55 coaches online • Server time: 22:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

hi everybody.....

anyway, here's my dilemma. my favorite badass team is slowly going down the toilet, and i don't know what to do. Crying or Very sad I tried lowering my TR by firing a bunch of players, that only succeded in myself having a still inflated TR, but a much lower TS. now i'm down to 8 players ( and they're all great ) and it's nigh impossible to find a game where the odds of me losing more players isn't a certainty. Confused

Here's a link to the team:: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=21647

Any constructive ideas would help, and be greatly appreciated. Laughing

Styx
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The only advice I could give you is just suck it up, make some money, then fire some of the old players and buy new ones.

Z
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep Going on... my skaven had 5 players left and came back... So it should be possible... just keep trying!
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not that i'm daunted by the task, at one point i only had 7 players and came back up to 14, but i also had a much lower TR at the time, and my team wasn't nearly as "mean"
Quote:

The only advice I could give you is just suck it up, make some money, then fire some of the old players and buy new ones.

That's exactly what i've been trying to do, but favorable matches are few and far between. Also even the "safest" looking matches can turn out horribly wrong. Like playing the DE team with a cas average of .71, and the coach decided to foul every turn ( not that i blame him, but that was horribly crippling to my recovery and i lost 2 players )
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Can i help ya "recover" your team? FF 14 here Smile
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

/me Runs and hides from Deathgerbil....
Athoria

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

why dont you fire your 3 assistant coaches first... that's a start.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Save up cash without buying new players? Might make games easier to find, until you can replace 4 or 5 at once...of course, you'll be losing these 'recovery games' horribly in most cases, and giving up hideous handicaps in the meantime...but it could work in the long run, if you're really attached to your 9 FF... Wink er, I meant casualty count...
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

because immediatly after i fired my ass coaches the first time, my opponent got Mickey Finn and took out my apoth....then i had a guy get niggled in that game.

Quote:
Save up cash without buying new players?

that's good in theory, however i do like this team, and i like their winning record. Which took quite a while, since this is my first chaos team ever.

Last edited by AcheronStyx on Apr 05, 2004 - 20:21; edited 1 time in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:

Right, you might even want to drop a RR perhaps.
Quote:
because immediatly after i fired my ass coaches the first time, my opponent got Mickey Finn and took out my apoth....then i had a guy get niggled in that game.

I think MF now takes away the apoth anyway, at least that's what happened to me with temas with ACs if I am not mistaken.

Be more careful with regard to trait selection in the future. You can't expect low AV-teams to play a team featuring bashy traits exclusively to play against you voluntarily. If you go Frenzy/Claw/RSC then it's to be expected to gain matches against similarily developed teams.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

not to whine or anything, but here are a few examples of the games my team gets offered::

[O] Dwarf 236/226 (3.57)
[O] Dwarf 204/214 (2.31)
[O] Khemri 200/187 (4.29)
[O] Necromantic 297/248 (2.53)
[O] Khemri 229/200 (2.9)
[O] Orc 235/198 (2.69)

i don't see how playing any of them would be to my advantage, even if some of them have FF>15
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Less tackle more guard and mighty blow. Your chaos warriors would do much better with guard or mighty blow than tackle. On top of this guard is worth more team str value than most skills because it is the best skill in the game so having more guard will help to bring your tr and ts closer togethor. A chaos team really only needs two or three tackles at the most. Your team str being to low becomes even more of a problem with all that tackle when you play teams with little or no dodge since those tackles are just wasted tr and ts points that don't do anything in such match ups.

My school of thought with chaos has always been to maximize your chances of winning the games you will get and most of your games will be vs orks, dwarves, and other chaos. Unless you want to avoid ever getting mighty blow, claw, rsc, dp, or frenzy you won't get many games with elves and if you don't take any of these skills your team will just lose all of it's games. So since you will mostly be playing high armor value teams with little to no dodge load up on guard and mb and all the claws and rscs you can get. Besides whats the damn point in playing chaos without hurting things. Strip ball is another skill that is kinda worthless in most or your matchups as most bashy teams will have a sure hands ball carrier. Unless of course you are the master of all cherry pickers you won't play many elves at all with a team like that.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

one problem with that school of thought thmbscrws, - most elves (not all, but on the average) won't play chaos EVEN if you have no claws, razor claws, dirty players, frenzies, big guys, and mighty blows. They'll complain about you having too many chaos warriors, or your armors too high, or if you have more than 2 tacklers most elves will start to complain...
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

That was the point I was trying to make, forget about getting games with elves you won't. Just take skills that will be usefull for the games you will get. So just load up on usefull things for when you play against high armor bashy teams, ie. claw, rsc, dp, etc.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:
not to whine or anything, but here are a few examples of the games my team gets offered::

[O] Dwarf 236/226 (3.57)
[O] Dwarf 204/214 (2.31)
[O] Khemri 200/187 (4.29)
[O] Necromantic 297/248 (2.53)
[O] Khemri 229/200 (2.9)
[O] Orc 235/198 (2.69)

i don't see how playing any of them would be to my advantage, even if some of them have FF>15

I really can't see your problem here. Your team is 220/189 without any injuries. And you can easily subtract the FF difference from your Opponent's TR. Challenging 180 TR woodies with your team, however, seems quite pathetic to me tbh. If you'd take Guard instead of Tackle you should be competitive with the abovementioned teams. To design an anti-elf chaos team and wondering why these teams won't play you can't be meant seriously mate! Wink
BTW: Where is the problem playing against 200/187 Khemri with your team? Skellies crunch very easily. Cool
 Jump to: