58 coaches online • Server time: 19:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Easy enough: 3.96% of games happen at all TVs where one team has 5 or fewer games and the other has 15 or more.

Sorry Dode, that wasn't what I was asking. I meant of the games featuring 'rookie' teams how many of those games featured an opponent with more than 15 games.

I figured that to be around 13%

So if your rookie team plays five games you'd have a pretty good chance of hitting one of these teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
Calcium wrote:

you're having a laugh right?

ClawPOMB games get more specs than any other game outside of majors/smacks/BBB games. You may find it boring to spec, but I can assure you that many specs don't find it boring. So you sir are in a minority Smile

So wrong!!

People spec because they love listening to the clmbpo coach whine when there only plan A noob tactic goes wrong and they get there arse kicked.

Thats what we enjoy watching.

Thing is, people are different and spec for different reasons.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
Calcium wrote:

you're having a laugh right?

ClawPOMB games get more specs than any other game outside of majors/smacks/BBB games. You may find it boring to spec, but I can assure you that many specs don't find it boring. So you sir are in a minority Smile

So wrong!!

People spec because they love listening to the clmbpo coach whine when there only plan A noob tactic goes wrong and they get there arse kicked.

Thats what we enjoy watching.

Says the coach with the CDs which have, wait for it, CLAWPOMB Smile

I watch them as I like to see the "herd get culled"

Plus I love the meaty RIP sound Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have 1 CLMBPO on each team no big deal and any way need a double on CDs which is how it should be.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I meant of the games featuring 'rookie' teams how many of those games featured an opponent with more than 15 games.
74812 games with at least one team with 5 or fewer games. 4828 games with one team with 5 or fewer and one with 15 or more. 6.45%.

Last edited by dode74 on %b %29, %2013 - %23:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Quote:
this isn't the thread for that discussion though.
The fact that there exist these teams and coaches who deliberately play them just to... do whatever... (pad their win%, be a douche, show off their ePeen, ...) is the issue.
Their ability to do so depends solely on their ability to inflate their on-pitch effectiveness with respect to the matching criteria though, making this exactly the thread for that discussion if it is CPOMBing Noobhunters (rather than just CPOMBers) which are the issue, and you suggest that they are.
CPOMB happens in all environments, but they don't get to prey on noob teams in any environment but TV-based matching such as B. Change the matching mechanism for one which better represents on-pitch effectiveness and you resolve the issue. Assuming, of course, you (generic) think the issue is worth solving.

I agree with you dode, I just don't think this is the thread to have an honest discussion about fixing the match maker Wink

Read HMs initial post for what this thread is supposed to be about Very Happy
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

no, no, no, no we do not need another thread with stats about the matchmaker.

We are here to bash CLAWPOMB and MIN/MAX, lets get this thread back on track Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I agree with you dode, I just don't think this is the thread to have an honest discussion about fixing the match maker Wink

You were the one who said noobhunting was the issue. If it is, then I think (and I think you agree) that the matchmaker is at least a part of the issue.

Happy enough to drop it and let people cry over their dead pixels though Wink
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
licker wrote:

You were the one who said noobhunting was the issue. If it is, then I think (and I think you agree) that the matchmaker is at least a part of the issue.

I did say all of that, but as EA points out... this thread is to whine and moan in, not to find solutions to 'problems' which may or may not exist Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
member1234 wrote:

Cookie cutter builds, bash games decided on random cas Dice, actualy *helping* elfball in some environments since CPOMB and the meta stops balanced builds. Gone are the bash vs bash positional wars, gone is the character of when a player actually manages some scary rolls. (dime a dozen CPOMB vs a non crippled Claw RSC player!) Mutations galore.... but pure vanilla.

This is by far my biggest gripe with CRP.

Clawpomb turns a game of positioning into Yahtzee.

Also clawpomb made Dwarfs and Orcs cool... shame on you! Sad

THIS ^^^

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
koadah wrote:
I meant of the games featuring 'rookie' teams how many of those games featured an opponent with more than 15 games.
74812 games with at least one team with 5 or fewer games. 4828 games with one team with 5 or fewer and one with 15 or more. 6.45%.

Interesting. This means that if you make a new team and put it to the box, your chances of getting noobjacked is less than your chances of throwing double both-down.

As a meta, I'm wondering what sort of conspiracy made Harvestmouse star this topic? What is the administration hiding covering up? Wink
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You throw double both down 2.78% of the time...

Still what import does the actual % of this make?

Alternatively, in your 1st five games if you assume a 6% chance in each of getting a min/maxed team you will face one around 27% of the time.

So roughly a quarter of all new teams will face a min max team (at least once) in their first 5 games.

Numbers...

What are they supposed to mean anyway?
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
dode74 wrote:
licker wrote:

I did say all of that, but as EA points out... this thread is to whine and moan in, not to find solutions to 'problems' which may or may not exist Smile

If we're going to challenge the monster cyanide threads then we also need dreadful 'solutions' to whine about.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

LOCK THIS THREAD NOW!!!!!!

Thanks.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you liek Pomper?

jimimothybodles wrote:
I FOUND HIM!

THE GUY CAUSING ALL THE TROUBLE

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: