 32 points (6/3/2)
2. Sons of Brutus - 12 points (3/0/0)
3. Nuln Kickers - 11 points (2/1/1)

1. Kingston Kruelty - 47 points (10/1/5)
2. Sons of Brutus - 44 points (8/4/4)
3. [B]oxing at 11 - 43 points (8/3/5)

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2012 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sons now have a loss. A brutal defeat to lizards where the legend died and four players took permanent injury. And not a Cpomber in sight.

Join the Human League Premiership!
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2012 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch. That sucks. Sorry man.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Mid-Season Update

In the Premiership, the Vault Tec Squad is the first team to complete the Sprint and it holds the first places while the Sons of Brutus keep it up despite the death of Knot Theface. The first three positions of the Conference are unchanged, but The Kingston Kruelty improve their score and are coming up strong in the Premiership, maybe they are really looking for a double title?

1. Vault Tec Squad - 44 points (8/4/4)
2. Sons of Brutus - 27 points (5/2/3)
3. Kingston Kruelty - 20 points (4/1/2)

1. Kingston Kruelty - 48 points (10/2/4)
2. Sons of Brutus - 46 points (9/3/4)
3. [B]oxing at 11 - 43 points (8/3/5)

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh the deaths and SI's piling up. I'm not sure September is long enough to rebuild to 1610 TV nine more times!

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2012 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Six more Premiership games to go! This is my first crack at completing a 16 game sprint in the Premiership and it feels like it's one qualifying game, two recovery games so far. Got some real weaknesses in the team at the moment, and according to a recent opponent no tactics or skill on the coaching staff Very Happy

Join the Human League Premiership!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Score Updates

It seems a quite decade for the Human League, with no news in the Premiership, just the three top teams improving their score with the Vault Tec Squad still in the lead... Even in the Conference, the Kingston Kruelty and the Sons of Brutus still hold the two top spots... But...
Max Schmerz is back on the pitch! Do you think the migthy Bayernhoff Bengals will settle for the bronze medal in the Conference? I don't think so...

1. Vault Tec Squad - 46 points (9/3/4)
2. Sons of Brutus - 33 points (6/2/5)
3. Kingston Kruelty - 26 points (4/3/4)

1. Kingston Kruelty - 48 points (10/2/4)
2. Sons of Brutus - 46 points (9/3/4)
3. Bayernhoff Bengals - 44 points (8/4/4)

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This league is sooooo racist! Shame!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have really been enjoying my first FUMBBL human side and trying to complete a 16 game conference sprint. After getting to 7/2/2 in the sprint (plus first match won in July) and having some decent blitzers and catcher I thought I had a good crack of winning the Conference and easy chance for the highest td scorers. My best ever start with a team. BUT just had 3 unfortunate losses in a row including the death of our important S4 tackle captain in our last match and -1 strength to Fato the Ogre. Bankrupt and now hoping only for top 10! Will the Plebeians ever get back to such good performances or was that their peak?
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, good times. Welcome to the heart-break that is the "Great Conference Start, Painful Finish." Nuffle knows what he's doing. He's a real jerk. Welcome to the pack!

Man, the Bengals took it on the chin from Chuck today. I was afraid Max was gonna bite the dust with so may humans off of the pitch.

Jump to: