19 coaches online • Server time: 05:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2013 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The bashiest teams seem to be favored in the FCC. I was the only fae team to attempt and only one eshin entered. No skinks at all, and wih 7 av, I figured they would represent at least one team. VERY bashy this year.

Would this trend tend to support painstate's hypothesis?

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2013 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

We've yet to see if mass inducements can help the lower TV teams and we've yet to see the lower costed inducements in Stunty.

I've started to wonder if a ~1400 TV speed team might be a good way to play this current Major but that's hindsight and seeing the breakdown of teams.

I also disagree on Pygmies being a poor team I think they're solidly in the middle of the pack and a really good defensive team.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2013 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

My fae team is looking at 770k inducements against a solid cheater team. Time to test the hypothesis in this major.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Threadomancy Alert! I didn't want to start a new thread....

If this is true, then which rosters provide the best bashing/killing power? I am finding Nurglings very effective at the moment but it is a tiny sample size. Anyone care to rank them from bashiest? I would have thought Nurglings/Chaos Halflings/maybe Strigoyan or something?

Thoughts PainState?

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nastiest roster at high TV are the Gnomes. Nurgle can be pretty mean, Member's team is nasty. Of course Herders are extremely potent at removing players; probably the most potent. At lower TV Skryre are also pretty mean.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes? Really?

I am new to this really, so I wonder how... Is it the strength skill access on the linos with AV8?

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

S access on linos is how. Guard & POMB spammed. Plus the slayers as blockled killers, plus the bombers.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=731359 are about the most awesome I have seen and I've seen them meaner. However there are some that have been close to this one.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Cripes!

I can see that. Hmmm, I played 3 games with them and felt it would be massively hard work to get them to that point. Need to improve my coaching obviously. Nurglings for now!

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Without bowl no blood, without blood no bowl.
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
yeah, if you are loaded with secret weapons, stalling is fun and sensible.

Why secret weapons (mostly resulting in player having Stab skill) is so much of an issue in Stunty? In conventional blood bowl Stab is not so remarkable skill at all - you can't use it from distance without a blitz, and stabbing anything human-sized is mostly not so efficient as blocking it, and stabbing something big just doesn't worth it either because of high AV. But here in Stunty it seems that having many stabbers on a team is percieved as huge advantage. Why?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 20:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Because AV is way lower.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2014 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotling vs any team with Bombardier... the Pump Wagons get automatically removed from pitch if the bomb explodes within range. Its like Dwarf vs Amazon.
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Can somebody explain what actually going on in this replay?
On the screenshot Eshin Adept (marked with blue frame) blitzes (yes, while staying adjacent to) Eshin Night Runner (marked with red frame). Night Runner is surrounded only by his own players (no possible way to get assist for blue blitzer), Adept has the same strength as his target (2) and he can't possibly have horns as he lacks access to mutations (and his card actually doesn't show he has mutations or STR buffs, it claims he is a rookie; in fact, all participants are shown as rookie, so, mb it is a display bug of sort?).. but somehow he manages to get a 2 dice block on him! (see log window below)

Is there some home rule in place I'm not aware of?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Mori-mori-mori wrote:
Can somebody explain what actually going on in this replay?
On the screenshot Eshin Adept (marked with blue frame) blitzes (yes, while staying adjacent to) Eshin Night Runner (marked with red frame). Night Runner is surrounded only by his own players (no possible way to get assist for blue blitzer), Adept has the same strength as his target (2) and he can't possibly have horns as he lacks access to mutations (and his card actually doesn't show he has mutations or STR buffs, it claims he is a rookie; in fact, all participants are shown as rookie, so, mb it is a display bug of sort?).. but somehow he manages to get a 2 dice block on him! (see log window below)

Is there some home rule in place I'm not aware of?

The reason for that is that the game is from Oct 2012. Back then Night Runners had ST1. The replay is showing the current stats, but at the time it happened, that would've been a 2-dice block. The current stats were put in place in Feb 2013.