48 coaches online • Server time: 23:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Qaz

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I suspect that if Christer wanted us to have random names for players, we would already have them. =)

Tristan Coldfield is a random name.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
roante

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity: Nope, at the moment there's no distinction betwen the races, maybe in the next version Smile Otherwise the names come from a list compiled by Creative Role Playing:

http://www.creative-role-playing.com/fantasy-sounding-names/

But it is also included in the Ack section of the page where you installed this script Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
Can we stop talking about the rng?

No, this is a serious issue. Then rng is definitely broken.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
I suspect that if Christer wanted us to have random names for players, we would already have them. =)

Tristan Coldfield is a random name.

Who? =P
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Players with random names are soulles creatures and may Nuffle have his wrath upon them!

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a human lineman randomly named "Clumsyhawk" who was chosen MVP and therefor hired by me. He skilled a few games later and got +AG. He died the next match.

Random names make players develop into the opposite and then die. Yepp, soul- and useless! Smile

---

roante, it doesn't work for me. I got the "Buy new player" table in a new (Firefox) tab, but hitting your bookmark doesn't do anything. :-/

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

We already have it for journeymen.

(And on a side-note, I freaked out when my zons got their first 2 mercenaries, named... David and Sylvester. Confused)

Most of the starting players of my new teams come with random names, and I find it ok. It's much better than names like "Lino 14" or US football players names IMHO. I'd actually love to have a "random name" button next to the "buy a new player" button, based on races. I'd definitely use it for most of my starting players.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Random names are gay.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe: which version of FF you are using? Can you send me the output of the web console (simply press Ctrl+Shift+K).
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be funny to set up a name submission form for fumbbl coaches where you write a name and then tick of for first name/last name/both, 24 boxes to tick for which races to get the name available and of course male/female/neutral.

Some admins to approve or remove suggestions and then compile all the names into a Fumbbl Name Generator.

I mean how hard could that be? Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

A great tool for helping people with player names when they are feeling uninspired. Good job! Themes or races would be a great way to go for future development.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

roante wrote:
Rabe: which version of FF you are using? Can you send me the output of the web console (simply press Ctrl+Shift+K).

21.0 (no newer version available)

Output:
[20:37:54.218] GET https://raw.github.com/roante/fumbbl-namegen/gh-pages/js/fumbbl-namegen.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 828ms]

Post   Posted: May 28, 2013 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe: Hm, that's strange, it indicates that it finds the script successfully Smile I'm using the same FF version. Which OS are you using?
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 29, 2013 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Windows XP

Mayve it interferes with some Firefox plugin? Well, it's not an urgent matter since I have bookmarked quite a few name generators that I use for inspiration. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2013 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for your information guys, Version 2.0 is out from the name generator.

What's new? Well, it can generate you team-specific names, i.e., no more Arnold named Amazons Smile

How to update? The newest version of the script is automatically downloaded when you click the button for the next time.
 Jump to: