34 coaches online • Server time: 09:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Willard73

Post   Posted: May 10, 2004 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Round one deadline has passed, and forfeits have been handed out, in accordance to the new forfeit rules. (See league rules page)

Thank you to the Adpetus League for leading by example... already well into their 3rd round!

Also, we have had our first coach ejection. Brutal Brew, in the Archon Conference, had shown no activity in over 20 days. The team was ejected, and all teams that were to face Brutal Brew, will receive the full 15 points for a win.

Also, the following are a list of coaches that had not finished their round one games and received a forfeit, and that I have not heard from yet, or have not logged on in a long time. If these coaches do not complete their round 2 games by deadline, and have not contacted me with an acceptable reason, they will be ejected at the end of round two. Consider this your warning:
"Plundering Vikings"- Gonzorgg
"Hera's Oracle"- Wadehek
"CIA"- Shabash
"'Ere comes da Grudge!"- Anchorhead
"Seanchan"- Lhorian

I'm not trying to be an "Iron-fisted Tyrant" or anything, just want to keep the league moving. I don't think I will open next season up to the public. I think it will be strictly for the dedicated coaches that play most of their matches.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2004 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Willard - Anchorhead quit FUMBBL and will not be playign any matches. He notified me about a month ago.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you positive?
He has logged on within the last week,
his last gamed played was April 6th,
and he has played 3 games in the past two weeks.

Did he really quit a month ago, or was he feeding you a bunch o' horse crap? Wink
-Willard73

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

his last gamed played was April 6th,
and he has played 3 games in the past two weeks.

Well if his last game was April 6th how did he play 3 games the past 2 weeks? He really guit a month ago after his April 6th game (ie - it's now May 11th).

He has logged on to check messages. You can keep him around but don't be suprised when he doesn't play his games.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Rofl, okay, I'm an idiot! I was looking at my calendar wrong, and thought he had just played on the 6th of this month... not last.
Okay, I'll be booting Anchorhead, and since he hasn't been on all coaches scheduled to play him will receive full credit wins (including his round one opponent.) Thanks Mully! Wink
-Willard73

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Round two deadline has passed! A few more forfeits were
passed out this round, and the league is now two more teams short.

Coach Zwobot, of the "Zerek Falcons", has retired his team from the
league. All coaches who were to play this team from round 2 on, will
receive full credit wins.

Also, Coach Wadehek of "Hera's Oracle", has been ejected from the
league. All teams who were to play him from round 2 on, will also receive
full credit wins.This team has missed both rounds, without contacing myself.
I did try to warn coaches of this action in my May 10th post... and thank
you to the coaches that did get their games in. Please, if you are unable
to get your game in... notify me so that I will know you haven't lost
interest. If you miss too many games without contacting myself, you
will be ejected.

Just trying to weed out the coaches that are holding back
progress, and keep the interested coaches in.

Thanks to all, and on to round 3!
-Willard73
Willard73

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Voting time!!!
There are alot of byes happening now, with the amount of coaches who have been ejected, or retired.
The way I see it, there are a few ways to go with this league from here...

1) Leave it alone, keeping handing out byes and forfeits, and finish the season as is.

2) Consider these first few rounds a "pre-season" warm-up. Re-adjust the divisions so
that there are an even number of teams in each (or at least most) so there are no byes...
and start the season over.

3) Any other thoughts the coaches might have, that I haven't thought of yet.

Well, let's hear what you guys think. I will be basing my decision on how the majority of you feel,
and not what my personal thought is. There are more of you than me, and I'm trying to keep you
all happy, lol. Wink

I'll be making my decision this week, so chime in and let me hear your thoughts!
-Willard73
Mully

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

1st - you need to extend the rounds to 10 days each so that coaches in diff time zones (that actially want to play) can work something out. (or change the 3 tiers to match time zones)

2nd - For apprentice guys - I'd find out which coaches really want to play (ie make them PM you with their persoanl guarantee that they are interested) and then combine all the Apprentice tourneys into 1. Still keep it at 7-10 rounds but with more teams that are committed.

Dont know about the upper leagues or how they are doing.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the upper 2 leagues seem to be doing just fine... not many forfeits there, and only one coach dropout.

Adeptus Challenge is on fire! No complaints there... all games not only played by the deadline, but they've
always been ahead of the rest.

But for the people who seem to be having a hard time getting their games in, perhaps it is a time zone
problem. I hadn't checked where everyone was from. What do you think guys? Would it be better if I
lengthened the deadlines to every other Sunday, instead of everyweek? Two week long rounds instead
of one?
Piatrazz

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the best idea is to leave Apprentice tournaments going with forfeits and etc. Round time prolongation to 10 days would be a positive change.
Regarding game forfeits or team ejection, i propose contacting coatches. If the coatch doesn't respond in reasonable amount of time, then forfeit a game first, if he won't appear during the next round, remove the team from tournament.
Henrik_H

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

10 day rounds might be a good idea. I've currently had great problems scheduling my next game due to timezone difference. (My opponent is only online when I'm asleep and i'm only online while he is at work or asleep) We have finaly managed to work something out but it took us over a week (luckily we were both ahead of schedule so we haven't missed any deadlines.
Willard73

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
My coaches have spoken, and my aim is to please! Smile

I have adjusted all the deadline times so that they are easier to read. I've added both the weekday, and the time to be completed by, instead of just the date. For example... round three deadline now reads "Thur, May 27th, by midnight". Also all intervals between rounds have been extended to 10 days. Please check the league page for new schedules: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1060

Also, I have included dates for playoff round, and the NUXBowl games. These will have 2 week intervals between them, in order to give the coaches plenty of time to get in these Extreme Champ deciding games!

Okay guys, good luck to all, and Thank You!
-Willard73
Willard73

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Round three deadline has passed, and all forfeits have been dealt with.

There were no coach ejections this round. All of you (with the exception of a couple) kept me well informed
as to what was going on with your games, and I really appriciate it. For those of you I didn't hear from.... make
sure you get your games in this round.

Also, I realized that tier 3 of the apprentice tourney has a huge disadvantage. Since they have less coaches,
and therefore a shorter season with fewer rounds... they do not have a fair shot at gaining as many points as
the rest of the apprentice tiers.

Therefore, since coaches in tier 3 of the apprentice league only have 5 scheduled matches.... coaches in tiers 1
and 2 will only receive points for their first 5 matches. This should keep the running fair, and allow all apprentices
the same shot at advancement into the adeptus challenge.

That's all for now. Good luck, and onto round 4!
-Willard73

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a bit disapointed by my situation in this tournament. I had my bye in round 1 and then my opponents for round 2 and round 3 never bothered to show up, so I'm going into round 4 and I haven't played yet. I can already see that my round 5 opponent's team has been retired. How am I supposed to make it to the next level in that situation? Why should I even bother playing?

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well,
I'm your next opponent, so I can guarantee you that game will get played... and if your
round 5 opponent has retired, than you are guaranteed the automatic win.

Forfeits against retired coaches is worth the full 15 pts, instead of just 1,
and if you beat me that's another 15 points.

You are currently in third place in our division, and 30 pts will put you in a really
good spot going into the latter part of the season. It's the top 2 teams from
each apprentice division that play in a 6 team knockout series, and the top 2
finishing coaches from that go on to challenge for positions in the adeptus challenge...
so you've got just as much of a chance to win as anyone.

Never give up hope!!! Wink
-Willard73
 Jump to: